Jump to content

Marcus Maye: Free Safety. 4 Career INTs: Where are all of his game changing plays as a Free Safety?!?


Recommended Posts

We don't know if the trade is fair until jd makes those picks

Jesus christ. Part of me feels like this is ban-worthy to protect the health of the rest of the board. 
 
JD made probably the greatest trade this decade will see, and all OP wants to do is whine about a guy who plays a different position, and is 1/3 of the cost. 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

False.  The picks will be a separate analysis.  The trade was won already because the Jets received valuable draft assets AND aren't on the hook to pay a non-impactful box safety $18M a year.  The Jets could draft three Darron Lee's and still end up easily on the winning end of that deal. 

 

these picks are worth less than usual first round picks 

besides the strong possibility the Seahawks are going to be among the last 4/8 teams standing (like every season) 

this CFB season is already compromised with pandemic, think about all the potential pros that aren't playing outside of Power 5 programs 

think about all the elite talent that opted out of the season and didn't come back when the games in Big10 and Pac12 came back

the Jets (and everyone else) are going to be drafting out of a magazine essentially 

these magazines thought Joe McKnight RIP was a better prospect than Danny Woodhead 

the Seahawks traded counterfeit picks for a 24 year old 2x all pro 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

 

these picks are worth less than usual first round picks 

besides the strong possibility the Seahawks are going to be among the last 4/8 teams standing (like every season) 

this CFB season is already compromised with pandemic, think about all the potential pros that aren't playing outside of Power 5 programs 

think about all the elite talent that opted out of the season and didn't come back when the games in Big10 and Pac12 came back

the Jets (and everyone else) are going to be drafting out of a magazine essentially 

these magazines thought Joe McKnight RIP was a better prospect than Danny Woodhead 

the Seahawks traded counterfeit picks for a 24 year old 2x all pro 

 

Some would argue in exchange that got a counterfeit 24 year old 2x all pro. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Some would argue in exchange that got a counterfeit 24 year old 2x all pro. 

how about this? 

let's see how the season ends up before calling 33 counterfeit

and let's see who these picks are before we call the 33 trade a good deal

Jets fans are doing a victory dance at 0-9 because 6-2 Seattle dropped a game to the Bills? 

football is entertainment I'd rather watch Jamal Adams fight than Business Decision Bradley take dives 

remember when people said McDougald was the same player

whether Adams makes all pro again or not, the Jets as a team lost all fight and balls when Adams was traded 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jamal Adams only fights for Jamal  Adams. 

congrats you've just described every NFL player for the last 10 years 

again let's see where this season ends up before we compare 2020 vs 2019 defensive rankings. The Jets are yet to play Seattle by the way Week 14

that should be embarrassing, and not for Seattle

if this whole thing ends up with Adams toting hardware in Feb he will have added his name to Keyshawn, Farrior, Revis those who shot their way out of town and improved their career because of it 

the Jets did not get better the day they traded Adams and unless JD makes those picks work, the trade will have been a failure

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

congrats you've just described every NFL player for the last 10 years 

again let's see where this season ends up before we compare 2020 vs 2019 defensive rankings. The Jets are yet to play Seattle by the way Week 14

that should be embarrassing, and not for Seattle

if this whole thing ends up with Adams toting hardware in Feb he will have added his name to Keyshawn, Farrior, Revis those who shot their way out of town and improved their career because of it 

the Jets did not get better the day they traded Adams and unless JD makes those picks work, the trade will have been a failure

 

I agree with that. I guess it’s a proportionate thing for the most part. Just seems like Jamals  fight for Jamals brand seems to greatly outweigh his impact on the field statistically. He was so good the Jets never sniffed a winning season with him. Even Jamal knows he doesn’t count towards a team winning, that’s why he wanted to go to a team that’s already winning. Problem is Seattle defense just coast  along due to a prolific offense. Jamal is there for the ride but never thought the defense would be so bad people would start noticing he really doesn’t bring much in the way of impact. Just acts like he does and sold that idea very well. Yes, let’s see what the rest of the season and see how it plays out. Spoiler alert? Defense still sucks and Jamal blames it on lack of dawgs. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He was so good the Jets never sniffed a winning season with him.

Call me an old school fan but that 1 game where the Jets beat the Giants because 33 stole the ball out of Daniel Jones' hands 

that was a good day 

we often let the perfect be the enemy of the good

i'll take those moments even if they aren't perfect as a franchise 

without them, things are even bleaker 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Call me an old school fan but that 1 game where the Jets beat the Giants because 33 stole the ball out of Daniel Jones' hands 

that was a good day 

we often let the perfect be the enemy of the good

i'll take those moments even if they aren't perfect as a franchise 

without them, things are even bleaker 

 

100% agreed. But those fleeting moments don’t justify paying that much for them. Hell a cheap broken  watch is right twice a day, but nobody pays much for a broken watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s why you have to make every meal count my friend.,

that's how i feel about every NFL game 

people train their whole life to play in these events

the average career length is 3 years or less 

the average life expectancy of Americans is declining 

life is too short to tank seasons 

too short for the players and too short for the fans 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hitting the picks is still separate from the trade. Draft picks have value . They are the piece of the trade. The Jets got multiple picks and don’t have to spend $$$ on a box safety. Yes we all hope we spend the savings on players who work out and hit the picks, but the Jets already won the trade 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

that's how i feel about every NFL game 

people train their whole life to play in these events

the average career length is 3 years or less 

the average life expectancy of Americans is declining 

life is too short to tank seasons 

too short for the players and too short for the fans 

Nothing wrong with throwing a season away if it helps you move forward. At least for me. I exercise and eat healthy. All my grandparents lived to be 90+ and my grandma is 95 and still drives herself and plays golf. I can afford to throw a season away for the greater good, good genes ! 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what Jet fans have against Jamal Adams when A.) He made all rookie team. B.) Made multiple pro bowls. C.) Made multiple all pros and became our first 1st-team All Pro player since Revis. D.) Was the only player on our defense who played like he gave a damn. E.) Absolutely hated Adam Gase (just like the rest of us) and F.) Due to his on field greatness as a JET he netted us a Khalil Mack type of haul featuring two 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder (that we're all excited about). 

I hope to God that JD lands us two electric offensive talents with our Jamal picks because then I'll always be thankful to Jamal for his greatness on the playing field as a JET!

I'm already ready for the draft. I'd like to see Seattle completely fall out of the playoff picture (have lost 2 out of 3) and fall within the range of 17-21

because there are 3 players who I would absolutely love with one of our Jamal picks of the 1st round (in order to build around Trevor Lawrence). 

Kyle Pitts TE (although he could seriously become a top 10-15 pick and a pipe dream but he's my favorite TE coming out of college since dating back to Vernon Davis ). 

Ronalde Moore WR (a mixture of Desean Jackson/Santana Moss/Tyreek Hill type of electricity that our offense desperately needs as an impactful HR threat). 

Travis Etienne RB (as an FSU fan and crazed ACC fan he's going to become as explosive as Dalvin Cook. This kid just broke the ACC record for most career rushing yards within Conference History and just passed my FSU's Davin Cook for most offensive yards from scrimmage both rushing/receiving combined within ACC Conference History and if you think Dalvin Cook is explosive and fast just wait until you see Travis Etienne he's 4.38 blazing fast as a dual threat RB; I pray he's still available because he's an awesome playmaker). 

I'd celebrate any one of these three. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

We don't know if the trade is fair until jd makes those picks

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Dude this is like saying you paid me a thousand dollars to take sh*t at your front door. I then use the thousand dollars on penny stocks that go belly up. I still won the trade because you paid 1000 for my sh*t. What I did with the cash is immaterial. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Dude this is like saying you paid me a thousand dollars to take sh*t at your front door. I then use the thousand dollars on penny stocks that go belly up. I still won the trade because you paid 1000 for my sh*t. What I did with the cash is immaterial. 

But little did you know, you actually gave him his new favorite potpourri.

Don't you feel foolish now?

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheMo said:

Dude this is like saying you paid me a thousand dollars to take sh*t at your front door. I then use the thousand dollars on penny stocks that go belly up. I still won the trade because you paid 1000 for my sh*t. What I did with the cash is immaterial. 

picks are not cash

and Adams is not sh*t 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

picks are not cash

and Adams is not sh*t 

 

Picks are the same as cash. They can be used to make good or bad choices. Much like you can earn a lot of cash in a good deal and then blow it on a bad investment. 
 

Adams is kinda sh*t right now. The Seattle defense is garbage with him and without him. His presence isn’t making that team better currently. In fact there is evidence on film showing that he is being torched on the field. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, PCP63 said:

Jesus christ. Part of me feels like this is ban-worthy to protect the health of the rest of the board. 

 

JD made probably the greatest trade this decade will see, and all OP wants to do is whine about a guy who plays a different position, and is 1/3 of the cost. 

 

We, the moderator team, discussed it. We will allow it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

Picks are the same as cash. They can be used to make good or bad choices. Much like you can earn a lot of cash in a good deal and then blow it on a bad investment. 
 

Adams is kinda sh*t right now. The Seattle defense is garbage with him and without him. His presence isn’t making that team better currently. In fact there is evidence on film showing that he is being torched on the field. 

Um. It's been a whopping "4 games" during a pandemic season in which Jamal Adams has been banged up. 

Don't you dare try and ignore Jamal's All-Rookie team selection as a Jet, multiple Pro Bowl selections as a Jet along with multiple All-Pro selections as a Jet while becoming our first 1st-team All-Pro selection since dating back to Revis all because of a whopping "4 games". 

So let me get this right. 

Sam gets 3 years to turn things around and JD gets 6 years to turn things around but Jamal Adams and Seattle gets a whopping "4 games" not even 5 games together? 

Hypothetical, much?

What a freaking joke. 

PS: Seattle didn't get Jamal for the "regular season" they got him for the playoffs; let's just see how Jamal Adams plays on fire come the playoffs of postseason play before writing him off and judging him after a whopping "4 games". 

Just look at the Jets defense of last year (7th) compared to our Jets defense of 2020 (27th) before judging Jamal's impact due to a whopping "4 games".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

4 interceptions you say?

And to think we could have drafted Dalvin Cook.

 

I was screaming @ my TV to draft Dalvin Cook as an FSU fan. When we drafted that Florida Gators Safety I became heartbroken because I knew he wasn't an impact talent. 

Yes yea we passed on Mahomes for Jamal but I can't find one mock draft who had Mahomes going over Adams for any team but Davin Cook lol he was once (before Travis of Clemson) the ACC's All-time leader in offensive yards from scrimmage both rushing/receiving combined and to see him go two picks later, to Minnesota, was heartbreaking for me as an FSU fan. 

Instead we got stuck with Marcus Maye lol a FS with ZERO Ball Hawking ability and makes zero impact on the game whatsoever. 

I'm absolutely in love with Najee Harris of Alabama and would love him to fall to the first pick of the 2nd round but I'm really praying that Seattle drops into the 17-21 range in order to draft Travis Etienne of Clemson; who just broke Cook's All-Time ACC record for most offensive yards from scrimmage within my ACC conference with our Jamal Adams pick. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

False.  The picks will be a separate analysis.  The trade was won already because the Jets received valuable draft assets AND aren't on the hook to pay a non-impactful box safety $18M a year.  The Jets could draft three Darron Lee's and still end up easily on the winning end of that deal. 

Effectively who cares.  If jd won the trade and pacaganans the draft he gets fired 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even Marcus Maye is overrated here.  Eddie Jackson, Marcus Williams, Budda Baker (240 solo tackles, 18 TFLs + All-Pro for Special Teams)  and Desmond King are all Safeties from that 2017 draft class that have had better careers thus far, and all but Baker were available to us at 2.39.  
It's just that he was a 2nd round pick and isn't demanding an $18-20M per year extension.  So his version of being overrated is much more palatable.  
Had we taken Deshaun Watson in round 1 and Marcus Maye in round 2, we'd be more than happy with the results to date.  Then again, Macc would still be our GM, so.....
Deshaun

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Um. It's been a whopping "4 games" during a pandemic season in which Jamal Adams has been banged up. 

Don't you dare try and ignore Jamal's All-Rookie team selection as a Jet, multiple Pro Bowl selections as a Jet along with multiple All-Pro selections as a Jet while becoming our first 1st-team All-Pro selection since dating back to Revis all because of a whopping "4 games". 

So let me get this right. 

Sam gets 3 years to turn things around and JD gets 6 years to turn things around but Jamal Adams and Seattle gets a whopping "4 games" not even 5 games together? 

Hypothetical, much?

What a freaking joke. 

PS: Seattle didn't get Jamal for the "regular season" they got him for the playoffs; let's just see how Jamal Adams plays on fire come the playoffs of postseason play before writing him off and judging him after a whopping "4 games". 

Just look at the Jets defense of last year (7th) compared to our Jets defense of 2020 (27th) before judging Jamal's impact due to a whopping "4 games".

 

No one is running from the corner store screaming about how darnold is the evaaaaa and no one can replace him. Jamal Adams is overrated and thus far you have no evidence FROM THE SEAHAWKS to disprove that. It might change, but I doubt it. Unlike you I’ll be open to being wrong because I don’t let my emotions about a player cloud my judgement. Case and point darnold who I really was thinking might turn the corner. More than happy to concede that @bitonti was totally right there. As for Jamal Adams. The guy is likely a limited player no matter how much you thump your chest about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 8:44 AM, bitonti said:

how about this? 

let's see how the season ends up before calling 33 counterfeit

and let's see who these picks are before we call the 33 trade a good deal

 

With this line of thinking we need to wait until the end of Jamal's career and the end of the careers of the players taken with the draft picks acquired in his trade.  So, see you guys back here in this thread in 2034, mmkay?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll let Jamals attitude, demeanor, and team contributions speak for him and let his career pan out. I don't think it pans out as favorably for him as some think.

Selfishness is expected from pro athletes being a complete ******* isn't. Isn't he already arguing with Pete Carroll and $***.

It's conversation that will never die here at JN. Yeah Jamal is "great" but he's also an unlikeable turd to many fans. 

I hope he holds the Seahawks hostage on this next contract as that will be very enjoyable to watch from afar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, bitonti said:

We don't know if the trade is fair until jd makes those picks

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

The trade is more than fair.  Whether we hit on the picks or not isnt the point and doesnt change the value of the trade.

Its like selling a $5,000 car for $10,000.  Its a great deal, doesn't become a bad deal if you waste the money 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The trade is more than fair.  Whether we hit on the picks or not isnt the point and doesnt change the value of the trade.

Its like selling a $5,000 car for $10,000.  Its a great deal, doesn't become a bad deal if you waste the money 

To belabor your metaphor it's like thinking 10k is a good deal but ignoring the 100% inflation

i.e. these picks are worth less than usual because of the compromised season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...