149 members have voted

1. 1. Excitement...

• I am much more excited for this this season than any other
    • I am somewhat more excited for this season than any other
    • I am about as excited for this season as any other
    • I am somewhat less excited for this season than any other
    • I am much less excited for this season than any other

Just now, Matt39 said:

Creeping back to normal is a welcome change. 

Undoubtedly true.  For me, I just can't get all that fired up for the year.  I'm reluctant to believe that it will finish, but I also wonder if all of this was perhaps a death blow to something that's been coming over time.  That is, waning interest due to so much competition for my attention.  The Rangers just got swept, and it's hard to imagine I could have cared less.

• Upvote 4

Just now, the Claw said:

In a bubble, I’m pretty excited about this season. JD seemed to have a nice offseason, so there’s a lot to be hopeful for. It could be a pretty important season for the team.

That being said, 2020 has been a sh*t show, so actually getting excited for Football is a tough ask.

This is interesting... Because, from a Jets perspective, I totally agree.  I didn't want to differentiate too much in the poll, because, frankly, it's hard to separate.  I don't see them as competitors this year, but I think it's a super important Jets year in a lot of ways.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

This is interesting... Because, from a Jets perspective, I totally agree.  I didn't want to differentiate too much in the poll, because, frankly, it's hard to separate.  I don't see them as competitors this year, but I think it's a super important Jets year in a lot of ways.

I try to think of them as two separate things. I don’t know why, But compartmentalizing it has made it easier to cope with this season. I’m a silly optimist so I voted based on my excitement for the team rather than Football in general.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Undoubtedly true.  For me, I just can't get all that fired up for the year.  I'm reluctant to believe that it will finish, but I also wonder if all of this was perhaps a death blow to something that's been coming over time.  That is, waning interest due to so much competition for my attention.  The Rangers just got swept, and it's hard to imagine I could have cared less.

Your point about the Rangers is well taken. I felt the same way.

Baseball is my favorite sport, but this season seems so convoluted in so many ways, I just can’t take it seriously.

For the first time, I’m starting to think we might have a full NFL season. I’m looking forward to it very much right now, but I’m not sure if it will feel like a “real” one. I hope it does, but we’ll see.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watching live sports right now is surreal and feels like Will Smith in I Am Legend watching taped recordings of old news programs as a way to convince himself that the world is still normal. 

You nailed it. 

Normal level of excitement for me but probably because I'm not really sure what to expect.  I think if all things were the same, I'd probably be more excited than usual because of Sam Darnold and the presence of Joe Douglas gives me a strangely optimistic comfort that he knows what he's doing and that scares me so I just really want to see this all play out because if it's bad again, I want the pain to go by fast.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Baseball is my favorite sport, but this season seems so convoluted in so many ways, I just can’t take it seriously.

For the first time, I’m starting to think we might have a full NFL season. I’m looking forward to it very much right now, but I’m not sure if it will feel like a “real” one. I hope it does, but we’ll see.

Baseball is also my favorite sport, and while I do see the convulted aspect of it, and don't disagree, the condensed season has added(for me) a sense of importance you don't usually get in a baseball regular season.  

One of College and Pro Football main draws for me is that every game matters to a certain extent.  That might not always be the case in the NFL, but far truer in the NFL than any other major sport.  With baseball paired down this year, it feels a lot more like that.

To your point though, is the end game as fulfilling this year?  I haven't made up my mind on that yet.  If the Dodgers win the WS I'll argue to my death this was an even bigger accomplishment than most years.  If they don't, I'll be saying this year didn't mean squat ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Year 3 for Sam, supposed to be the "year" for a QB. What appears to be an NFL caliber offensive line, not a HS squad. We don't have 576 players injured already.....

yeah I am excited, curious to see our offense now, Mims, Bell, Crowder, Gore, Herndon, Griffin.... and ready for some football. 

1*qyFLusEPONa626O3PNUg2g.gif.56f9f864593ef36938c4a376721cf3c3.gifSam-Darnold-92-yard-bomb-to-Robby.gif.0abc23bd3e556a0ec3128d15cd1d97eb.gif

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Trying to be optimistic, I want to believe that hockey had an interruption, which killed my interest, vs football, which has the possibility of looking closer to normal.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm excited to see Darnold and the draft class. I loved the draft on paper, but now I want to see the results on the field. If this class is more hit than miss, the future is bright. 

Yup - as I said above, from a Jets perspective, there's plenty of reasons to be interested.  My "much less interested" is all about growing apathy about sports right now.

• Post of the Week 1

Honestly not as excited as I usually am for obvious reasons.  Personally it’s been hard I have had some family members with COVID(one seriously but thankfully she pulled through).  Like another poster said sports seems trivial now.  Obviously i still want to Watch because I have two so sons who are becoming sports fans and I want yo enjoy it with them 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Trying to be optimistic, I want to believe that hockey had an interruption, which killed my interest, vs football, which has the possibility of looking closer to normal.

Yes, I’m hoping the same.

The hockey isn’t bad though, and I think them covering the empty seats the way they have was a good idea.

I like their format, and I’m following the tournament.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'm excited to see Darnold and the draft class. I loved the draft on paper, but now I want to see the results on the field. If this class is more hit than miss, the future is bright. 

Totally agree.  

Was very impressed with JD's draft.  Becton...Mims...Davis...Zuniga...Perine and Hall.  Can't wait to see them play.   

I'd also like to see how the FA additions turn out this season.  Especially see how much the OL has improved.  And Desir at the corner.   How the trade that landed McDougald works out.  

UDFAs Like Cager...Huff, etc too.

Oops...almost forgot...excited to see a big breakout season from Darnold. 

Life can suck...not be very fair.  Like it is right now.  That stuff shows up on the football field too.   Violent...graceful..unpredictable too.  

Yea...I'm looking forward to some football::GoJets:

• Upvote 1

I am the most excited I’ve been for a Jets season in a while. Idk I feel like this team has a decent chance to be good. I’ve got so much going on in my life right now that reading about and enjoying football and football discussion is a welcome break. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Has all that's happened changed your passion/interest/excitement for football this year?

Before the other pro sports returned, I was VERY excited about ANY Sports starting up, including the Jets and the NFL.

Now that MLB is back and I'm watching those games every night, my excitement for the NFL is back to normal, average levels. 

Pretty high, but nothing special or above average for 2020 per se.

• Upvote 1