Could Jamal Still Be Traded?

With the Cowboys picking Cee Dee Lamb, does that make Michael Gallup expendable?

And if it does, would the Jets consider taking Michael Gallup and the Cowboys 2nd this year.

What draft pick next year would seal the deal?  Next year's first perhaps? Or more?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

With the Cowboys picking Cee Dee Lamb, does that make Michael Gallup expendable?

And if it does, would the Jets consider taking Michael Gallup and the Cowboys 2nd this year.

What draft pick next year would seal the deal?  Next year's first perhaps?

Not matter of if but when today. After that run on safeties in the first round he’s all but gone. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why would we trade an All-Pro Safety for a good wide receiver and a 2nd? Gallup can play but he's not a standout. 

Adams might just be a safety, but he's amongst the best at the position in the entire league. You can find guys like Gallup out there. 

Read the post dude!

I said Michael Gallup (66 receptions, 1,600 yards, 6 TD'S), a 2nd rounder AND a pick for next year, which could be a number 1.

If Jamal Adams does get traded, that’s gonna make JD look shady after the public comments he’s made. “I want him to be a Jet for life, he’s one of the reasons I came here, he’s a foundational player,etc”. 

You say those things, and then trade the guy? Talk about cutthroat. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not matter of if but when today. After that run on safeties in the first round he’s all but gone. 

That's what I was wondering. 

Dallas gets their safety, we get a #2 receiver, another solid pick this year with Dallas' number two, AND you get picks for next year, which makes it more palatable for Dallas.

People were saying this years 1st and 3rd would be enough.  So why can't a #2 receiver, a number 2 and next year's first not be enough?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You don't trade a two-time all pro unless you are getting a haul. A haul STARTS at two first round picks and two second round picks. Please stop judging this guy on being drafted instead of Mahomes and Watson. 

If you think Jamal Adams is the cornerstone for this team, great.

Many of us don't.  So just ignore the thread if you think Jamal Adams is the most important player on a team that will never make the playoffs if that is in fact true.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Read the post dude!

I said Michael Gallup (66 receptions, 1,600 yards, 6 TD'S), a 2nd rounder AND a pick for next year, which could be a number 1.

You're not getting a 1st, Michael Gallup, and a 2nd for a safety. That would be a great trade for the Jets. But I doubt the Cowboys would do that. 

Adams is worth more to the Jets than most teams would be willing to give up for him in my opinion. I don't think anybody will meet the Jets demands for him and the Jets would be dumb to trade him for day 2 picks and a good receiver. This draft is loaded with guys as talented as Gallup (unproven but talented). They could just take a receiver in the 2nd and keep Adams. A proven commodity at his position. 

Just now, jetsons said:

I Personally Do NOT Want the NY Jets To Trade Jamal Adams... Make Him A LIFE LONG Jet...   just my 2 cents

I’m neutral when it comes to Adams.  I’m not a big fan of his antics obviously but there is no question of his talent.  I’m open to trading him but in need at least two high picks at the minimum 

40 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m neutral when it comes to Adams.  I’m not a big fan of his antics obviously but there is no question of his talent.  I’m open to trading him but in need at least two high picks at the minimum 

We'll agree to disagree on that. ?

Now that we saw Lamb fall to DAL, I'm sure many of the never-Jamals are even more distraught we didn't get that trade.  What nobody wants to recognize  is that we have no depth at Safety at all, so if we did trade him, we'd have to invest one of our day-2 picks on a Safety.  So we would have Lamb and a Day-2 Safety or Adams and a Day-2 WR (maybe Pittman or Higgins).  It's not so black and white that the team would be any better overall in the first scenario.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Now that we saw Lamb fall to DAL, I'm sure many of the never-Jamals are even more distraught we didn't get that trade.  What nobody wants to recognize  is that we have no depth at Safety at all, so if we did trade him, we'd have to invest one of our day-2 picks on a Safety.  So we would have Lamb and a Day-2 Safety or Adams and a Day-2 WR (maybe Pittman or Higgins).  It's not so black and white that the team would be any better overall in the first scenario.  

They can still get a top WR today

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You could sign Tony Jefferson tomorrow. You could sign Logan Ryan tomorrow. They can replace Jamal. Schefter was just on with Hahn and Bart and said (in relation to Yannick) that teams aren’t trading for veterans because there’s no way to do physicals and there’s uncertainty whether or not there will be a season, so nobody wants to pay big money for a guy whom you won’t get a return on until possibly next year

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He may end up regretting that he did not take what he could get, should Adams holdout and make this a sh*t show.

Not gonna fault Douglas.  I know a lot want Adams gone but it would have been worse trading him on the cheap