Patriots (Seriously)

TNJet

Can anyone here seriously say they'd be optimistic as a Patriots fan? I just can't see how they aren't equally as bad as Miami.

Their draft was shyt as well I'm happy to add. Should've taken Love at 23 but traded down for a fringe Safety in Lenoir Rhine db Dugger? Lol if anyone else chose this reach of a player over Delpit, or Diggs from the SEC STILL AVAILABLE omfg! What a joke, they would have crucified their first pick. Anyone. 

They took 0 QBs, with perhaps the worst 2 IN THE NFL on his roster. I've never bought into the "Belichick is a genius" crap, and his draft this weekend proves me no different.

Anyone else in the nfl takes a player ftom LRU with their first selection and they get crucified. Great players were there for the taking, and NE doesn't have any great players anymore. But hey, I'm glad they will suck. Just can't believe their strategy.  In more bad news, their FB just retired in Develin. Lol. Go mf'ing Jets.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Can anyone here seriously say they'd be optimistic as a Patriots fan? I just can't see how they aren't equally as bad as Miami.

Their draft was shyt as well I'm happy to add. Should've taken Love at 23 but traded down for a fringe Safety in Lenoir Rhine db Dugger? Lol if anyone else chose this reach of a player over Delpit, or Diggs from the SEC STILL AVAILABLE omfg! What a joke, they would have crucified their first pick. Anyone. 

They took 0 QBs, with perhaps the worst 2 IN THE NFL on his roster. I've never bought into the "Belichick is a genius" crap, and his draft this weekend proves me no different.

Anyone else in the nfl takes a player ftom LRU with their first selection and they get crucified. Great players were there for the taking, and NE doesn't have any great players anymore. But hey, I'm glad they will suck. Just can't believe their strategy.  In more bad news, their FB just retired in Develin. Lol. Go mf'ing Jets.

This would be better if it was posted AFTER the last game of the 2020 season. ?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

all part of the master plan to go 1-15 and take Trevor Lawrence like Indy did when they lost Peyton so they could get Luck

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I think they’re going to be terrible.  They’re over and it’s great.

That was a terrible draft, trading out of round one and not taking guys like Murray LB was a mistake. 

without Tom Brady those fringe guys aren’t going to believe like they once did, no Superman back there raising their play or confidence.

BB is the best ever but he can’t will that offense to compete.  No TB, no Gronk, no Scarnecchia, no magic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

all part of the master plan to go 1-15 and take Trevor Lawrence like Indy did when they lost Peyton so they could get Luck

Nah. Belichick doesn't tank for draft picks. If he looked at the draft for talent he wouldn't have drafted a Safety from Lenoir Rhine in the 2nd.

Just now, David Harris said:

I think they’re going to be terrible.  They’re over and it’s great.

That was a terrible draft, trading out of round one and not taking guys like Murray LB was a mistake. 

without Tom Brady those fringe guys aren’t going to believe like they once did, no Superman back there raising their play or confidence.

BB is the best cheater and team filmer ever but he can’t will that offense to compete.  No TB, no Gronk, no Scarnecchia, no magic. 

Fixed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They already were already relying on their defence even with Brady. They've lost Collins and Van Noy but Belichick will probably plug and play some scrubs who'll perform at the same level because it's what he does.

There's as much question marks with Brady as there is with them. He was 42 years old and may have been more limited than we know. Certainly looked that way. He was worse than his stats show and they had to play around him at times. 

• Upvote 1

Two Pats fans I know over here have both started following Tampa. Speaks volumes. The Patriots domination is over. It was like Manchester United in the late 90s / early 00s - which wont be a great comparison to you guys granted - but they became the global brand in football because of it. That era Manchester United won everything, so everyone supported them.

Even down to the long standing coach - Bill Belichick and Sir Alex Ferguson are the same. Ferguson managed Manchester United for 26 years and he eventually retired because I think he was smart enough to see that Manchester United weren't the powerhouse they once were and were being left behind. Belichick will do the same.

They've now fallen away and are desperate to get back to former glory but can't.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Two Pats fans I know over here have both started following Tampa. Speaks volumes. The Patriots domination is over. It was like Manchester United in the late 90s / early 00s - which wont be a great comparison to you guys granted - but they became the global brand in football because of it. That era Manchester United won everything, so everyone supported them.

Even down to the long standing coach - Bill Belichick and Sir Alex Ferguson are the same. Ferguson managed Manchester United for 26 years and he eventually retired because I think he was smart enough to see that Manchester United weren't the powerhouse they once were and were being left behind. Belichick will do the same.

They've now fallen away and are desperate to get back to former glory but can't.

let's hope they have to suk for a half century at least...

ffs, having to deal with marino, kelly and brady all these years while trotting out all the dreck we did...  smh...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

Belly thinks he can turn Stidham into Tom Brady as if it wasn't luck finding the GOAT in the 6th round.  I think he's in for a rude awakening. 

itll be interesting....    if he retunrs to being the .500 hc he was...     still will create soldi d's, but.....

Until BB shows he can't win the division, you have to expect him to win the division.  Did it with Matt Cassel, who hadn't started a football game since he was in HS.  Also had a winning record with young Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett under center.

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, TNJet said:

BB has never taken the best player on everyone's board...he takes players he thinks fists his scream/system. 

And don't under estimate the fins.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, TNJet said:

Belichick is an outstanding coach who gets more out of his players than almost all other coaches.  Only a fool would underestimate what he can do with whatever roster he is given.  He's proven it.  Until they are no longer contenders, I view NE as a serious threat.  I hope Gase does as well,

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Until BB shows he can't win the division, you have to expect him to win the division.  Did it with Matt Cassel, who hadn't started a football game since he was in HS.  Also had a winning record with young Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett under center.

Miami won the division that year and New England missed the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Belly thinks he can turn Stidham into Tom Brady as if it wasn't luck finding the GOAT in the 6th round.  I think he's in for a rude awakening. 

Brady was always a little annoyed that the Pats received any praise for taking him in the 6th round. He typically says, if they thought i was really good, why’d they wait for the 6th round to pick me.