OT: I just tested positive with COVID

Trying to steer this away from the ugliness politics can bring.

@NYallDay We are all still sending positive vibes.  Hope everyone is doing ok and on the rebound.

I know others in this thread have confirmed cases too(I just think I missed who) so if you are one, the same goes for you.  Positive vibes coming your way.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

that's my understanding of the situation. you did hear that tests kit supplies are low right? You need to be pretty sick to get a test done.

Not sure why there is debate on this.

For s and g I went to the CDC site when you get asked  questions by a robot. I made my situation pretty bad.....fever, nausea, some shortness of breath, abdominal pain...……..the robot told me to stay at home and ride it out unless things take a turn for the worst. Then, go see a doctor.

You cant just be a little sick and get attention and they sure as hell aren't wasting a test on u

For $35 I know a gypsy who can test you for coronavirus 

#freemarket

#innovation

#efficiency

• Haha 2

BREAKING: Gov Cuomo: “We have to plan the pivot back to economic functionality” Says we may not have to isolate everyone. Could allow the healthy, less vulnerable to work. #COVID19 survival rate is 98%. NY Forward plan to look into restarting economic engine.

Cuomo: “At some point you have to open the valve because this is not sustainable.” Says he has no second thoughts about keeping all non-essential workers home despite damage to the economy. Says there will be political consequences but claims he doesn’t care.

Cuomo: "The First order of business is to deal with this health crisis. We are still in the relative calm before the storm. Once we get through health crisis, we will plan for economy."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

BREAKING: Gov Cuomo: “We have to plan the pivot back to economic functionality” Says we may not have to isolate everyone. Could allow the healthy, less vulnerable to work. #COVID19 survival rate is 98%. NY Forward plan to look into restarting economic engine.

Cuomo: “At some point you have to open the valve because this is not sustainable.” Says he has no second thoughts about keeping all non-essential workers home despite damage to the economy. Says there will be political consequences but claims he doesn’t care.

Cuomo: "The First order of business is to deal with this health crisis. We are still in the relative calm before the storm. Once we get through health crisis, we will plan for economy."

I’ll say it right now we will be forced to go back to normal in 1-2 months to avoid a MASSIVE crimewave

most Americans don’t have the savings to survive getting laid off from their job

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’ll say it right now we will be forced to go back to normal in 1-2 months to avoid a MASSIVE crimewave

most Americans don’t have the savings to survive getting laid off from their job

Look into what they want to add to the stimulus bill before they will pass it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Federico's Pizzeria & Restaurant
700 Main St, Belmar, NJ 07719

Takes Out Loan To Pay Employees - 50K Credit Line Pays Workers Amid Coronavirus

Show them some love!

My Favorite place for Pizza, Subs, Soups and their entry's are real good. You could sit outside in the summer and just enjoy Belmar.  These guys are first class people. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Politics. Avoid it. We can talk about this stuff and not bring up politicians that have nothing to do with any of this.

We don't want to lock this.

Is geographical and historical hair-splitting still permitted ?

Asking for a friend ?

Stay safe everyone  wherever you are

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Look into what they want to add to the stimulus bill before they will pass it.

A $500 billion dollar slush fund for Mnuchin, etc. to hand out to whomever Mnuchin, etc. so chooses whom they conveniently don’t have to identify for the convenient time frame of six months which—by the time it’s enacted and disbursed—will conveniently take this reporting deadline beyond November 9th.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A $500 billion dollar slush fund for Mnuchin, etc. to hand out to whomever Mnuchin, etc. so chooses whom they conveniently don’t have to identify for the convenient time frame of six months which—by the time it’s enacted and disbursed—will conveniently take this reporting deadline beyond November 9th.

That's already in there, (Gase's fault) I said what they want to add.

• Thumb Down 1

A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.
200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine 
500mg 1x daily Azithromycin 
220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients 
• Breathing restored 3-4 hours
• Zero deaths
• Zero hospitalizations 
• Zero intubations

Chloroquine is an ingredient is fish tank/pond cleaner, people are buying it like crazy now. A healthy couple in AZ drank it. He died, she got really sick, don't be an idiot.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Oh, like Obamas cronies in alternative energy like Solara that are already bankrupt but living in mansions along the Florida coast? Political pocket filling is on both sides of the aisle my friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I try to look at numbers and see if I can poke holes in some logic. So here goes my attempt:

US Cases - 46,500

Deaths/Critical Condition - 1,300

Source: 

So that would make about 3% of cases deemed "severe"

The issue with that number is that of the 46,500 how many are not in the 60+ group? I'm sure there are cases that have not been reported that skew the number as well but consider this, it's not unreasonable to think half that number is under 60, it's likely far more than that.

That would mean the death/critical condition number is going to be closer to 10% for the target demographic

Every "less vulnerable" person that goes back to work increases the chance this perpetuates further. We are in a sticky situation right now.

• Upvote 3

107 confirmed cases in Maine now.

Bangor, the biggest city near me has shut down pretty much. (International Airport) Won't be long that others will follow suit.

We are deemed "essential workers" where I work because we build electrical control panels for the electrical grid worldwide. So I guess I'm not getting time off any time soon.

Hang in there brothers and sisters.

• Upvote 2

We need to have a greater to degree of shut down to end this quickly. 

The piecemeal approach doesn’t do us much good. 

We can’t shut down for an incredible amount of time. We need either 14-20 days of a nationwide shutdown or we need to let the virus run its course. 

I’m for the former over the latter, but it has to be soon, before it’s too late. This half-assed approach only hurts the economy for longer and forces us into option two.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Here in Tennessee, the count is over 600 now, but just 2 fatalities confirmed. The Nashville area is the hardest hit so far, with over 200 cases. We've got 12 confirmed cases here in Knox County (Knoxville), but no fatalities so far. Half of all counties are reporting at least one confirmed case.

My best to all of you up in the NY area. I have a niece who works in NYC at a hospital. 

My wife and I were planning to visit NYC in mid-May, but I guess that is in serious doubt at this time.

Look it's not going to last forever but you don't draw an arbitrary time line on it either. It depends on spread and areas with few stats can very quickly change in days.  Like in Idaho. https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article241436821.html Yesterday the national death total went up over 25% in one day. If you have no rules just guidelines and decide to open things up you will get people traveling in groups like on public transportation, restaurants open for business, etc. That's when the bell curve on infections goes up and deaths rise. Look if as predicted millions get the virus over time (and more will if rules suspended and business as usual) and only 1% dies that's 10,000 per million. And some states are predicting half their populations will get it which in Cali is 20 million people. This is going to take months not weeks or days. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That's already in there, (Gase's fault) I said what they want to add.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Oh, like Obamas cronies in alternative energy like Solara that are already bankrupt but living in mansions along the Florida coast? Political pocket filling is on both sides of the aisle my friend.

A member of this community started this thread because he tested positive for covid-19.  Somehow all of you think it is acceptable to spin that into political BS.

Knock it off.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Look if you go back to business as usual too soon and offices re-open, restaurants, parks, libraries, public transportation, gyms, etc. you are asking for trouble. Big trouble. People won't be able to keep 6' distancing and it's not possible in a work situation anyways. And there are surfaces, etc. Tucker Carlson says you can't let epidemiologists run the country. Why not. 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:12 PM, NYallDay said:

I’m 33 live with my wife, son of 7 months, mom dad and sister and myself mom and dad all tested positive. Tested on Glenn Island, new Rochelle. Took 2 days for results. I had symptoms last Thursday and Friday but have been fine since Monday.

Freaking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you guys doing? I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

A member of this community started this thread because he tested positive for covid-19.  Somehow all of you think it is acceptable to spin that into political BS.

Knock it off.

My bad. I’m definitely knocking it off. Sorry to @NYallDay and I hope he and his family are well. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you go back to business as usual too soon and offices re-open, restaurants, parks, libraries, public transportation, gyms, etc. you are asking for trouble. Big trouble. People won't be able to keep 6' distancing and it's not possible in a work situation anyways. And there are surfaces, etc. Tucker Carlson says you can't let epidemiologists run the country. Why not. 

Because when the dust settles this will end up having a 0.1% death rate affecting mostly those over 80. 150k people die globally every day, 25k people died of the flu in Italy in 2018, 25k people have died of hunger this year, 2M have died of smoking related illnesses. Death is part of life.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Because when the dust settles this will end up having a 0.1% death rate affecting mostly those over 80. 150k people die globally every day, 25k people died of the flu in Italy in 2018, 25k people have died of hunger this year, 2M have died of smoking related illnesses. Death is part of life.

There is a thread in the Lounge for this topic as well. This might be better suited over there.

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok, but what is your point?  It's ok to endanger people less fortunate?

Yes, death is a part of life but most people would like to limit it.  If staying home for a few days or weeks can save someone's loved ones, why not?

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.
200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine 
500mg 1x daily Azithromycin 
220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients 
• Breathing restored 3-4 hours
• Zero deaths
• Zero hospitalizations 
• Zero intubations

Chloroquine is an ingredient is fish tank/pond cleaner, people are buying it like crazy now. A healthy couple in AZ drank it. He died, she got really sick, don't be an idiot.

The first part you said was on Hannity they are not scientific studies. There are a lot of NY doctors. Sean Hannity is political there is nothing objective about him. They are doing tests now via real scientists not just an individual doctor. In legit labs who know how do conduct a study a legit study. I hope they find it works or other treatments work. The NY Times did an article about it yesterday. And it's not just drugs it's dosages, etc. People who don't know what they are doing and believe irresponsible touting of unproven medicines are facing problems and like yesterday in AZ tragedies. People believe in politicians, newscasters etc and they have exposure to many millions of people. They shouldn't but they do.