Training Camp Tweets 8/14

kdels62

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

These are soft tissue "injuries" and they're going to be very cautious with these types of things early on.  I wouldn't be worried about it. 

I would. Any hamstring injury is something to be worried about. Those things always linger and take a while to heal fully. And a rookie with no previous camp experience. Mannnnnn

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Sounds to me like the training staff is not properly stretching these guys with all this soft tissue injuries... That's the most basic part of training if you want to avoid those type of injuries.

Their a professional sports team, I doubt their skimping on stretches. 
I’m just chalking it up to typical Jets luck. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Their a professional sports team, I doubt their skimping on stretches. 
I’m just chalking it up to typical Jets luck. 

sorry that's not luck, that's misfortune lol... and who care whether their a pro sports team... Not enough stretching or improper stretching often leads to these types of injuries...

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm guessing LT because in an earlier tweet it looks like he was playing next to Lewis who is our LG. 

GVR is also a LG, and Lewis has experience at RT so playing him on the right isn't completely unfathomable.  It's a good "guess," but so is the other one.  I cant believe this isn't a bigger talking point for the media; he's our first round pick 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

My guess is that many here will ignore the play by Q and focus on Becton's failure

That fact Q looks quick far outweighs Becton’s learning curve. Nice to see Q school the rookie. It’s only going to get harder as time go’s on, might as well get some while he still can..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed.  That area in the late 4th round where they got QB James Morgan and OL Cameron Clark seemed like a good area to dip into WR again.....  Antonio Gandy Golden, Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones were all available and worthy of a Day 3 pick.

I can't judge Joe D right now though.  In hindsight that selection of Ashytn Davis was a bit of a hedge scratcher, although we knew it was a hedge against Jamal Adams and/or Marcus Maye departing and it seems to have been a good call.  So we'll let this play out and see if guys like Cager or another addition not yet on the team can step up at WR.

I was pulling for Devin Duvernay when we were on the clock for the Zuniga pick, who is hurt once again. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Can you find Becton in this picture?

I think he's going to need to improve his knee bend in the huddle to hear Sam.  Too much from the waist.

E_SR520748

@Greenseed4 Looks like he's lined up at LT in this picture which was ironically posted right after you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

That area in the late 4th round where they got QB James Morgan and OL Cameron Clark seemed like a good area to dip into WR again.....  Antonio Gandy Golden, Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones were all available and worthy of a Day 3 pick

Passing on a chance to grab WR Antonio Gandy-Golden instead going for a developmental QB, James Morgan seems like a head scratcher. Yeah, we need roster depth but expecting to catch lightening in a bottle with Breshad Perriman and have him replace Anderson's production seems like wishful thinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

sorry that's not luck, that's misfortune lol... and who care whether their a pro sports team... Not enough stretching or improper stretching often leads to these types of injuries...

And so does running full speed for the first practices

They happen all the time, to every team

But hey, lets panic

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Passing on a chance to grab WR Antonio Gandy-Golden instead going for a developmental QB, James Morgan seems like a head scratcher. Yeah, we need roster depth but expecting to catch lightening in a bottle with Breshad Perriman and have him replace Anderson's production seems like wishful thinking.

Which sounds good because people are panicked over training camp strains.

When the QB goes down and we need a QB down the road it will be we should have drafted a QB

• Upvote 3