Michael Pittman JR is legit

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The more I watch him, the more impressed I come away with him. 

Pittman is a physical high pointer and as i’m watching him, I’m seeing a ton of impressive adjustments to passes, his body control is A1 and he tracks the ball super well. Also looks like he could be a tough intermediate route runner. That’s something Sam needs. a solid #2 (hell, he looks like a #1 to me) who can go over the middle for tough grabs and make something happen. Pittman has football player written all over him man! He’s got great hands and I really like these concentrated grabs in traffic. He’s someone Sam could trust to put up the 50/50 ball on 1-on-1 coverage. He’s not a twitchy athlete but he’s got a little get up to him. This is definitely a guy I would love to see in Green/White. I’m watching him now since I have the day off and, again, I’m really impressed. He can develop into a guy who does it all dangerously. I can’t believe how much I like his film after just sinking my teeth in.

let me know what you guys think.

I love this kid too! Especially if we’re waiting until the second round to take a wide receiver. I also would love Van Jefferson in the third round.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Pittman is a physical high pointer and as i’m watching him, I’m seeing a ton of impressive adjustments to passes, his body control is A1 and he tracks the ball super well. Also looks like he could be a tough intermediate route runner. That’s something Sam needs. a solid #2 (hell, he looks like a #1 to me) who can go over the middle for tough grabs and make something happen. Pittman has football player written all over him man! He’s got great hands and I really like these concentrated grabs in traffic. He’s someone Sam could trust to put up the 50/50 ball on 1-on-1 coverage. He’s not a twitchy athlete but he’s got a little get up to him. This is definitely a guy I would love to see in Green/White. I’m watching him now since I have the day off and, again, I’m really impressed. He can develop into a guy who does it all dangerously. I can’t believe how much I like his film after just sinking my teeth in.

This WR class is stacked. 

I wouldnt be surprised if future HOF'ers are found in between the 2nd-4th rounds. There is talent to be had in this draft. Which is why we should be trading down. 

Imagine coming away with drafting Josh Jones in the early 20's while being able to pick up guys like a Pittman. Bro, there are WR's that I like in this draft that I havent even mentioned Killa such as James Proche out of SMU. 

I got a feeling that this draft is going to be legendary when it comes to the receivers in this draft. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wouldnt be surprised if future HOF'ers are found in between the 2nd-4th rounds. There is talent to be had in this draft. Which is why we should be trading down. 

Imagine coming away with drafting Josh Jones in the early 20's while being able to pick up guys like a Pittman. Bro, there are WR's that I like in this draft that I havent even mentioned Killa such as James Proche out of SMU. 

I got a feeling that this draft is going to be legendary when it comes to the receivers in this draft. 

Love Proche!!  I was grabbing him in the 4th and 5th RDs, using the Draft Simulator.  He would be an amazing mid to late RD pick!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let me know what you guys think.

This dude is legit, and he wont make it out of the second round. I 100% believe that. 

... and his girlfriend is smoking hot. 

20200325_091801.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I feel the same way. These WR’s have me giddy! I think this is why, even though I have an infatuation with Jeudy and Lamb, you can’t go wrong with Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman JR and like 3 others. 

A lot of these guys are really starting WR’s from day one. It’s so impressive, man. I want two of them. We need two of them.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetsfansince7 said:

He's a good player - here is a draft file on him:  Draft File - Michael Pittman

Might have a tough time in press coverage but I like him. So is he seen as a slot guy? 

Not a slot guy at all

A true X, outside receiver.

If we go OT in Round 1, then he’s probably my favorite option in Round 2 barring someone like Higgins falling.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Does he last until 3rd round?  I definitely see him as a strong option there.  Maybe the depth of the class pushes him down.  The knock on him seems to be lack of quickness/separation ability.  It sounds like he won't outrun a lot of guys but he should win the close balls.  He could turn out to be a strong 'X' receiver though and lord knows we could use one of those.  

3 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

He's a good player - here is a draft file on him:  Draft File - Michael Pittman

Might have a tough time in press coverage but I like him. So is he seen as a slot guy? 

Imho, he’s so strong and physical, he‘ll be fine on press. He already does a good job of engaging in contact at the beginning of the route and his hands are usually very active. Also, being 6’4 220lbs and so good at high pointing and making sideline catches, everything about him screams X type WR

4 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Didn't Pittman Jr even state that he would want to play with Sam again? Definitely should be a target for Rd2, if he's there Rd3 that'd be a steal.

He did. He was pretty excited about it too. 

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel the same way. These WR’s have me giddy! I think this is why, even though I have an infatuation with Jeudy and Lamb, you can’t go wrong with Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman JR and like 3 others. 

A lot of these guys are really starting WR’s from day one. It’s so impressive, man. I want two of them. We need two of them.

I really hope the Jets can trade down out of 11 and pick up the Vikings 22nd and 25th picks in the draft. If there was EVER a draft that we could trade down in and get solid day 1 starters it's this one. I'd take Josh Jones over Becton. Id' take Cleveland over Becton. I'd also like to have a couple high picks in the top 50 to spend on WR as well. This draft is going to be exciting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I’m really excited about this WR draft class.  It’s also a reason why I’m not pissed about Robby leaving even though I was a fan of his.  Even if we do draft a OL/ OT at 11 I’m pretty sure we are drafting at WR at 48 and either 68 or 79.  I’ve heard many analysts say that there are a ton of WR’s they grade as a 3rd rounder or better in this draft 

The problem with Pittman is separation. NFL press coverage maybe even more of a problem. There's plenty of tall stiff hips, long arm CB to matchup against him. Then he has to result into too many contested catches due to the lack of separation. Good weapon to have in the redzone. Does a good job in finding open windows in zone coverage. 

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The problem with Pittman is separation. NFL press coverage maybe even more of a problem. There's plenty of tall stiff hips, long arm CB to matchup against him. Then he has to result into too many contested catches due to the lack of separation. Good weapon to have in the redzone. Does a good job in finding open windows in zone coverage. 

Yeah but you’re going to run into a few concerns with NFL press man coverage in regards to a few of these other top WR options. I think he’ll be fine, it’s not just about the product a player is now but more of a 50/50 balance with that and what he can be. Hines Ward and Shawn Jefferson sound like the guys for him.

Big fan of Pittman...He's exactly what we need, big possession reciever with great hands and can catch the 50/50 toss ups. I feel like I'm becoming too attached to him becoming a Jet and playing with his old college QB. Its almost too perfect. I really do hope we can scoop him in the 2nd or top of 3rd round.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This kid is the real deal with a great set of hands. The problem is that he won't make it out of the 2nd round.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yup! We better not wind up with the 2020 versions of Ar'Darius Stewart and Chaaad Haaansen.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's gonna be a good one. I don't think he'll slide into round 3, but if he does we gotta take him.

Jeudy / Lamb at 11

Best available OT at 48

Pittman round 3 #1

Trade round 3 #2 for Trent Williams

This is my #1 strategy.

I hadn’t heard about this kid as I don’t follow much college football these days, but as soon as I saw this thread it made me remember the RB from the Bucs. Just so happens, that was his dad. Dude was one of the most jacked RBs I’ve ever seen.

796655A5-9C05-48C4-B321-57F3E765FFC1.jpeg

3859B2F4-A71E-43DD-AB0E-54C5536B4DEF.jpeg

A29066B6-B1B5-45A2-A113-964DCE842D53.jpeg

• Upvote 2