Fauci:No fans to have sports

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Man ..... The people on here in these "covid threads", who are speaking in near absolutes and being vaguely political are really showing their hubris. Some of you I like as posters. I can't say I'm not disappointed, I also can't say I'm surprised.

None of you, myself included, knows specifically what the future holds.

Anyone who is entrenched on either side is a sheep, a sheep who will help usher in horrors they never intended.

Look at history, humanity continually and cyclically boils over into a horror upon itself. Following the horror you see a time of peace, a Pax Romana occurs. Eventually we divide again and relive the horrors we refuse to learn from. Looks like the peace is over and everything is at a boil again. 

Yes when you look at the rise of Timur, it really all began with the Mamluks sitting around in their pajamas, vigorously masturbating to Netflix. Thank god they had woke people such as yourself to reign in the madness during those times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They also won’t get paid. So that cuts both ways.

Yeah I wonder what the NFL and MLB CBA’s say about this 

I’m sure there’s a force majeure clause that lets the franchises no pay the players in case of such an emergency 

Playing in an empty stadium would be a huge lift for this entire Jets team. Instead of hearing drunken idiots screaming at the top of their lungs that they're all bums & busts, they'll be able to encourage each other, hear Gase explain a play instead of hearing, HEY GOOGLY EYES, I HOPE YOU GET FIRED TOMORROW, or Sam Darnold hearing, ARE THOSE GHOSTS YOU SEE?, or Bell hearing, YOU OVERPAID WANNA BE RAPPER, and how happy would Jamal Adams be without TOmShane screaming PLEASE COWBOYS Trade for Jamal. 10-6. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m sure there’s a force majeure clause that lets the franchises no pay the players in case of such an emergency 

The media pivot here if this is the case will be fun to watch at least.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Without a vaccine or a treatment the players will have something to say about this 

its not happening 

We are at least 1 year away from a vaccine.  Testing is only at phase 1 which is determining if the vaccine is toxic.  Human testing begins in September and takes 6 months to a year

after that the roll out of the vaccine will be slow.  The vaccine will need to be mass produced, distributed and hundreds of millions of Americans will need to be vaccinated.  

Enjoy!

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It really would be some sh*t. I’m still in a state of shock that they canceled March Madness and gave up all that coin.

Personally, Im glad there is no ongoing drone of college basketball coverage every 10 minutes.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

MLB = Franchises no, commissioner yes. Manfred has the power to suspend contracts if government forces cancellation of games.

NFL = no such language.

• Upvote 2

If people are allowed to leave their homes to go to work, etc., they can go to a stadium with many fewer people.   Someone who had 8 home tickets now has 2.  Could they get sick?  Maybe.  But you won't be able to prove they got sick at the stadium.   Probably not a good idea for men over 50.  

Players can be given a choice.  Just like soldiers were put on a ship for 6 months and sent to war, for 3+ months they can move to the team complex, stay in a closed system, and play football.  That will include all the staff.  Lots of testing.  Keep a larger roster.   

Yes, it will be tougher on player love and family lives.  But they will get paid, and they will entertain the country.  

My guess is that this is what the Premier League will do.  They make too much money.

It is a national service really.  The fans love their teams.  This seems like too easy a workaround.  

This Pandemic has been exposing many interesting things about our World.  One thing may be the life of pro basketball players.  I think these guys really got around and were super germ spreaders and receivers.   Let's see if we can lock them down.  

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes when you look at the rise of Timur, it really all began with the Mamluks sitting around in their pajamas, vigorously masturbating to Netflix. Thank god they had woke people such as yourself to reign in the madness during those times. 

I just got an unsightly view into your quarantine regimen. That would qualify as horror in my book. I'm glad I was here and "woke" enough to remind you to pull up your pants.?

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s almost official deblasio and the la mayor essentially said no sporting  events till 2021

So then do the mlb plan and play all games in Arizona and Florida

Manfred is literally the only functional league commisioner

2 hours ago, Lil O said:

Just watching the news and the mayor of Los Angeles Garcetti met with top officials in the fire department including the fire chief and told them that concerts and sporting events might be canceled for one year, until the year 2021. There’s a lot of news and information all over the place but it doesn’t look good. I do agree that you can’t underestimate the power of32 billionaires, but mother nature is undefeated… We all going to die one day

You aren't going to get many mayors in big cities, that are COVID hotspots, talking about hosting concerts and sporting events. Especially the more liberal ones. First off, there is no reason to talk about it now. Second, it's not politically correct to talk about baseball games when everyone else can't go back to work. 

If the spread is contained in the summer and there are sporting events happening all across the America and the world (without fans) with few issues you can be sure these governors and mayors will be singing a different tune. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s almost official deblasio and the la mayor essentially said no sporting  events till 2021

Pretty sure deblasio isn't the one making that call especially for NFL games since there are no teams in NYC. 

Either way, Teams will just find alternate locations for their games. Its unlikely fans will be allowed in anyway so it doesn't matter. 

The governor of Florida is ready to host WWE and UFC events. Pretty sure he'll let the Jets play 8 homes games if new York decides to forbid it.... Which they won't if the leagues determine it's ok to play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

As an Oregonian, this is precious.

oregon is nice.

less educated folks up there.

went to portland a few times. was shocked at the amount of white trash and lower socioeconomic types there.  just being real.  nice place, nothing special.  

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Pretty sure deblasio isn't the one making that call especially for NFL games since there are no teams in NYC. 

Either way, Teams will just find alternate locations for their games. Its unlikely fans will be allowed in anyway so it doesn't matter. 

The governor of Florida is ready to host WWE and UFC events. Pretty sure he'll let the Jets play 8 homes games if new York decides to forbid it.... Which they won't if the leagues determine it's ok to play. 

people in florida...hahaha...let them do what they need to do down there.  Our country will be no worse for the wear if, ya know, "things" happen down there...WWE ha.  What kind of country are we living in where that's even relevant? Garbage human beings.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

So then do the mlb plan and play all games in Arizona and Florida

Manfred is literally the only functional league commisioner

Those might not be the only two locations for the NFL, but something like that will likely be in the works shortly

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Those might not be the only two locations for the NFL, but something like that will likely be in the works shortly

They wont roll that out until its the only option, but neutral sites with less fans or no crowds sounds like a legitimate alternative. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yea Murphy does. Big difference? Exactly 

there is a reason I never live in Florida. Not exactly known for harboring the smartest people in the world. I do like the beach tho, everything else in that state not so much 

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Never underestimate the power of billionaires losing money. They will have a season. It could literally kill people, but they will have a season.

Ticket sales are important but the TV revenue is key.  They'll do anything they can to play and televise a full season, even if it means no fans in the seats.

49 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You aren't going to get many mayors in big cities, that are COVID hotspots, talking about hosting concerts and sporting events. Especially the more liberal ones. First off, there is no reason to talk about it now. Second, it's not politically correct to talk about baseball games when everyone else can't go back to work. 

If the spread is contained in the summer and there are sporting events happening all across the America and the world (without fans) with few issues you can be sure these governors and mayors will be singing a different tune. 

I really Would like to think that LIBERALS and conservatives and moderates All care about All Americans and all care about people dying, and will do the humane thing after reviewing ALL of the facts.  Really sucks that this is happening during an election year.  Politics has no place in dealing with a pandemic.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Audio and video of him saying it...

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/featured/common-sense-central/content/2020-04-13-dr-fauci-downplayed-the-coronavirus-threat-to-america-for-months/

Please tell me how the evil wizards over at Newsmax pulled this off...

1246131288664408064?s=19

You have made your point.  Let it go, this is about the future, not the past.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

sounds about right.  The people in Arkansas have Jesus and Trump to protect them from science and medicine...good luck! go get em!

I am going to start banning people from the thread for posts like this. No politics.

• Upvote 3