What pick will get you excited/angry?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Thomas grades out like Ogden. I wouldnt hate it. LT for the next 12 years.

Too many holes on the Jets and too many OTs available in this draft to justify giving up any picks, IMHO, no matter who they’re after. 

My #1 option at #11 would be to trade down. If not, I’ll be reasonably content with any of the top OTs or WRs. 

37 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The only D pick I wouldn't throw a sh*t storm over would be Simmons as he can play all three downs and could have an impact anywhere on the field. Past I.S. anything other than a stud OT or WR (assuming the OTs are gone) and I will not be happy, which is normal on draft day. Stud dbs are becoming more and more trivial with multiple receiver sets being normal, we saw teams avoid Revis and just go to the other 3 wrs. Just say no to DBs and DTs.

I just don't see at all how anyone could want simmons unless the jets trade Adams.  They would be playing the same position and you can;t have two swiss army knife hybrid guys.

1 hour ago, slats said:

If the Jets trade up in this draft, I will be furious no matter who they take. 

I feel ya ... that's cool

especially if Wirfs, Wills, & Becton and all gone ... if the offer is reasonable I have to pull that trigger. 

I'd be happy if we end up with one of the OT's. 

I'd be a little disappointed if we ended up with a WR since I think they're easier to come by.   Though I'd probably be okay with it because we need WRs and it's fun to draft skill position players.

I'd probably be happy if we traded down (obviously it depends on the trade and if we grabbed a good OL later on)

I can't imagine we'd take a defensive player other than maybe if one of the top prospects fell.  If that happened, I'd probably initially not love it but eventually it would grow on me (since we have a bunch of needs and at least we'd, in theory, be filling them).

Ultimately, I'm probably good with whatever JD does.  He certainly knows a lot more about this sh-t than I do - lol.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I just don't see at all how anyone could want simmons unless the jets trade Adams.  They would be playing the same position and you can;t have two swiss army knife hybrid guys.

I disagree. Why can't you? Cause someone says so? Adams could focus on being a ball hawk play maker somewhere besides the trenches. While Simmons Plays up front and drops into coverage when needed. That would actually make sense. The more guys who can do more than one thing the better. Greg Williams could be real creative at that point.

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets make their pick...who’s making you jump off the couch in excitement? I’m not talking what’s the “right pick”, just what you think you’ll reaction will be to these diff guys.  

Here’s my range of emotions:

Juedy, Lamb: LFG!! 

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs: “Great pick”

Becton: “Nice...(while worried a little on the inside)” 

Ruggs: “Not what I expected but hey it’s a WR” then proceed to JetNation in hopes to be convinced he’ll be the Jets Tyreek Hill.

Any defensive player: WTF

WR, OL will be fine.  Anything else would be a disaster

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets make their pick...who’s making you jump off the couch in excitement? I’m not talking what’s the “right pick”, just what you think you’ll reaction will be to these diff guys.  

Here’s my range of emotions:

Juedy, Lamb: LFG!! 

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs: “Great pick”

Becton: “Nice...(while worried a little on the inside)” 

Ruggs: “Not what I expected but hey it’s a WR” then proceed to JetNation in hopes to be convinced he’ll be the Jets Tyreek Hill.

Any defensive player: WTF

My thoughts exact.

41 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I disagree. Why can't you? Cause someone says so? Adams could focus on being a ball hawk play maker somewhere besides the trenches. While Simmons Plays up front and drops into coverage when needed. That would actually make sense. The more guys who can do more than one thing the better. Greg Williams could be real creative at that point.

Adams has 100% proven he is not a ball hawk play maker.  You are going to essentially have two safety/lb hybrids both have to be free to roam both  have to be at the los.

I'll be ecstatic with the following picks:

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs , Young

I'll be happy with the following picks:

Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah

I'll be cautiously optimistic with the following picks:

Becton, Jones, Simmons, Ruggs

I'll be really disappointed with the following picks:

Chaisson, Brown, Kinlaw, CJ Henderson, Fulton 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams has 100% proven he is not a ball hawk play maker.  You are going to essentially have two safety/lb hybrids both have to be free to roam both  have to be at the los.

I've seen Adams flash very good coverage ability, and he's asked to be a rush LB essentaily so he often isn't playing in coverage and gaining that exp as a young player. Having said that, once Adams is traded to Dallas the redundancy you point out won't be an issue.

I would be VERY VERY excited with any of the top OTs not named Becton

I would be VERY excited with Lamb or Jeudy but worried about OT

I would be excited but not jumping around my house with Ruggs

I would be OK if all 4OT and Lamb/Jeudy gone as well and we take Okudah

I would be OK if we traded Adams and still had a #1 and an additional 2nd day pick if we took Simmons

I would be PISSED if we took Simmons without the above

I would be NERVOUS if we take Beckton

I would BREAK things if we took Brown or Kinlaw

I would be CAUTIOUSLY EXCITED if we trade down, pissed if we trade down with a Top OT there

I would sort of understand the logic of selecting Tua but not happy

This pick:

Dunlop427BJP_.jpg.53a294496e62831b08e70effe2c0a189.jpg

OK, OK, sorry, Forgive me, I just can't help it

But the actually answer the question, the best pick has to be a LT but that is never exciting and besides, he may turn into the Q. WIlliams of OT's

Exciting? I would love to see a receiver with Porsche level speed. THAT'S exciting. Ruggs? Of course no use if there is no time to throw to him but darn, I love those Maynard - Walker type long pass plays. Question is does the QB have the arm strength to make those throws? 

Angry? Defensive tackle

In any event, they are drafting rookies, Can't forget that. 

(BTW: Dunlop427BJP, worth getting excited over)

11 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

This pick:

Dunlop427BJP_.jpg.53a294496e62831b08e70effe2c0a189.jpg

OK, OK, sorry, Forgive me, I just can't help it

But the actually answer the question, the best pick has to be a LT but that is never exciting and besides, he may turn into the Q. WIlliams of OT's

Exciting? I would love to see a receiver with Porsche level speed. THAT'S exciting. Ruggs? Of course no use if there is no time to throw to him but darn, I love those Maynard - Walker type long pass plays. Question is does the QB have the arm strength to make those throws? 

Angry? Defensive tackle

In any event, they are drafting rookies, Can't forget that. 

(BTW: Dunlop427BJP, worth getting excited over)

That Petrucci pick is my literally my favorite pick (I don't even play that style of music btw but it's still my favorite ).  Previously, I played the Dunlop MAX-GRIP® JAZZ III CARBON FIBER PICK 471-3C (pictured below).  That one was a little bit too small though so I switched it up to the Petrucci pick.

https://www.jimdunlop.com/max-grip-jazz-iii-carbon-fiber-pick/

image.thumb.png.c281490947b57b6e2baddbd014bcf251.png

• Post of the Week 1