Patriots (Seriously)

TNJet

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

With a roster that won 18 the year before

Not quite. One major change was that Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, and Eugene Wilson all left in free agency. Plus, Cassel wasn’t the intended starter. Whoever starts this year will be prepped as the starter in TC and preseason. Look, I hate BB as much as the next guy and will revel in his football demise, but I’m not gonna do it until the casket is in the grave and  has a few shovel fulls of dirt on it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Belichick is an outstanding coach who gets more out of his players than almost all other coaches.  Only a fool would underestimate what he can do with whatever roster he is given.  He's proven it.  Until they are no longer contenders, I view NE as a serious threat.  I hope Gase does as well,

Only with video cameras.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Patriots are the team to beat until proven otherwise. Don't kid yourself and think it's the bills.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Total homerism I know but I'm thinking we might be some sort of dark horse team to beat.  We did go 6-2 with a considerably worse roster.  I think JD is getting it right and is giving Gase the toys Gase can step up to play with.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Total homerism I know but I'm thinking we might be some sort of dark horse team to beat.  We did go 6-2 with a considerable worse roster.  I think JD is getting it right and is giving Gase the toys Gase can step up to play with.  

It all depends on Gases playcalling now. He has the tools. He was too conservative last year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, docdhc said:

Belly thinks he can turn Stidham into Tom Brady as if it wasn't luck finding the GOAT in the 6th round.  I think he's in for a rude awakening. 

Will be interesting to see how the refs call offensive holding and offensive PI on the Pats this year. They were undoubtedly influenced, but was it for Brady or was it for Belichick/Kraft?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Total homerism I know but I'm thinking we might be some sort of dark horse team to beat.  We did go 6-2 with a considerable worse roster.  I think JD is getting it right and is giving Gase the toys Gase can step up to play with.  

If we got to play those tomato cans again we would be in pretty good shape.  I doubt we will though.

6 hours ago, jetsman1 said:

Miami won the division that year and New England missed the playoffs.

My mistake.  However, with a guy who hadn't started since HS they were knocking on the door.  "Mangenius" had a HOF QB and couldn't do it.

Man, I am just not going to start counting my chickens just yet. What was Belichick's record without Brady  since he has been on the team? Like 14-6 or something like that. Sure he has a losing record overall without Brady counting Cleveland and first year in NE, but still he is a much better head coach now then then. I would LOVE for them to be awful and see all the Pats fans bail or get their just deserts but I will believe it when I see it.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this has to be the oldest pig in the history of the planet.  He's been ripe for slaughter for almost 2 decades now.  

haha

it's cured... dry aged ... like serrano or sopresetta you have to hang it

for like 10 years 

minimum 

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

haha

it's cured... dry aged ... like serrano or sopresetta you have to hang it

for like 10 years 

minimum 

Always hanging in the windows of the Italian butchers and delis in my childhood neighborhood. Miss the Italian delis on every other corner and the Jewish and Italian bakeries.  Here in NW NJ, everything is meh bland and awful.  Got to drive 16 miles to the first good Italian Deli. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, Robby is catching a 72 yard touchdown to win the last game of the season.

No, you mean Robby catching 72 touchdown passes for the season because he is the best receiver in the history of football (according to some on this board, at least).

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Always hanging in the windows of the Italian butchers and delis in my childhood neighborhood. Miss the Italian delis on every other corner and the Jewish and Italian bakeries.  Here in NW NJ, everything is meh bland and awful.  Got to drive 16 miles to the first good Italian Deli. 

Don't complain. I had to move up to New England 17 years ago for a job (how would you like to be a Jets + Yankees fan up here?). I STILL haven't found a deli, never mind a good one...