Fauci:No fans to have sports

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yup, season tickets are real money.  And after all these decades of dedication it would be just our luck to have a Super Bowl season in which we couldn’t attend any games and our players were quarantined after the final whistle. 

On a positive note, a 2020 season cancellation would guarantee that Tom Brady’s last NFL pass was a pick-six and that he knew he wasn’t wanted by the Patriots.  

SAR I

And we do not make noise because fans like you ridicule anyone that stands and makes noise on defense. 

29 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

There will be an NFL season, even if they have to move all the games to the Dakotas. Too much TV money

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The tv networks which are paying billions for broadcast rights will scream bloody murder if the season is cancelled 

Francesa on his radio show said he expects the nfl season to be played

6 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Risk of death???

There's very little to no risk of death with covid 19. It's older people and the immunocompromised that are at risk. 

Tell that to the two dear friends of mine, both under 50 and previously 100% healthy, that are six feet under now.  

Young, healthy people are dying every day, and I don't give a sh!t what the percentages are.  Death is death is death, and I personally think even if the risk is miniscule, it's insanity to be willing to risk dying for any amount of money, unless you literally have to work to survive, like many low income families have to do.  I don't think NFL players qualify.

Wealthy NFL players can hunker down in their beautiful homes and be just fine and ride this out.  I'll repeat what I said before - half of the league was whining about playing an extra game.  Good luck getting them all on board to play now, unless the health risk dramatically changes prior to the beginning of the 2020 season.  And by the way, some of us are being so dismissive of the health risks, so please explain to me why the NBA, NHL, and MLB are not open for business right now? 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s almost official deblasio and the la mayor essentially said no sporting  events till 2021

No one has said this 

And I'd say if the NFL is prevented from playing games in September, football will probably be the last thing we should be worrying about 

41 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

And by the way, some of us are being so dismissive of the health risks, so please explain to me why the NBA, NHL, and MLB are not open for business right now? 

First off, I'm sorry about your friends.  My best friend died days after we graduated high school. I know how hard that can be.

The reason everything has halted right now is to buy time.  To buy time for the healthcare system.  To buy time for testing.  To buy time for therapies.  To buy time for a vaccine.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that everything about this situation as of today is the exact same way it will be in October.  No one is implying MLB or NBA tomorrow.  This entire discussion, whether on this board or in the real world is based on assumptions that in the future treatments will have improved, medicines have been identified and testing has increased to allow for quicker diagnosis of people with this virus.  If none of those things happen, well then we are in a lot of trouble.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

LOLOL I show up! I’ve been attending 5-7 games every year for the past 15 years and not once did I ever entertain the thought of becoming a season ticket holder. 

That's good.  Good job.  One does not need to be a season ticket holder.  One just needs to show up and make the noise they complain about from home.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

And we do not make noise because fans like you ridicule anyone that stands and makes noise on defense. 

I sit in the first row.  What the people behind me do makes no difference to me.  One doesn't need to stand to make noise.  Scream and yell while seated.  Just as effective.  Doesn't annoy those behind you.

SAR I

The physical aspects of our lives are in jeopardy. the virtual world is Trying to take over. Physical contact with friends is being replaced with video chat. Physical sports will be replaced with video games. 

2020 athlete of the year will be some fat nerdy video gamer. Combines will be measured based on how fast you can twiddle your thumbs and how long you can sit and stare at the screen. Major League Gaming will be the most watched sport for now on. Madden will be the closest we get to football. 

Just plug us in to the Matrix already. 

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

First off, I'm sorry about your friends.  My best friend died days after we graduated high school. I know how hard that can be.

The reason everything has halted right now is to buy time.  To buy time for the healthcare system.  To buy time for testing.  To buy time for therapies.  To buy time for a vaccine.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that everything about this situation as of today is the exact same way it will be in October.  No one is implying MLB or NBA tomorrow.  This entire discussion, whether on this board or in the real world is based on assumptions that in the future treatments will have improved, medicines have been identified and testing has increased to allow for quicker diagnosis of people with this virus.  If none of those things happen, well then we are in a lot of trouble.

Thanks.

I'm not making any assumptions.  I thought I was fairly clear when I said  "Good luck getting them all on board to play now, unless the health risk dramatically changes prior to the beginning of the 2020 season." One would like to think that science and technology will pave the way to live with this virus in a manageable way until there is a vaccine, but as of right now, the unknown makes it virtually impossible to get 1000+ players in any sport to agree to anything, and as long the spectre of death, no matter how miniscule, is still in the equation, I'm not convinced that any sport will be back any time soon.

Believe me, I hope science moves quickly and the political wrangling stops and I am wrong. 

6 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

The physical aspects of our lives are in jeopardy. the virtual world is Trying to take over. Physical contact with friends is being replaced with video chat. Physical sports will be replaced with video games. 

2020 athlete of the year will be some fat nerdy video gamer. Combines will be measured based on how fast you can twiddle your thumbs and how long you can sit and stare at the screen. Major League Gaming will be the most watched sport for now on. Madden will be the closest we get to football. 

not false

Just now, talonmm said:

The more I think about this, for those of us that tailgate and go to the games, this is probably for the best.  Think of all the food we eat with our bare hands, touching our seats, the railings, the bathrooms, the outhouses in the parking lots, and who knows what else.  With 50,000 - 70,000 people doing the same, it's a breeding ground for covid-19.

A vaccine and possibly medicine to cure this thing can't happen soon enough!

it's a covid convention.

stay home.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I think the exact opposite. I still watch UFC and still somewhat of a pro wrestling fan when there is nothing else on. 

having it empty venues just didn’t feel the same, even watching it on TV. 

fans and sports to me are something that feed off each other. Not having one will have a direct impact on the other in my opinion. 

Wrestling  is sort of funny that they get a few guys to sit in the stands and act like fans

20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hey even if they play in empty stadiums that’d still be pretty cool

I think the bigger issue is trying to figure out when we can have large gatherings again. Just to have a game you are talking 200 people, give or take, with players for both teams, coaches, and medical staff. I just want to watch football haha if they can make it happen with empty stadiums then I'm 100% for it!

38 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The whole scripted outcome thing always gets me. I love the showmanship but its really like watching a crazy athletic soap opera.

I enjoy it because even though it's  a script, these men and women are amazing athletes and some of the things they do are as entertaining as watching OBJ making one if his circus catches. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The tv networks which are paying billions for broadcast rights will scream bloody murder if the season is cancelled 

Francesa on his radio show said he expects the nfl season to be played

We can look forward to some good movies on Sunday afternoons.

Heidi | Disney Movies

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

The whole scripted outcome thing always gets me. I love the showmanship but its really like watching a crazy athletic soap opera.

That is exactly what it is.  

But why is that not entertaining?   Some of those guys are crazy athletic, and they take a huge physical pounding, often doing 200 shows a year.

3 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Wait, you didn't plug yourself in already? YOU AREN"T STILL OUT THERE ARE YOU?

THERE WAS A MEMO.

Get back in your pod now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Either you're a season ticket holder or you're a 30+ year old living with your parents.  There is no in-between in SAR's world.

Well what if you're a 30+ year old living with your parents but you drive a BMW?  Confusing, right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

That is exactly what it is.  

But why is that not entertaining?   Some of those guys are crazy athletic, and they take a huge physical pounding, often doing 200 shows a year.

Oo I never said it wasn't entertaining. Those guys are insanely athletic. When I thought it was real as a kid it was amazing, now I just appreciate the athleticism. I also have fun dressing up and doing ridiculous stuff when I can so I enjoy the entertainment haha.

I just prefer games of chance over anything scripted

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo I never said it wasn't entertaining. Those guys are insanely athletic. When I thought it was real as a kid it was amazing, now I just appreciate the athleticism. I also have fun dressing up and doing ridiculous stuff when I can so I enjoy the entertainment haha.

I just prefer games of chance over anything scripted

It's a show vs. a sport.

I totally get what you mean, they are two different things.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Fauci can kiss my ass. After making statements like the above he also was one of two experts, the other being Brix, that predicted 2.2 million deaths.

The season should go on and each fan should be able to make the personal decision whether to attend, watch on TV or sit in their homes and watch reruns of F Troop. 

This would be all well and good but no. Fans being in groups can infect a large quantity of people just from one event. Talk to a healthcare worker in NY or NJ right now. The system is not at a sustainable pace. So no, it isn't up to fans to decide unfortunately.

• Upvote 3