Donte Moncrief to the Jets

mrcoops

17 hours ago, ljr said:

what is the deal with him ... why the generally low production? ... why's he bounced around so much? ... is it just the stone hands?  I'd think for #4 WR money with where we stand right now it's worth it

https://clutchpoints.com/panthers-news-carolina-cuts-wr-donte-moncrief/

https://overthecap.com/player/donte-moncrief/3029/

Donte Moncreif stinks.  He gets overrated because 5 years ago he had a 700 yard season because Luck had no one else to throw to for an entire season.

Other than that he hasn’t even been mediocre

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Donte Moncreif stinks.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=Zy0Ya

21 career touchdown receptions since 2014.  Crowder has 20 during same time frame of 2014, when Moncrief got drafted, to the end of the the 2019 season.

Your silly idea that Moncrief stinks is inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=Zy0Ya

21 career touchdown receptions since 2014.  Crowder has 20 during same time frame of 2014, when Moncrief got drafted, to the end of the the 2019 season.

Your silly idea that Moncrief stinks is inaccurate.

He does stink.  He had one ok year because Luck had no one else to throw to.  Enjoy watching the 3 and outs with Moncreif and Hogan

3 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Sign everyone off the scrap heap and see what sticks. Dez, Demarius Thomas, Moncrief. At this point we have no choice. Should have drafted a WR instead of James Morgan.

No we shouldn't have.  We had signed Doctson, Perriman, and drafted Mims.  That was two former first rounders and a highly-touted second rounder.  James Morgan was a VERY good QB prospect.  It never hurts spending draft capital on a good QB prospect. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

No we shouldn't have.  We had signed Doctson, Perriman, and drafted Mims.  That was two former first rounders and a highly-touted second rounder.  James Morgan was a VERY good QB prospect.  It never hurts spending draft capital on a good QB prospect. 

Figured ohhthepain would disagree with that.

5 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

So I take it perhaps the 7th spot would be between Smith and Cager and the loser would go on the PS squad. We should keep 7 WRs since we have too many injuries and depth issues there. 

Smith will NOT last on a practice squad.  He is hurt.  If he weren't we wouldn't be hearing all this bullsh*t.  He didn't last on Houston's practice squad and he wouldn't last on ours.  That doesn't mean he is a quality NFL starter, but he has way too much potential to stash.  More likely short term IR

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Keep an eye on Deontay Burnett possibly being released by the Eagles. All reports are that he is having a bang up summer, but the Eagles are going to have a tough time fitting him.

I wouldn't bother.  I keep saying this, but Deontay Burnett is pretty much a slot only option and we have not been hit with injuries at slot.  I think they are set there unless anything happens to Berrios or Crowder.  Burnett is also not a burner and these guys seem to be looking at size/speed prospects.  He adds nothing on specials, which is why the Eagles, who are not exactly loaded at WR, are going to have a tough time fitting him.  Maccagnan signed him for 2019.  Gase had him all camp and he was available most of the year and it doesn't seem they looked at him again.

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

why would a solid vet like hogan be behind malone and chesson?

Why was Hogan on the street in August when those guys were on roster? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can see Darnold dropping dimes to Donte like this.

You watch that play and you see offense.  I watch that play and I see our new secondary getting torched.  #35 Desir and #32 Malet.  #29 is Malik Hooker.  I guess our other studs, Farley, Wilson and Hairston were on the other side of the field.  We sure loaded up on Colts DBs.  Some of it was probably Eberflus not liking the same guys as his predecessor, but man I hope Rex Hogan is right about these guys.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Holy mother of god...was he bad in that Sunday night game against New England. 

Worst game ever by a wide receiver. Has to be. 

If you watch to the end of the game, they have highest drop percentage.  Moncrief is #1, and Perriman #3.  Bright side is that I think it was through only 3 games. 

I guess they felt D. Thomas is too old. Though he was pretty decent for us last year.

Or... D Thomas didn’t like his stay here and would rather stay away. Meh

He played at half speed anyway. I’d rather montcrief and hogan to be frank. I would have liked Kevin white but such is stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’m going to complain about everything until Hardy is signed or  unavailable

Guess it is a size/speed thing based on who they are bringing in.  I expected the 49ers to sign him because of the Shanahan connection, but they went with Kevin White.  I thought White was going to be on that Jamarcus Russell style workout but never get signed tour.