Quinnen Williams: Zero pressure today against 2nd team OL

Of course we get the #3 pick instead of #2 and Nick Bosa, so we can draft another in the long lineage of Dline busts. 

Big Mac would never reach for Josh Allen at that point, since Mel Kiper didnt have him as his best player available

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Soooo... after the last ten years, did we learn anything? 

The next time Daniel Jeremiah and friends rank some jobber DT as their defactor no1 talent in the draft... you guys won't start the circle jerk, yet again.... right?

Who am i kidding. This is JN.

Personally I wanted Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, or to trade down.  Don't blame me!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m DYING to know what dumbass team (allegedly) approached Douglas with a massive offer of picks for Quinnen last year and I pray to sweet Jesus that they’re still that thirsty for a porky bust.

Hateful 

• Sympathy 1

If we were to assume Quinnen is a bust, that puts Macc's bust rate at 53 % (18/34).  If not its still 50 %.  With more busts to come if the likes of Nathan Shepherd, Chris Herndon, Chuma Edoga, Trevon Wesco and Blake Cashman don't end up working out.  

Pathetic considering he was picking in the top 6 picks in four of his five drafts.

Compare that to the Ravens, who in that span picked 6th, 16th, 25th, 25th, and 26th.

Their bust rate?  32 % (15/47).  

The draft is not a crap shoot.  It's poker.  And Macc was the sucker at every table.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Of course we get the #3 pick instead of #2 and Nick Bosa, so we can draft another in the long lineage of Dline busts. 

Big Mac would never reach for Josh Allen at that point, since Mel Kiper didnt have him as his best player available

Yeah, but the team learned how to win against Buffalo, so it was totally worth it. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah and Sam's had a year head start

QW is 22 years old 

for context Nathan Shepherd is almost 27 

Steve mcClendon is 34 and spent his first 2 years on and off the steelers practice squad 

there are very few "insta-good" Defensive linemen at the age of 22

That's true.

Of course, then you shouldn't use a super high 1st rounder on one, and pay him 7.4 million (cap number) to learn the position. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You missed the giant thread where we were debating things like rooting for losses when you know the season is over so you can get a better draft pick and what constitutes a "real fan".

I thought that was an ok thread 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If we were to assume Quinnen is a bust, that puts Macc's bust rate at 53 % (18/34).  If not its still 50 %.  With more busts to come if the likes of Nathan Shepherd, Chris Herndon, Chuma Edoga, Trevon Wesco and Blake Cashman don't end up working out.  

Pathetic considering he was picking in the top 6 picks in four of his five drafts.

Compare that to the Ravens, who in that span picked 6th, 16th, 25th, 25th, and 26th.

Their bust rate?  32 % (15/47).  

The draft is not a crap shoot.  It's poker.  And Macc was the sucker at every table.

warren Buffet has a saying.... when at a card game, look around for the Patsy. if you don’t see him, it’s probably you.  MAC and Idzik have set this team back 10 years.. Tanny sucks too. LARGE contracts to Mark and Santonio.  GM is the most important position on a team and we sucked at it .  Thanks Woody..... 

• Upvote 2

Josh Andrews, baby!!!

Funny. I struggled to remember his nsme when I replied earlier or I would have dumped that sh*t right on your desk!

Don’t forget Harrison is in there on the 2nd team too bub.
And Andrews better F’in be good with van roten going down today.
  • Upvote 1