AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

16 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'm comfortable saying that Mahomes is a better player than Darnold will ever be(regardless of situation) and passing over Mahomes to draft Adams will go down as one of the worst decisions the Jets have ever made --- and that's saying something considering how many bad decisions this franchise has made.

9 teams passed on Mahomes. And the Chiefs traded up to get him. To make this a Jets thing is a little ridiculous. I don’t remember Jets fans clamoring for Mahomes. He was not the consensus top QB in the draft that also had Watson and Trubisky 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Yep, just not that interested. Hope KC smokes either 

I can't see either of these teams hanging with KC.  Only chance SF would have is if their pass rush completely takes over.  GB would only have a shot if Rogers goes unconscious and carries them in a shoot out.  I don't think either is likely at all. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

9 teams passed on Mahomes. And the Chiefs traded up to get him. To make this a Jets thing is a little ridiculous. I don’t remember Jets fans clamoring for Mahomes. He was not the consensus top QB in the draft that also had Watson and Trubisky 

On top of it, go back and read the scouting reports on Mahomes.  He wasn't some sure-fire prospect that some revisionists like to make him out to be.  He was incredibly raw.  Mahomes is what happens when you take a gamble on a Josh Allen-like prospect and mold him PERFECTLY.

In hindsight should the Jets have taken him?  Yeah.  Of course.  That being said, there were plenty of people here who were ok on punting on QB entirely in 2017 in favor of the 2018 class.  Without looking at the old threads, I'd venture to guess that most of the board was was fine with that.  The only QB I saw the majority of this board pining for, should we have gone that route, was Watson.  Those people were more pissed that we decided to draft a Safety instead of any other position on draft night than anything else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yep, just not that interested. Hope KC smokes either 

It’s so enjoyable watching playoff games without the Pats and without trying to figure out who would beat the Pats. I’m happy to see SF win. First, seeing Garappolo succeed is going to eat at the Pats. Second, it is always encouraging to see a team make such  a large leap in one season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

On top of it, go back and read the scouting reports on Mahomes.  He wasn't some sure-fire prospect that some revisionists like to make him out to be.  He was incredibly raw.  Mahomes is what happens when you take a gamble on a Josh Allen-like prospect and mold him PERFECTLY.

In hindsight should the Jets have taken him?  Yeah.  Of course.  That being said, there were plenty of people here who were ok on punting on QB entirely in 2017 in favor of the 2018 class.  I'd venture to guess that most of the board was was fine with that.  The only QB I saw the majority of this board pining for, should we have gone that route, was Watson.  Those people were more pissed that we decided to draft a Safety on draft night than anything else.

Agreed.  And, if we are going to play the hindsight game, then the Bears take him instead of Trubisky.  We never would have had a shot at him if he was the sure-fire prospect people make him out to be.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

But, if we are going to play the hindsight game, then the Bears take him instead of Trubisky.  We never would have had a shot at him if he was the sure-fire prospect people make him out to be.

Exactly.  I was gonna add that into my post but didn't want to get into too many hypotheticals and hindsight decisions.  Chicago fans are the ones who should be hurting over Mahomes, not us.

• Sympathy 1