OT: I just tested positive with COVID

40 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I have no prob with my conservative friends. Even though I don't agree with them on anything.  It's a better world with them than without them. But I do have a prob with administration sychophants. Who agree with them on everything. There is no politician I agree with on everything and you shouldn't either. And that's what I'm seeing here even though you will claim it's not political.  Come on man, think for yourself we're not political robots even though we're treated like them.

Please share your work on the buckets that you have placed people on this site. I would like to know exactly who I am dealing with. Glad someone finally did this work.

5 hours ago, nico002 said:

Wow that article says nothing about being asymptomatic. Its just confirmed versus unconfirmed. Tested versus not tested but still ill.  This is an irresponsible leap in logic.  Its also an article that's self-admittedly built on a "Maybe".

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wow that article says nothing about being asymptomatic. Its just confirmed versus unconfirmed. Tested versus not tested but still ill.  This is an irresponsible leap in logic.  Its also an article that's self-admittedly built on a "Maybe".

Google coronavirus asymptomatic... this is not a theory, it’s a basic fact of this virus. 

• Upvote 1

I've seen several places 80% asymptomatic. It's essentially the main reason the virus has spread so quickly so I don't think it's really a controversial thing to say

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Welp.... My girlfriend left work sick today (we work and live together) so I was informed by the bossman I am being quarantined from work (unpaid) for 7 days as is she....

Epicness

Ah sorry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Welp.... My girlfriend left work sick today (we work and live together) so I was informed by the bossman I am being quarantined from work (unpaid) for 7 days as is she....

Epicness

Sorry to hear that.  Hope your girlfriend is ok and you too.  Sucks you won’t get paid 

• Upvote 1

Epicness

So sh*tty! I lost about 10 days of pay prior to being diagnosed meanwhile I requested to work from home (denied) and won’t get paid now even though they have evidence (my positive test) as to why I missed work. Some horrible ******* people in this world

Feel better both you and your girlfriend! Speedy recovery and enjoy the time off (make the best of it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Just now, NYallDay said:

So sh*tty! I lost about 10 days of pay prior to being diagnosed meanwhile I requested to work from home (denied) and won’t get paid now even though they have evidence (my positive test) as to why I missed work. Some horrible ******* people in this world

That sucks.  Last week I had to go in every  day even though everyone else was basically off in New York.  This week I work from home but then might have to go in next week 

10 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Feel better both you and your girlfriend! Speedy recovery and enjoy the time off (make the best of it!)

Thanks man.

I have no symptoms at this point, gonna be a long week.

• Sympathy 1

That sucks.  Last week I had to go in every  day even though everyone else was basically off in New York.  This week I work from home but then might have to go in next week 

That’s horrible and I’m sorry! It took me providing the positive test for them to close the office. I’m a department head and I have yet to hear anything from management in regard to “feel better” ******* jerk offs. Can’t wait to leave

Thanks man.
I have no symptoms at this point, gonna be a long week.

Being home has been awesome, can’t lie. Barely working, getting paid, hanging out with my wife and kid and hoping my fam gets better. Once we are all better, it’ll be great family bonding time. Look for the bright side my man

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

That’s horrible and I’m sorry! It took me providing the positive test for them to close the office. I’m a department head and I have yet to hear anything from management in regard to “feel better” ******* jerk offs. Can’t wait to leave

I’m so sorry.  Hope you feel better soon.  That’s really sh*tty what they did 

Lots of potentially great news..overseas many of the exxagerstors who predicted millions or more death have now admitted they were wrong, not likely  going to hear that from the few sky is falling, buttfumble champs we have here.

On the home front more and more positive results from the cure chlorinate and zinc stuff...dont quote me on the name...i guess it is pretty common thing used letting zinc get in and stop virus replication- science is cool.

Overall panic has subsided some, toilet paper is available again which is  nice. Out in CA a very dumb law was passed basically limiting independent contractors that has really screwed not only people livelihoods but also rural hospitals that depended on them for staffing. I heard in Ny the ventalators that the govoner there decided not to buy in favor of a rationing deathboard type or deal really backfired, I hope they are able to get enough for their patients. I'm sure lots of other stuff happening but I hope we are finally turning a corner. 

I lost it in all the posts, but how is everyone who said they actually got the virus? I hope you can get the cure and you guys haven't had any major setbacks in your health. 

Haven't  really seen much about the stimulus  that trump finally  got passed other than dems held it up and put in bunch of extra spending that has nothing to do with the crisis. Hopefully that will hell all those that have lost jobs and money due to this panic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, CTM said:

I've seen several places 80% asymptomatic. It's essentially the main reason the virus has spread so quickly so I don't think it's really a controversial thing to say

Asymptomatic infections — Asymptomatic infections have also been described [31,47-49], but their frequency is unknown.

In a COVID-19 outbreak on a cruise ship where nearly all passengers and staff were screened for SARS-CoV-2, approximately 17 percent of the population on board tested positive as of February 20; about half of the 619 confirmed COVID-19 cases were asymptomatic at the time of diagnosis [50].

Even patients with asymptomatic infection may have objective clinical abnormalities [21,51]. As an example, in a study of 24 patients with asymptomatic infection who all underwent chest computed tomography (CT), 50 percent had typical ground-glass opacities or patchy shadowing, and another 20 percent had atypical imaging abnormalities [21]. Five patients developed low-grade fever, with or without other typical symptoms, a few days after diagnosis. In another study of 55 patients with asymptomatic infection identified through contact tracing, 67 percent had CT evidence of pneumonia on admission; only two patients developed hypoxia, and all recovered [51].  https://www.uptodate.com/contents/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19?source=history_widget

As far as warm weather slowing the disease here is a map of the spread to date:

World map showing countries with COVID-19 cases

As far as frequency, 

image.thumb.png.efb72ca499eeba074876ab84acbf0e32.png

The map shows Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, and the Philippines have the frequency of infection as Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden etc.  Much of Africa (other than the nations listed) has not been tested and therefore data is not available. But it's clear temperature/climate has had little effect on the spread of the virus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/coronavirus-flu-weather-temperature-intl-hnk/index.html

excellent article on seasonality

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

The map shows Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, and the Philippines have the frequency of infection as Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden etc.  Much of Africa (other than the nations listed) has not been tested and therefore data is not available. But it's clear temperature/climate has had little effect on the spread of the virus.

Ugh dude it's not an on / off thing, its lower spread or attack rate and the actual data disagrees with you

Just now, CTM said:

Ugh dude it's not an on / off thing, its lower spread or attack rate and the actual data disagrees with you

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/coronavirus-flu-weather-temperature-intl-hnk/index.html

read it and get back to me.  apparently you know more than the scientists studying this stuff, because every single one has said we have no idea if seasonality will effect spread.  

On 3/24/2020 at 5:13 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Epicness

That's a bummer....?

Sorry to hear it, stay strong and wishing you the best

• Upvote 1

Schuchat declined to name the cities that are likely to become the epicenters of new and worrying outbreaks, but New Orleans has stood out in recent days for the rapid growth in cases it has seen. Louisiana reported its first case of coronavirus on March 9; it crossed 100 cases a week later. Its case count doubled between Sunday and Wednesday, when the state reported almost 1,800 cases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/exclusive-top-cdc-official-warns-new-yorks-coronavirus-outbreak-is-just-a-preview/ar-BB11KRZA?li=BBnbfcL

doesn't get hotter or more humid than Louisiana 

• Upvote 1

I am retired now but the place I used to work (a large university) was just atrocious with their attitude towards sickness.  Every single year 2/3 of the floor would get the flu all because a few heros would not stay home when sick or would be back too early becaus if you miss 3 straight days due to illness you needed a Dr note.

Add on to that the awful awful awful 'open office ' concept that was the in thing and it was bad every year.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:13 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Epicness

Upaid.  That seriously sucks.  Be well Bum-Knee, and I hope the GF feels better.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lots of potentially great news..overseas many of the exxagerstors who predicted millions or more death have now admitted they were wrong, not likely  going to hear that from the few sky is falling, buttfumble champs we have here.

On the home front more and more positive results from the cure chlorinate and zinc stuff...dont quote me on the name...i guess it is pretty common thing used letting zinc get in and stop virus replication- science is cool.

Overall panic has subsided some, toilet paper is available again which is  nice. Out in CA a very dumb law was passed basically limiting independent contractors that has really screwed not only people livelihoods but also rural hospitals that depended on them for staffing. I heard in Ny the ventalators that the govoner there decided not to buy in favor of a rationing deathboard type or deal really backfired, I hope they are able to get enough for their patients. I'm sure lots of other stuff happening but I hope we are finally turning a corner. 

I lost it in all the posts, but how is everyone who said they actually got the virus? I hope you can get the cure and you guys haven't had any major setbacks in your health. 

Haven't  really seen much about the stimulus  that trump finally  got passed other than dems held it up and put in bunch of extra spending that has nothing to do with the crisis. Hopefully that will hell all those that have lost jobs and money due to this panic.

Your understanding of what is happening versus what is actually going on is very far apart... The reality is that there is still a lot of issues in NYC with overcrowding and we as a country are still very behind in terms of the wave of the outbreak. We are not near the peak and hopefully with all the contributions and regulations put in place will slow down the outbreak enough to keep the hospitals on top of this.

But thinking that this is even close to over is a very uninformed opinion. We are still months away from anything close to business as normal and the middle of the country has only started to get it. 

As for the "cure".... where do you get this idea? There is no 'cure'.  There is a malaria drug that helps some of the more severe patients breathe again... But touting that is a cure is ******* foolish... Not withstanding the long term effects that this will have on your lungs.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Epicness

Stay well and stay positive man!  I know...easier said than done, but there's definitely better days ahead....even if they'll get a little worse before getting better.

• Upvote 2

One thing I am not reading anywhere about this pandemic is the effect of everyone's mental health. I am 58, in good shape, work out regularly, got rid of diabetes years ago through exercise and smart eating, but have to say, the media and the $hitty leadership at the Federal level have taken a toll on my mental well being. I am scrambling to get Xanax to control anxiety and panic attacks, unfortunately to no avail - yet. They have made us all think that the minute we have a sniffle or sneeze, we are doomed to death, or at least, that is they way I feel. Also the ominousness of this whole thing with no end In sight, again, due to poor preparation and poor planning, poor guidance and terrible leadership.

Best wishes to all, stay safe out there, no matter what they say, we will recover eventually.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Your understanding of what is happening versus what is actually going on is very far apart... The reality is that there is still a lot of issues in NYC with overcrowding and we as a country are still very behind in terms of the wave of the outbreak. We are not near the peak and hopefully with all the contributions and regulations put in place will slow down the outbreak enough to keep the hospitals on top of this.

But thinking that this is even close to over is a very uninformed opinion. We are still months away from anything close to business as normal and the middle of the country has only started to get it. 

As for the "cure".... where do you get this idea? There is no 'cure'.  There is a malaria drug that helps some of the more severe patients breathe again... But touting that is a cure is ******* foolish... Not withstanding the long term effects that this will have on your lungs.

Positive news met with outright hostility, Bizarre.

• Upvote 2

Upaid.  That seriously sucks.  Be well Bum-Knee, and I hope the GF feels better.

Thanks man. I have had no symptoms and my GF has no fever or any issues now. Mustve been a 24 hour bug or something. Glad I have 850 DVDs hanging on my wall over the TV. LOL

155 confirmed cases in Maine now.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Positive news met with outright hostility, Bizarre.

Because his non-chalant take that this is all overblown and that everything should return to normal while we are still at the beginning of this is insane... 

There is good news to all this but his cure... Is absolute misinformation... There is no cure for viruses... You can be vaccinated before getting it or get relief to systems but cure is only coming from people with no real understanding of diseases... 

Currently there is no vaccination and the relief only works for some but people are still dying... NYC hospitals are at full capacity... And if this follows at all like other countries we at 3-4 weeks behind them... 

The misinformation is ridiculous right now and him complaining he should be able to go to work is part of the naivity of what is going on... 

Luckily he is privileged enough to not have anyone effected by this yet... Numbers are still going up in this country at an expenential rate.. So closing your eyes to that is a disservice to all the people on the ground that are fighting this daily

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

One thing I am not reading anywhere about this pandemic is the effect of everyone's mental health. I am 58, in good shape, work out regularly, got rid of diabetes years ago through exercise and smart eating, but have to say, the media and the $hitty leadership at the Federal level have taken a toll on my mental well being. I am scrambling to get Xanax to control anxiety and panic attacks, unfortunately to no avail - yet. They have made us all think that the minute we have a sniffle or sneeze, we are doomed to death, or at least, that is they way I feel. Also the ominousness of this whole thing with no end In sight, again, due to poor preparation and poor planning, poor guidance and terrible leadership.

Best wishes to all, stay safe out there, no matter what they say, we will recover eventually.

I could see people living in a big city having issues, too many people, not enough space. Up here, I have space to go outside and do stuff (21 acres of mine)  Hell I could go fishing and not see anybody. It gives me space to get my head back.

• Upvote 1

I work for two separate hospitals (not in new York) where I am we have something around 30 cases in our county and I have seen only a few of them firsthand. There is alot of chaos within the hospitals here right now as they try to figure things out which adds alot of stress so k could only imagine how new York's hospital employees are feeling. One curve ball we have that I don't believe new York has is that they are threatening to cut employee hours to "preserve resources". As far as covid goes I do not feel as though my mental health has changed much from it as I would any other patient who is on droplet precautions. From a mental standpoint I think I worry more about the financial repercussions of this virus, the country has been self quarentining for only about a week now and most major companies are screaming for bailouts and then ontop of that I fear the stimulus package which they want to give every unemployed person in America 600 dollars a week ontop of their unemployment and their trump funds is going to absolutely destroy the economy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/24/2020 at 10:22 PM, NYallDay said:

Being home has been awesome, can’t lie. Barely working, getting paid, hanging out with my wife and kid and hoping my fam gets better. Once we are all better, it’ll be great family bonding time. Look for the bright side my man

I'm going to have more family pictures from these days/weeks than I have from any one year. 

So there are silver linings in these terrible times. Just have to hope the social distancing/quarantine rules have helped. Won't know for a week or so. But the numbers in New York look good (despite the rising death toll which will likely get worse next few days unfortunately).

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Youre not very smart. Try again.

• Thumb Down 1