Becton vs. Jenkins

KRL

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I thought this was a theoretical match up between Becton and Kris Jenkins. 

Daddy Jenks healthy and in his prime would destroy him. Too bad that was a 17 minute window of time.

I 100% thought the same when I saw the thread title.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I 100% thought the same when I saw the thread title.

You were not alone haha. As a rookie he'd get destroyed, if he reaches his ceiling that would be an epic matchup to watch at that point in hypothetical time lol. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:
3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I thought this was a theoretical match up between Becton and Kris Jenkins. 

Daddy Jenks healthy and in his prime would destroy him. Too bad that was a 17 minute window of time.

Let’s wait and see what Becton in his prime will be, then we can make a comparison of who beats who. Hoping we’ll look back in 10 years and give the nod to Becton. 

• Upvote 1

He looks good but it’s going to be a process with him. He’s used to dominating and that’s not gonna happen in the NFL at least not for a while. Power rushers will get met with a wall. It’s the speed rushers I want to see him go against. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:36 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Can we borrow a Bosa for a couple practices? Jenkins is completely outmatched.

Eh, looks like he may have a thing or two he can teach him...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Holding

14 hours ago, PS17 said:

So eeeeeasy. Man I’m excited about Becton.

He has to learn to grab the jersey to the inside of shoulder by the pecs. Hoping he has strong enough hands to hold on

When Bosa comes to Town I’d protect to the inside and when he goes outside use those long arms to push him way outside off his direct route

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I still think it will be a mistake to start him at LT this year.

He looks very raw and, by most accounts, isn’t have a great camp. 

he’s clearly a huge man, with superior strength, but I wouid surely worry about him being ready to consistently protect Sam’s blind side.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

he’s clearly a huge man, with superior strength, but I wouid surely worry about him being ready to consistently protect Sam’s blind side.  

It would be helpful if the lame stream sports reporters would give detailed information on how Fant has been looking in camp. Hoping Becton can be ready to start at LT but the stunts and off- balanced sets the “D” coordinators will throw at him might confuse the young pup. All it takes is one missed assignment and Sammy could be on the sideline again. I’d personally go 2 TE sets for the few games as a precaution. 
Keep Wesco or Griffin beside him to give Bosa a “chip” or power block for Bell/Gore

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why are Jet fans always such pussies? Belichick traded a 6th round pick for Trent Brown & started him at LT. 

We drafted a 6-8" 360 Lb athletic mountain man, with the nickname BIG TICKET, and we have fans who don't want to start him at the position we drafted him for? There are numerous ways to help a tackle, TE chips, keeping in a RB, moving the pocket, I mean my god! Let's get him in there so he can develop into the blind side monster we expect him to be when we're perennial playoff participants over the next 10 years of Sams career! 

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Man, you just make it up as you go along dont you

By all accounts he was having a really good camp.  Haven read a single thing about him struggling.  Everyone talks highly of him.  Wasn't he listed as one of the stars of the first week of camp?  But without seeing a single live play, you disagree? 

Too many negative cliches.  Becton looks raw.  Quinnen doesnt have a burst.  Bell has lost a step...  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

image.gif.06877790e4db2a96b2d1ab1dbcf0df43.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Yeah, lets put our FQB in the blindside hands of Fant and Edoga. You put your most dominant lineman on the blindside rookie or not.

As a LT it is very likely Fant is more dominant right now than Becton. It is not an insult to put him at RT where not only will he be more effective but also allow for a dominant right side for the run.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a lie

• Sympathy 2