Fauci:No fans to have sports

20 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Fauci can kiss my ass. After making statements like the above he also was one of two experts, the other being Brix, that predicted 2.2 million deaths.

The season should go on and each fan should be able to make the personal decision whether to attend, watch on TV or sit in their homes and watch reruns of F Troop. 

Yeah this is sthe same Dr. who said this.

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21.

Yeah we should put total trust in this guy.  lol

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This would be all well and good but no. Fans being in groups can infect a large quantity of people just from one event. Talk to a healthcare worker in NY or NJ right now. The system is not at a sustainable pace. So no, it isn't up to fans to decide unfortunately.

I said I wouldn't participate in any further pandemic discussion but this is my *final* post.

I believe in personal liberty, freedom of choice and personal responsibility. If you have a concern about being in a large group of people - then stay inside your home. It's your choice and not some un-elected 'experts' who's being used to further an agenda.

I hope the real experts are able to quickly produce an effective vaccine so I can get the heck out of my house. 

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21.

All doctors/scientists can do is make predictions/statements based on the information given to them. Fauci knows what he is talking about but he is limited, like all humans except you apparently, by the information he was given. China made it pretty hard for anyone outside of China to accurately process the information. 

Even computers are limited by the people that program them. 

As information came in the doctor/scientists adjusted their opinions/projections. 

Either way, no one has put total trust in Fauci. He is just one of many doctors/scientists working on this pandemic. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Eh, in January there was clearly PR coaching and directives around not causing panic. He is part of a team. When it became irresponsible to continue that messaging, he corrected. I think people try wayyyuuu to hard to deflect to Fauci. He’s honestly the least of our troubles, and it’s no surprise the surge of Fauci criticism emerged from the anti-vaccine contingency.

If it walks like an ape, and talks like an ape, stop trying so hard to blame the zookeeper for all the poop being thrown.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Von Miller has COVID now. You get a few more of these guys showing up and it’s gonna get mad awk

The more athletes that get it and recover with zero complications the better. All of the NBA players that tested positive seemed to have very minor symptoms. If the players get word that the symptoms for fellow athletes are minimal they are more likely to OK the start of a season. That's whether or not that small sample size SHOULD give them optimism for their own health. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I said I wouldn't participate in any further pandemic discussion but this is my *final* post.

I believe in personal liberty, freedom of choice and personal responsibility. If you have a concern about being in a large group of people - then stay inside your home. It's your choice and not some un-elected 'experts' who's being used to further an agenda.

I hope the real experts are able to quickly produce an effective vaccine so I can get the heck out of my house. 

Most vaccines take 10 years and they have been looking for a vaccine for HIV for decades 

saw a guy working on a vaccine trial last night say that if everything goes exactly right with no setbacks at all it’s a year and a half away for a vaccine. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The more athletes that get it and recover with zero complications the better. All of the NBA players that tested positive seemed to have very minor symptoms. If the players get word that the symptoms for fellow athletes are minimal they are more likely to OK the start of a season. That's whether or not that small sample size SHOULD give them optimism for their own health. 

I meant it in terms of the timing. It’s going to be crucial to the sales pitch the idea that we’re on an extreme downward trend. If players, as they start to give up on social distancing, are coming down with this in May and June, there’s going to be massive pressure to move training camps back, and the season

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

So you are banned from this thread. You have a comment to make about everything, blasting people of all color.

Consider the thread ban a professional courtesy. The stuff you typed in this thread alone could have resulted in a bigger ban than that.

jetsjest.jpg.841a760ff920f901958d82f47d8bc037.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I enjoy it because even though it's  a script, these men and women are amazing athletes and some of the things they do are as entertaining as watching OBJ making one if his circus catches. 

Are we talking about wrestling? The two days of Wrestlemania provided some much needed respite from COVID-19. It's like watching a play with greater ramifications if someone botches a scripted move. 

23 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are we talking about wrestling? The two days of Wrestlemania provided some much needed respite from COVID-19. It's like watching a play with greater ramifications if someone botches a scripted move. 

Yep, I started following it when Randy Macho Man Savage was a big deal. I couldn't  believe how much air he got on that elbow slam. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

If there are no new cases in June/July then I dont see why they cant cancel preseason august games and then you wouldnt be in stadiums until mid Sept. You would have August to study as well......

No new cases in a couple of months? It's @ 2Million cases and it's just STARTED to spread around the entire world. 

We won't even be able to eliminate cases in just NY alone let alone all of us other states like here in Florida. 

This may become like Aids. Diabetes. Chicken Pox. The regular flu and be here forever with Americans with masks on outside forever. There may never be sports played here again because athlete's will not risk their lives. KD already had it and another one just today. 

Who's to say it'll ever leave let alone only 2-4 months away? Gotta hope for best but expect the worst. 

2 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Eh, in January there was clearly PR coaching and directives around not causing panic. He is part of a team. When it became irresponsible to continue that messaging, he corrected. I think people try wayyyuuu to hard to deflect to Fauci. He’s honestly the least of our troubles, and it’s no surprise the surge of Fauci criticism emerged from the anti-vaccine contingency.

If it walks like an ape, and talks like an ape, stop trying so hard to blame the zookeeper for all the poop being thrown.

Denzel Washington Pointing GIF

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Tell that to the two dear friends of mine, both under 50 and previously 100% healthy, that are six feet under now.  

Young, healthy people are dying every day, and I don't give a sh!t what the percentages are.  Death is death is death, and I personally think even if the risk is miniscule, it's insanity to be willing to risk dying for any amount of money, unless you literally have to work to survive, like many low income families have to do.  I don't think NFL players qualify.

Wealthy NFL players can hunker down in their beautiful homes and be just fine and ride this out.  I'll repeat what I said before - half of the league was whining about playing an extra game.  Good luck getting them all on board to play now, unless the health risk dramatically changes prior to the beginning of the 2020 season.  And by the way, some of us are being so dismissive of the health risks, so please explain to me why the NBA, NHL, and MLB are not open for business right now? 

My condolences on the loss of your friends. But they're the exception, not the rule.

And the truth of the matter is that this country is taking drastic measures for a disease that is only fatal for a small demographic.

Eventually, personal responsibility and common sense need to take over, and the quarantine measures need to be taken by those that are of high risk.

The status quo is not sustainable. Time to restart the economy with common sense precautions.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I sit in the first row.  What the people behind me do makes no difference to me.  One doesn't need to stand to make noise.  Scream and yell while seated.  Just as effective.  Doesn't annoy those behind you.

SAR I

You can’t make as much noise sitting and standing it restricts the diaphragm. And a professional speaker singer or actor could tell you that. Plus I would just like to ask the players would they prefer it if all the fans sat in the seats the entire game order they like it when people stand up and shout and scream. I’m pretty sure they enjoy the noise. I remember when Rex Ryan gave us all a game ball because of all the noise we made. That Stadium was rocking and not because people were sitting. But like you said you’re in the first row no worries. I usually tell the person behind me I’m going to stand every third down, and when I can’t see.  I ageee it is annoying if someone stands screaming every second.  But they play the siren, and put the De Fence image on the corner screens for a reason.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Exactly.  I barely listen to this buffoon.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RSJ said:

Its a big risk for the players too. If they suffer the symptoms they can come out the other side with permanent lung damage. Not many speedy WRs want 40% less lung capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Great point.  The more we think this through, the less likely and wise it would be to start football on time.  I'd love to see all sports return as soon as possible, but the risks to players, staff, other workers (like in stadium maintenance and the hotels where players will stay), and the general population is too great. 

10 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

My condolences on the loss of your friends. But they're the exception, not the rule.

And the truth of the matter is that this country is taking drastic measures for a disease that is only fatal for a small demographic.

Eventually, personal responsibility and common sense need to take over, and the quarantine measures need to be taken by those that are of high risk.

The status quo is not sustainable. Time to restart the economy with common sense precautions.

Appreciate that.  Thanks. 

The truth of the matter is that unless everyone takes personal responsibility and utilizes common sense, any reasonable steps forward with science as a guide will be somewhat sabotaged as there are too many ignorant, unaware, uncaring people out there that will perpetuate community fear and caution, and force certain hotspot and population dense cities and states to continue with their more rigid guidelines indefinitely. Having some terrible city and state leaders nationwide only exacerbate the situation.  Only a vaccine will fix this, and that is why I see a difficult path going forward for not only businesses, but for all of the major sports leagues as well.  Perhaps with some creative thinking and planning, sports can happen, but almost certainly without fans in the stands, at least not in the near term.   

As much as I would like to think that everyone is capable of rising to the occasion and can show courage, strength, intelligence, and the ability to elevate themselves, their family, and their community for the common good, there are just too many people that aren't capable of doing so.  A cynical world view? Perhaps, but much like being a Jets fan, one becomes jaded over time.  

But then again, what the hell do I know?  

As long as JD doesn't mess up the Jets 1st round pick, and I have an ample amount of vodka inventory during this quarantine, I'll be fine.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lil O said:

You can’t make as much noise sitting and standing it restricts the diaphragm. And a professional speaker singer or actor could tell you that.

The vast majority of NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA fans don't get up and down and up and down all game long.  MSG, Yankee Stadium, Citifield, the seats are packed so tight it's a virtual impossibility, and even though we have a wee bit more room at MetLife it's just not NFL culture.  Hey, a big 3rd down late in the 4th quarter, of course.  But during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters, no way.

11 hours ago, Lil O said:

Plus I would just like to ask the players would they prefer it if all the fans sat in the seats the entire game order they like it when people stand up and shout and scream.

We went 5-3 at home last season, 5-1 with Darnold under center.  And all those games featured as many enemy fans as Jet fans.  The point?  Standing makes no difference.  It's a mostly selfish thing, youngs and drunks think it makes them superfans or something.  It doesn't.  You're not Mini Fireman Ed, you're not making those around you more passionate.  You're just pissing them off.

SAR I

On 4/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

On January 21, the Chinese were telling the world that the virus did not spread person-to-person.  Thus Fauci's belief that it was not a major threat. 

SAR I