Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m confident that you have absolutely no idea how weak this argument is. The Jets took a SS at #6 overall in the same draft where the league’s MVP and Super Bowl MVP went four picks later, and that’s somehow okay? 

Whatever anyone else did, only one team did it right. It wasn’t the Jets. There were a number of people here who wanted Mahomes. It’s not like he was a completely out of the blue pick. 

I have no idea how a day two QB not being taken at the top of the draft is a weak argument when two high rated QBs went earlier than Mahomes.

Sometimes you screw up.  I get that we did, theres nothing weak going on

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You could also say that on a website where half the board posts 2 or three mock drafts every year, just about every single player in the top half of the first round will have been touted by some.

If the player turns out to be a star, "hey look at me!!! I was screaming, pounding the table for him!!!" and "plenty of us loved him..."

When the player flops, why don't we hear "Oh yeah? There were quite a few people here who liked him..."

We definitely had some Rosen peeps here. They’ve either gone silent or became a little passive-aggressive. :) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea how a day two QB not being taken at the top of the draft is a weak argument when two high rated QBs went earlier than Mahomes.

Sometimes you screw up.  I get that we did, theres nothing weak going on

He wasn’t a Day Two QB the day of the draft. That’s bull****. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You could also say that on a website where half the board posts 2 or three mock drafts every year, just about every single player in the top half of the first round will have been touted by some.

If the player turns out to be a star, "hey look at me!!! I was screaming, pounding the table for him!!!" and "plenty of us loved him..."

When the player flops, why don't we hear "Oh yeah? There were quite a few people here who liked him..."

I've said it many times.  By the time the draft goes off most people here have mentioned every players name.  Doesn't mean people were calling for Mahomes, I sure dont remember that.  Do I remember his athleticism and arm strength?  Yup.  Everyone said as much.  But there were doubts about the program and his decision making.  I remember him well.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A handful?   The board was literally screaming for a QB.  I blame them for both. Who cares what people wanted, or who Maccagnan was linked to?   It was their job to identify the best value for their pick.  Even with their best picks they failed miserably.  I don't know how we got on this and I don't know how any of it is still up for debate.

A handful for Mahomes

Not for a QB.

I do remember being one of the only ones,  with Jif who wanted Watson?  So?  What do I know

3/4 of the board said that Bosa would be a bust a year ago, were hoping he would get picked early so we wouldn't get "stuck" with him.  

Every T was talked up this draft, what are we to conclude? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A handful for Mahomes

Not for a QB.

I do remember being one of the only ones,  with Jif who wanted Watson?  So?  What do I know

3/4 of the board said that Bosa would be a bust a year ago, were hoping he would get picked early so we wouldn't get "stuck" with him.  

Every T was talked up this draft, what are we to conclude? 

Your memory is way the **** out of line with reality if you think that 3/4 of the board said that Bosa would be a bust.  There were injury concerns and that's it AFAIK.  There were probably more posters that made threads professing their love for Mahomes than saying Bosa would bust.  More importantly, I will ask again:  How is what the board wanted relevant?  What is the purpose?  Who cares what poster thought about what tackle prospect?  Other than our personal credit, what does that have to do with how we look back at a front office?  Am I supposed to think the right move was made because Kiper liked a guy?  If Wirfs ends up the best one, Douglas and Gettelman will rightly be ripped.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, slats said:

We definitely had some Rosen peeps here. They’ve either gone silent or became a little passive-aggressive. :) 

Rosen is a perfect example of reading between the lines.  Going into the 2017 college season, I thought he might be better than Darnold.  As the talk went on and the draft grew closer, it was obvious he was dropping and that he genuinely wasn't liked.  He still went top 10, so I guess he didn't drop like a stone, but I may have been considered a "Rosen peep" at some point, but I don't think I said a nice thing about him after February 2018.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Inaccuracy? LOL

Yes, inaccuracy.  He was a sub-60 % thrower in college, and in his first season, he dinked and dunked his way to 61.9 %, averaging a paltry 6.6 yards per attempt and finishing 21st in the league in air yards per attempt.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's also a false statement.  Ed Reed produced no matter what talent was around him.  As did Troy Polamalu.  As does Earl Thomas.  As did Sean Taylor, who was on an otherwise awful Redskins defense.  

Ed Reed and and Earl Thomas played on 2 of the best defenses in the history of the league.  They may have produced no matter what talent was around them, but they were surrounded by studs their entire careers.

Washington had a top 10 Defenses 2 of the seasons Taylor played, and we're in the top half of the NFL in a 3rd.  Hardly awful.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ed Reed and and Earl Thomas played on 2 of the best defenses in the history of the league.  They may have produced no matter what talent was around them, but they were surrounded by studs their entire careers.

Washington had a top 10 Defenses 2 of the seasons Taylor played, and we're in the top half of the NFL in a 3rd.  Hardly awful.

So your position is that the Ravens and Seahawks have never been without "studs"?  OK then.

Thomas was dominant well before the Legion of Boom came into being, and kept dominating after it collapsed.  His rookie year the defense was ranked # 25 in the league.  He picked off 5 passes and forced a fumble.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So your position is that the Ravens and Seahawks have never been without "studs"?  OK then.

Thomas was dominant well before the Legion of Boom came into being, and kept dominating after it collapsed.  His rookie year the defense was ranked # 25 in the league.  He picked off 5 passes and forced a fumble.  

Do you ever fact check anything you say?  "Well before"?  He played exactly 1 year in Seattle without the rest of the Legion of Boom.  1.  His rookie year as you state.  As you mention he picked off 5 passes and forced a fumble.  Is that dominant?  Could be.  Certainly wasn't well before and was definitely not after it collapsed.

And as far as the Ravens go, yes, Ed Reed was flanked by studs his entire tenure.  In any given season he had any of these 2 guys on that defense often times 3.  Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, Terrell Suggs,  Chris McCallister and Haloti Ngata.  That's not counting any of the very good players on that defense over his tenure.

I like you as a poster, I really do.  I think you are very knowledgeable but you let the hyperbole take over sometimes.

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Where are your facts?  I wrote the wrong sequence of games he missed and that's something you needed to point out as if makes a difference? Again, other that trying to make a totally made up situation off of an equally dumb post by @Jetsfan80?   When youre going to call out someone for gettin their facts straight, it shouldn't be to back a totally fabricated story based off of a trolls dumb theory. 

Your post stressed that he missed the Dolphins game AFTER he chose to sit out on the biggest stage - a Nationally televised game against the Ravens and Lamar Jackson. He played the week after and had 8 tackles.

I think you're accusing @Jetsfan80 of a post that I made saying Jamal chose to milk an injury and sit out  ducking Lamar Jackson so he wouldn't look bad.

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Your post stressed that he missed the Dolphins game AFTER he chose to sit out on the biggest stage - a Nationally televised game against the Ravens and Lamar Jackson. He played the week after and had 8 tackles.

I think you're accusing @Jetsfan80 of a post that I made saying Jamal chose to milk an injury and sit out  ducking Lamar Jackson so he wouldn't look bad.

No my post stressed that its disgusting to accuse a player of faking an injury, especially based on nothing more than you just blowing smole out of your ass.  I knew he missed those two games, why the F would I stress one before the other?  Youre really reaching now.  

That you thing Jamal was afraid of playing Jackson really makes you look dumb.  You do realize that

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No my post stressed that its disgusting to accuse a player of faking an injury, especially based on nothing more than you just blowing smole out of your ass.  I knew he missed those two games, why the F would I stress one before the other?  Youre really reaching now.  

That you thing Jamal was afraid of playing Jackson really makes you look dumb.  You do realize that

Your post said that he was so injured that he had to miss the Dolphins game after he sat out against Lamar on National TV. Plainly stating that he was so injured he had to miss the next game when in fact he played the game the next week after wussing out.

It was Jamal's big chance to show the entire NFL and the sports world just how good he is and he chose to sit out rather than be embarrassed by Lamar Jackson.

Are you says that a player has never sat out when they could have played. See John Abe in the playoffs.

Stop trying to spin your BS post. I don't have the time or desire to go back and find it. I'm done with this bullsh*t - blow it your ass.

30 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Readily admit  I wasn't all over Mahomes. I was all over Watson. And either way an NFL GM should have been all over both when his team DID NOT HAVE AN OFFENSE coming into that draft. That Maccagnan picked 2 safeties at the top of that draft is mind-boggling incompetence. I repeat; his team did not have an offense. 

Totally agree about the GM and about Watson.  There were a few of us who wanted him.  More that didnt, used to argue with my son over him.  

But also, this is why Maccagan was fired.

24 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Your post said that he was so injured that he had to miss the Dolphins game after he sat out against Lamar on National TV. Plainly stating that he was so injured he had to miss the next game when in fact he played the game the next week after wussing out.

It was Jamal's big chance to show the entire NFL and the sports world just how good he is and he chose to sit out rather than be embarrassed by Lamar Jackson.

Are you says that a player has never sat out when they could have played. See John Abe in the playoffs.

Stop trying to spin your BS post. I don't have the time or desire to go back and find it. I'm done with this bullsh*t - blow it your ass.

WTF ARE YOU ARGUING?  

I screwed up the order of the two games he missed.  

Youre argument that he "wussed out".   That he missed the Raven game out of fear quite frankly is dumb as it gets.  And its really mean spirited and fu9ked up to doubt player injuries.

Your claim that not believing your line to total made up shlt is BS and I should blow it out of my ass.  Seriously?  Youre done?  It never started, it was a totally made up, bullshlt theory and dumb argument by a hater right from the start 

Bye

Once again I hope and pray JD is smart enough to realize he must sign Jamal long term. There's no way he'll ever get enough value in return. Even if he got two 1st rounders and a 4th, he would never be able to draft enough that would compare equally to Jamal Adams brings to the field, practice, NY, children, etc.

• Haha 2

I stand by my statements at the time! 

I wanted Mahomes and doubted Watson!  I was WRONG about Watson, he is way better than I thought!

Indeed only a CRAZY loon thought that we should have continued to put all of our chips on Hackenburg!

Again I wanted Hack drafted, but once we saw he was NO GOOD we (the Jets) held on to him passing over Mahomes and Watson......

WE NEEDED A QB!!!!!

It was an OBVIOUS draft BLUNDER that has resulted in the ongoing animus for JAMAL ADAMS.

You didn't have to be a draft guru to see these FACTS to realize that Mac was moronic in his decision making!

And so NOW I'm not accepting that None of US out here wanted Mahomes or Watson that is not true..

Many besides me wanted a QB drafted.... 

We did and to act like that was a difficult thought or hope is silly.....

Finally, I had as my picks for QBs Baker, Rosen and then Allen because I did not think Darnold would even be available!

I was afraid of drafting Darnold because he was young and still needed significant QB development and based upon the Jets track record I had good reason to be nervous....

Let's Go Jets! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yes it is interesting to note that in the draft day thread many REALLY wanted Rosen and quite a few were disappointed we took Darnold. Most were completely ecstatic about Darnold, but there was definitely a Rosen camp. And a Mayfield camp. Don't seem to remember much of an Allen camp. I think most thought though that Darnold would not be an option in any scenario so we were aligning with whichever of the other 3 we liked best.

That’s the way it happened. Darnold was scheduled to be the first player taken for over a year up until the morning of the draft. That was a shocking move by Cleveland. 

We had a few Allen guys. @FidelioJet being pretty vocal. The Rosen One had a pretty big contingent. I was in the Mayfield camp. Darnold was never really a consideration until the jints inexplicably passed on him. Then all of a sudden, there he was. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s the way it happened. Darnold was scheduled to be the first player taken for over a year up until the morning of the draft. That was a shocking move by Cleveland. 

We had a few Allen guys. @FidelioJet being pretty vocal. The Rosen One had a pretty big contingent. I was in the Mayfield camp. Darnold was never really a consideration until the jints inexplicably passed on him. Then all of a sudden, there he was. 

I was a Mayfield guy, I didnt really investigate Darnold until a couple days before the draft when there were reports that the Giants were definitely taking Barkley and then I became a Darnold guy as I still believe he is best prospect and will be the best QB from that class.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Finally, I had as my picks for QBs Baker, Rosen and then Allen because I did not think Darnold would even be available!

I was afraid of drafting Darnold because he was young and still needed significant QB development and based upon the Jets track record I had good reason to be nervous....

Let's Go Jets! 

So, you were afraid Darnold was young and needed development, but you ranked Allen third?