JA

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

On NFL live, claims that towards the end of last year he went into a “deep depression” and that none of it was about money.  ???

the dude is seriously delusional. I hope Seattle loves dealing with him now that even Budda Baker got paid!

First, I won't comment about whether he truly has Depression, which is a serious thing for some people.  But if he doesn't and was getting depressed towards the end of last year just as the team is making a turn and finishing 6-2, that's odd.  I didn't hear the interview but I'd be interested in the context of this.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Is that”deep depression” as in bad mood or is the broadcast talking medical depression. If the latter, that’s serious. And should not be part of a talk show discussion. 

I do think JA has some issues. I’ll use a medical term — he’s a whack job.  And I think Seattle made a mistake in the trade because of it. But telling the world he has depression is just wrong.  

Maybe the show was just being chatty. After all, I get deeply depressed when the Jets lose. But exchanging messages on a fan site is not the same as a tv broadcast. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Depressed that he knew the team was destined to be darnold’s and that they weren’t going to pay him.  It was less about winning, more about these two realities.  

There's probably some truth in this.  A team without a talented QB or other talented players will often overpay to keep their one, shiny, jersey-selling player as the face of the franchise because they need someone to sell tickets.  Nothing would be better for Jamal's individual accolades and bank account then remaining the best player on a mediocre team that has little other talent to pay.  He could have played the victim card on Twitter for years, making the Pro Bowl and saying, "Look at me....suffering here with the Jets and single-handedly getting them 3 more wins than they should have in another 8-8 season," just before he runs off to cash another $1M game check.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's probably some truth in this.  A team without a talented QB or other talented players will often overpay to keep their one, shiny, jersey-selling player as the face of the franchise because they need someone to sell tickets.  Nothing would be better for Jamal's individual accolades and bank account then remaining the best player on a mediocre team that has little other talent to pay.  He could have played the victim card on Twitter for years, making the Pro Bowl and saying, "Look at me....suffering here with the Jets and single-handedly getting them 3 more wins than they should have in another 8-8 season," just before he runs off to cash another $1M game check.

I think he was upset by two things: 1. Zero Jets players got his back during his tirade and 2. His whining barely made a ripple in the national news. He wanted Terrell Owens-type news cycles dedicated to him and the team doing well completely overshadowed his personal grievances. Straight up narcissist sh*t. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he was upset by two things: 1. Zero Jets players got his back during his tirade and 2. His whining barely made a ripple in the national news. He wanted Terrell Owens-type news cycles dedicated to him and the team doing well completely overshadowed his personal grievances. Straight up narcissist sh*t. 

A narcissistic, diva Box Safety.  Oh what a gift to the world.

If you're going to behave like Jamal, at least be a WR.  Or even a CB1, like Jalen Ramsey.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he already knew that very few on the team had his back, which is why he felt comfortable blasting his way out.  He knew it wasn’t his team and wasn’t going to be his team.  In fact, i think he was miffed that he wasn’t the actual leader of the defense in the locker room either.  We’re now seeing guys like Jenkins and maye be more vocal, guys who for all we know had more locker room cred the past few years.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

takes one to know one

• Haha 2