Could Jamal Still Be Traded?

3 hours ago, varjet said:

It think the approach with Jamal is pretty simple.  

Keep your mouth and twitter shut, honor your contract and we will consider an extension during the season if we have the cap space.  Otherwise we extend after this year. 

Otherwise count on the fifth year option and franchise tag, at which point he is on the downward slope for a SS.

Downward slope? He’s 24 years old

Jets fans complain that we can’t draft good players, and then when we finally land a great one, they want to unload him. What’s the message that sends to the rest of the team? 

I understand that 18 per is a lot for a safety, but Prez is more than just a safety. He’s a leader. He brings energy to that defense. And if you don’t believe me, ask Greg Williams. He loves JA. He’s the fire on defense. I think you pay this guy whatever the top safety of getting. He’s one of the best safeties in the game. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Robby Anderson someone who's regarded as a true #2 WR and never had an All-Rookie selection, no Pro Bowls and 0 All-Pro's just got a $20M contract over 2 years and $12,000,000 guaranteed 1st year. 

Jamal Adams is a forner All-Rookie and 2x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro and on everyone's top 20 list of impactful NFL Superstar; he's going to get paid $$$$$ for his services. 

At least $17M per at the very least and with $200M in salary cap 2020 it's pennies on the dollar however he is getting paid and a lot more than "Robby Anderson" who's not even half the greatness of Jamal. 

Dude he has no leverage relative to Anderson. This is basic. This is why he can't get free agent value. Any person with business experience will tell you that. Robby Anderson's price was based off the free market. Jamal Adams has no market since he is locked in for 3 years. 

20 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

In 2019, he played in 14 games, started 12, was targeted 113 times, made 66 catches for a total of 1,107 yards, for an average of 16.8 yards a catch.  He had 6 TD's, 50 1st down catches and a catch percentage of 58.4 percent.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GallMi00.htm

Thanks for correcting the mistake with the misleading stats in the other post.

19 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

BTW, if you think Jamal Adams should stay, ignore the post.

This was intended for people who think Jamal should be traded.

In case they didnt get it in the other 100 threads beating this dead horse?

Cant wait for the next can he be traded thread to share some more light on this 

22 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The argument for trading Jamal is a valid one, but I personally think that, if he was going to be traded anytime soon, it would have happened before this draft.  

I think we will be looking at him in our secondary for at least one more season. 

JD drafted Smith in the hopes that once the Johnsons finally wake up and realize we need to trade Adams it will be next offseason 

19 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Jets fans complain that we can’t draft good players, and then when we finally land a great one, they want to unload him. What’s the message that sends to the rest of the team? 

I understand that 18 per is a lot for a safety, but Prez is more than just a safety. He’s a leader. He brings energy to that defense. And if you don’t believe me, ask Greg Williams. He loves JA. He’s the fire on defense. I think you pay this guy whatever the top safety of getting. He’s one of the best safeties in the game. 

The Jets top 3 highest paid positions are about to be:

Running Back

Inside Linebacker

Strong Safety

You don’t win like that in the nfl

• Upvote 3

On 4/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, CanadaSteve said:

With the Cowboys picking Cee Dee Lamb, does that make Michael Gallup expendable?

And if it does, would the Jets consider taking Michael Gallup and the Cowboys 2nd this year.

What draft pick next year would seal the deal?  Next year's first perhaps? Or more?

Just put the phone down and walk away

On 4/24/2020 at 5:29 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Robby Anderson someone who's regarded as a true #2 WR and never had an All-Rookie selection, no Pro Bowls and 0 All-Pro's just got a $20M contract over 2 years and $12,000,000 guaranteed 1st year. 

Jamal Adams is a forner All-Rookie and 2x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro and on everyone's top 20 list of impactful NFL Superstar; he's going to get paid $$$$$ for his services. 

At least $17M per at the very least and with $200M in salary cap 2020 it's pennies on the dollar however he is getting paid and a lot more than "Robby Anderson" who's not even half the greatness of Jamal. 

Robby can catch Jamal cant

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If you guys hate Jamal so much why not just root for a team without him?

you have a lot of choices.

We can root for the team and not a player. I'm a hardcore Mets fan and hated Terry Collins. But still rooted for my team.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Running Back

Inside Linebacker

Strong Safety

And then Darnold will knock them all down a notch

And hopefully when they bring in more talent they'll all get knocked off the list

And, do you have a point?

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

JD drafted Smith in the hopes that once the Johnsons finally wake up and realize we need to trade Adams it will be next offseason 

JD drafted Smith so the lousy Maye can be dumped.

Smiths a real FS, Maye isnt

Adams is a SS.

Heres a news item, SS isnt FS.  

Adams and a real FS?  Nice.

Maybe you can learn to misread Smiths game and hate him too.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Running Back

Inside Linebacker

Strong Safety

LeVeon Bell is very likely gone next year. That salary will be gone or restructured.  CJ Mosley is a stud. I’ll pay him that money all day long. He was destroying the Bills for three quarters until that freak injury that cost him the season. And Jamal Adams is one of the best safeties in the game, some say THE best. Mosley and Adams are most definitely guys you win with. 

22 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry, didn't know the same stats were misleading.

You really should look closer at the posts i responded too.. Cause they are not the same stats.   But I'll spell it out for you and give you a little help.

Your first post gave  stat line of 66 catches for 1600 yds and 6 tds.   Which is not a single seaon stat of Gallups nor his career stats  Which makes your first post incorrect from any angle.

Your second post responding gives his correct 2019 stat line.    But whatever!  Sorry, you don't see how incorrect your first post was.   good day

3 hours ago, lounap23 said:

You really should look closer at the posts i responded too.. Cause they are not the same stats.   But I'll spell it out for you and give you a little help.

Your first post gave  stat line of 66 catches for 1600 yds and 6 tds.   Which is not a single seaon stat of Gallups nor his career stats  Which makes your first post incorrect from any angle.

Your second post responding gives his correct 2019 stat line.    But whatever!  Sorry, you don't see how incorrect your first post was.   good day

I owe you an apology....I actually thought I had the stats correct the first time, and put in the same stats the second time.

Apologies again to you and everyone.  My bad!

On 4/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You don't trade a two-time all pro unless you are getting a haul. A haul STARTS at two first round picks and two second round picks. Please stop judging this guy on being drafted instead of Mahomes and Watson. 

You’ll never make it as a GM

On 4/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Prez33 said:

You can appreciate a player while still seeing the big picture. When your loyalty is to the team and not just one player, well it's an easy choice. I think Jamal should get extended, but not break the cap for him. The only position you might say "hell to the cap" for is franchise QB as opposed to talented safety mouth piece/leader. Nothing against Jamal as he's a great player.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:54 PM, T0mShane said:

You could sign Tony Jefferson tomorrow. You could sign Logan Ryan tomorrow. They can replace Jamal. Schefter was just on with Hahn and Bart and said (in relation to Yannick) that teams aren’t trading for veterans because there’s no way to do physicals and there’s uncertainty whether or not there will be a season, so nobody wants to pay big money for a guy whom you won’t get a return on until possibly next year

The supposed deal with Dallas would have been Jamal for Cee Dee lamb at a lower salary for more years.   I wonder if JD wishes he took the deal last fall? 

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

At this point, not all that interested in a trade.

Unless it nets us an immediate upgrade at WR, a true #1, then I think we missed this offseason’s window to move him.

The draft is over. Time to focus on preparing for the season. 

Yep. The main focus is now preparing this team for the season with our All Pro Safety. Showing players that we value their contributions. Open up talks with the agent and see what type of numbers each side is looking at. Doubtful anything gets done this year. Next off-season is the sweet spot. One more year of production to evaluate and his leadership with all the new rookies. Let’s see if he puts team before self. 

• Upvote 1