Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

2 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Disagree

Robby Anderson has been a pretty durable consistent deep threat over the years. 

Perriman has only had one year of production (a handful of games), and has had problems staying healthy throughout his career. 

The fact that the Ravens dumped this guy (first round pick) after two seasons is all you need to know. 

Consistent?  As much as I liked Robby he was extremely streaky.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What? He was a 1st round draft pick by Baltimore with the intention of featuring him as a #1 receiver but he couldnt cut it. 

Robby wasnt even drafted, made it through cuts, made the 53 and then eventually because the best receiver on the team a year later. 

Robby is an overachiever, Perriman was an underachiever who relied too much on his speed coming out of UCF instead of working on becoming a receiver. 

He missed his entire rookie year with an ACL. His entire stint in Baltimore was riddled with injuries. That’s the biggest reason they moved on.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I like Perriman but he’s so far a one year wonder who was left on an island last seasonbecause defenses were focused on Evans and Godwin

UGH FML

In all fairness, he did put up that production when he was the only WR threat on TB for opposing defenses to key on

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Lith said:
So, I guess JD did have a plan B.  Woudl still like to see a more experienced vet added to the mix.  Not sure if Perriman is a late bloomer who finally figured it out at the end of last season, or an overrated draft bust who had a couple of nice games to close out 2019.

I am hoping for the former.

DT.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

He put up his best numbers when they both went down last 5 games. Boy stepped up

I was gonna address that fact too, but I'm in no mood for the amount of mental gymnastics it's gonna require to explain that mistake of an evaluation.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Based on the career stats, it's a 50% drop off. And it would have been more if not for those final 5 games everyone is talking about. 

This dude's career is basically 5 games. 

Let me take out Robbys 5 best games from last year as the "best WR on the Jets".

He's left with:

11 games 

25 Catches

269 yards

10.76 ypr

2 TD's

What a stud!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Sounds like Robbie.

Very True.  Look I’m not saying Perriman is a great pickup but he is a very similar player.  Robby would have a couple games where he looks exciting then have games where you wonder if he suited up.  He is a streaky player 

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Take into account that perriman was surrounded by Evans and Godwin? I can’t because he rarely got targets until those guys went down. I can’t remember exactly, but Godwin and Evans missed at least the last 2-3 games and one of those guys missed more than that. Perriman got a nice one year deal because of what he showed when he became the number 1 WR on his team. Some guys are late bloomers. Maybe he just had his best 5 game stretch or maybe the guy figured it out. I like the upside of this signing.

You dont have to remember exactly, if you can just look it up. 

And what I also said to take into account is that this is a Bruce Arians system. A system that pushes the football down the field, something that the Jets dont do. Jameis Winston threw for over 5,000 yards. The Jets havent had a 4,000 yard passer since the mid 60's. 

It's about context, not a 5 game stretch in Bruce Arians system. 

You said it yourself, Perriman rarely got targets until "Those guys went down". That's when he got starting targets. Same thing that happened in Cleveland, same thing that happened in baltimore which wasnt Baltimore's intention as they drafted him in the 1st round.

Dude is a back up WR who gets burn when players go down. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Let me take out Robbys 5 best games from last year as the "best WR on the Jets".

He's left with:

11 games 

25 Catches

269 yards

10.76 ypr

2 TD's

What a stud!

Now take out Perrimans' best 5 games.

What you got?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

And what I also said to take into account is that this is a Bruce Arians system. A system that pushes the football down the field, something that the Jets dont do. Jameis Winston threw for over 5,000 yards. The Jets havent had a 4,000 yard passer since the mid 60's. 

You said it yourself, Perriman rarely got targets until "Those guys went down". That's when he got starting targets. Same thing that happened in Cleveland, same thing that happened in baltimore. 

Would Robby have started in TB last year over Evans or Godwin? Exactly

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You said it yourself, Perriman rarely got targets until "Those guys went down". That's when he got starting targets. Same thing that happened in Cleveland, same thing that happened in baltimore which wasnt Baltimore's intention as they drafted him in the 1st round.

So stepping up when things go south is now #Bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I was gonna address that fact too, but I'm in no mood for the amount of mental gymnastics it's gonna require to explain that mistake of an evaluation.

Robby got the reps to put up numbers even while terribly inconsistent and streaky.  Perriman has not been healthy and has not had nearly as many reps.  When healthy and given the opportunity his numbers outpace Robby's.   He was drafted to be a #1.   Will be the #2 here.  If he can stay healthy I think he will out perform Robby. At worst he will put up the same numbers Robby put up here.  But the staying healthy is a big if.  Did I stick the landing ?  Never been a big gymnast

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

My only concern is that Perriman's catch % is actually worse than Robby's.  A lot worse actually.  So is this a guy you can depend on to make the difficult catch?  Can he make the easy catch?  

Thing is perriman isn’t replacing the Robbie Anderson of this year when he was the #1 wr on a team with terrible weapons.  Perriman is going to be the 4th wr on the team, after the jets draft wrs.  Throw in hopefully a healthy herndon to take some catches and another rb.  Perriman just needs to be a decent deep threat, period.  He’s not replacing Anderson.  For all we know the jets could draft lamb or ruggs and then Pittman in the 3rd and then nobody here is crying about losing Anderson and getting Perriman.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1