New Look At Possible Trade Partners For Adams With New Draft Rankings And Team Needs

What teams would likely trade a first round pick for a top SS? No one in the top 15 IMO. 
Teams that need a S according to draft nerds with their estimated draft spot. 

49ers - 31st 

Broncos - 11th

Browns - 12th

Cowboys - 16th

Jags - 6th, 20th

Panthers - 8th

8 teams need a QB, 13 teams need an OT and 12 teams need edge (in bold) which is more important then a SS so that’s going to eliminate 3 of the 6 trade partners. That leaves Cowboys, 49ers and Jags. The 49ers are going to be picking in the late 20s early 30s which I think is too low of a pick unless they give up a 2nd which I don’t see them doing so they’re out IMO that leaves the board favorite the Cowboys and also the Jags which I think is the most likely because they have two 1st rounders. They’ll be able to get a CB, WR or DT with the 5th/6th pick and trade the top 20 for Adams. They’d be able to fix their secondary in one year if they get Adams and hit on a CB. 
That gives the Jets two 1st, one in the top 10 and one in the top 20. They’d be able to get the first or second ranked OT and a top WR or first ranked OG/OC or even a CB or Edge as long as they address the OL with the first pick I’d be happy.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 9

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What teams would likely trade a first round pick for a top SS? No one in the top 15 IMO. 

49ers - 31st 

Broncos - 11th

Browns - 12th

Cowboys - 16th

Jags - 6th, 20th

Panthers - 8th

8 teams need a QB, 13 teams need an OT and 12 teams need edge (in bold) which is more important then a SS so that’s going to eliminate 3 of the 6 trade partners. That leaves Cowboys, 49ers and Jags. The 49ers are going to be picking in the late 20s early 30s which I think is too low of a pick unless they give up a 2nd which I don’t see them doing so they’re out IMO that leaves the board favorite the Cowboys and also the Jags which I think is the most likely because they have two 1st rounders. They’ll be able to get a CB, WR or DT with the 5th/6th pick and trade the top 20 for Adams. They’d be able to fix their secondary in one year if they get Adams and hit on a CB. 
That gives the Jets two 1st, one in the top 10 and one in the top 20. They’d be able to get the first or second ranked OT and a top WR or first ranked OG/OC or even a CB or Edge as long as they address the OL with the first pick I’d be happy.

I do not see how the Cowboys can fit a Jamal Adams with needing to extend Prescott. Unless they feel they are going for a 1-2 year window, which I do not feel they are in position to do.

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I do not see how the Cowboys can fit a Jamal Adams with needing to extend Prescott. Unless they feel they are going for a 1-2 year window, which I do not feel they are in position to do.

Don't they also have Cooper to sign?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets trading Adams be pure stupidity 

I’m a huge Adams supporter but until the offense is fixed he’s expendable. No passrusher or CB is more important then protecting the QB so a SS definitely isn’t. If they could get a starting OC/OG to pair with a starting OT plus add one or two OL through FA the offense would be a lot better next season. Adams is a great addition to the team but he’s not a franchise changing players to a team with a questionable offense. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 4

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I'd trade him to the Jags for #20 and a later round pick like a 3rd/4th. Draft is loaded with WR and OL talent and he's going to command a huge contract next year move him and invest the return in  the Oline  

That would be a perfect trade. You get value for a good player and put the team in a spot to get multiple needed positions. As much as I like Adams it is what it is. This team isn’t winning anything important without fixing the oline. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That would be a perfect trade. You get value for a good player and put the team in a spot to get multiple needed positions. As much as I like Adams it is what it is. This team isn’t winning anything important without fixing the oline. 

Yep nothing against Adams he's a hell of a player but If I can turn Adams into Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey and then a 3rd round pick I'm doing that 100% 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, KRL said:

As frustrated as Jerry Jones is I'll be shocked if he doesn't make another offer

There’s going to be a lot of calls down in Dallas for culture changers and the fans down there were banging the drum hard for Adams at the deadline this year. Seems like a natural fit. There might be two or three safety/LB types drafted before the Cowboys pick, so it’d be decent value for them, too. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s going to be a lot of calls down in Dallas for culture changers and the fans down there were banging the drum hard for Adams at the deadline this year. Seems like a natural fit. There might be two or three safety/LB types drafted before the Cowboys pick, so it’d be decent value for them, too. 

Jamal Adams is the difference between winning and losing 

Remember the pre-game thread

they have a chance to win when he's in the lineup they don't have a chance without him 

if 33 was healthy 2 weeks ago Lamar Jackson's game vs NYJ would look slightly different 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

49ers - 31st 

Broncos - 11th

Browns - 12th

Cowboys - 16th

Jags - 6th, 20th

Panthers - 8th

I feel like this took alot of work. Nice job.

Imagine two lineman

38 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yep nothing against Adams he's a hell of a player but If I can turn Adams into Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey and then a 3rd round pick I'm doing that 100% 

not against a good trade.  i'm not sure if a 1st and 3rd is high enough.  i think i'd also entertain getting picks in 2021.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not against a good trade.  i'm not sure if a 1st and 3rd is high enough.  i think i'd also entertain getting picks in 2021.

Yea my feeling is I want a 1st and 3rd this year with a 2nd in 2021. I really have no problem with extending Jamal if we can't get good value for him.

I saw a mock draft where we got the following:

1st - Trey Adams - LT (6'7" 315 pds)

2nd - Creed Humphrey - C (6'4" 328 pds)

3rd - A.J. Terrell - CB (6"2" 190 pds)

3rd - Colin Johnson - WR (6'6" 220 pds)

All these players are ranked in the top ten at their position for this draft.  You do that on draft day AND get another 1 and three for Adams, which could mean a edge rusher like A.J. Epensesa and a RB like J.K. Dobbins, this team would have the potential to be a WHOLE lot better in one year. 

Drafting well with six picks in the top 100 can really turn a franchise around.  I like Adams, but you have to ask yourself is this team better with Adams and the contract he will demand, or a Edge rusher and another RB on their rookie deals? 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams is the difference between winning and losing 

Remember the pre-game thread

they have a chance to win when he's in the lineup they don't have a chance without him 

if 33 was healthy 2 weeks ago Lamar Jackson's game vs NYJ would look slightly different 

Is he?  Because, when Jamal Adams was in the game, we lost to the Dolphins, and when he was out of the game, we beat the Dolphins.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Draft pick LUST at it's worst.  Adams is a stud and makes the entire defense better.  Much better.  The Jets are ranked 7th in YPG allowed and this crowd wants to trade the only all-star they have.  Adams and Maye are covering up for corners who belong in the XFL and are 15th in the league in passing yards allowed per game. Amazing.  The same lusters want us to cut ties with Marcus Maye, Jordan Jenkins and Q.  Just amazing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

four teams currently pay their safeties large contracts-Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, Redskins. 

None of them are paying Franchise QBs. 

It is hard to afford an expensive SS and FQB together.

It's also worth considering that the team that employs the highest paid Strong Safety in the NFL, is about to pick #2 in the draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I saw a mock draft where we got the following:

1st - Trey Adams - LT (6'7" 315 pds)

2nd - Creed Humphrey - C (6'4" 328 pds)

3rd - A.J. Terrell - CB (6"2" 190 pds)

3rd - Colin Johnson - WR (6'6" 220 pds)

All these players are ranked in the top ten at their position for this draft.  You do that on draft day AND get another 1 and three for Adams, which could mean a edge rusher like A.J. Epensesa and a RB like J.K. Dobbins, this team would have the potential to be a WHOLE lot better in one year. 

Drafting well with six picks in the top 100 can really turn a franchise around.  I like Adams, but you have to ask yourself is this team better with Adams and the contract he will demand, or a Edge rusher and another RB on their rookie deals? 

trey adams stayed in school because of the injury and he still might be a 2nd rder because of the injury history 

prediction he is the 4th OT drafted at best (could be like 6th or 7th, depending on combine medicals)