I’d take Rex in a heartbeat right now

Viermoo

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Cotchery.  Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Calvin Pace on defense. 

That's as good of a core as a new HC can ask for.  RB is a plug n play position, and we all know WR's look pretty good when a QB has time to throw.

I mean hell, the team went 9-7 the season before Rex Ryan arrived.  This wasn't the sisters of the poor he inherited.

Kellen Clemens and Chansi Stuckey.  GTFO

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was a near perfect roster aside from the QB.  He failed as soon as the roster took a downturn.  He also failed in Buffalo with a very good roster, Greg Roman as his OC and a decent QB in Tyrod Taylor.  

F**k Rex.

Johnson failed.  Johnson is clueless.  Johnson failed with Mangini and he failed with Rex because Johnson does not know how to manage anything or anyone.

With a coach like Rex as an owner you must understand his abilities.

1. Rex is a good in game coach, especially for defense

2. Rex is a good motivator and players love and respond to him.

3. Rex is entertaining and fans and the medial love him.

4. Rex is an emotional reactionary.  You never, Ever, NEVER let that type of coach make roster/personnel decisions.  As an owner, you make sure such a HC is backed up by a strong GM.  In the Rex's case, they gave him more and more power and Tanny was known to be a total push-over.   A smart owner would have kept Rex away from the roster for his own good.  It was the decline of the roster that lead to Rex failing.  

Same deal with Mangini.  Good personnel administrator but a poor in game coach and a poor motivator.  With such a HC, you let them sit at the top, administrate to the OC and DC and you let them build the roster.  You make sure such a coach is backed up by experienced and proven OC and DC.  Woody did not handle that smartly either.

Few men alive can do it all.  Perhaps Belichick and one or two others, but not many. 

As an owner you must realize this.  Know what you have and who you have and guide them properly.  Back them up for their own good and let them contribute as per their best abilities.

Woody cant do that.  

Neither can CJ.  He was DUPED by Gase.  TOTALLY DUPED

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There was a Super Bowl winning HC available - that wanted to come here...

Yet, once again, our fans shunned him in favor of a guy that was just fired within our division for not just losing but also alienating his best players with his personality disorder....

Rex Ryan was not the answer.

Rex Ryan went to Buffalo and was fired.

I really like Rex. He is a much better HC than Gase. But that is more of an indictment on Gase, the former GM and ownership.

It's really easy to remember Rex's first 2 seasons and not the last 4 because they were a trainwreck

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL, Mark Sanchez is 10x the quarterback Sam Darnold is right now, and we saw Rex Ryan with a bad roster in 2012, 2013, and 2014 and it didn't end well.

Rex inherited some nice players.  Adam didn't.

SAR I

Have you seen Sanchez play? I doubt it. Rex inherited grandpas and a 9-7 team with under center Favre. 

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Rex Ryan was not the answer.

Rex Ryan went to Buffalo and was fired.

I really like Rex. He is a much better HC than Gase. But that is more of an indictment on Gase, the former GM and ownership.

It's really easy to remember Rex's first 2 seasons and not the last 4 because they were a trainwreck

Rex had Sanchez and Geno as his QBs. Curious to know how many HCs hit homeruns with any of those 2 QBs. 

3 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Rex had Sanchez and Geno as his QBs. Curious to know how many HCs hit homeruns with any of those 2 QBs. 

They extended Sanchez.

Rex even got a tattoo of his wife wearing his jersey.

If Rex didn't think the kid was his problem, why should we?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Because ownership are a bunch of buffoons.

Rhule and kingsbury probably would have come, the jury is out on them obviously  but coaches will come here.

I sincerely doubt Kingsbury would have come here.  Rhule, yes, but like you say, the owners were buffoons and screwed it up.  Just like they do at every turn.

If Douglas can be given full say on the next hire, I'll believe we can hire a quality HC.  If the Johnson's are ultimately in charge, nah.  They'll f**k it up.

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Have you seen Sanchez play? I doubt it. Rex inherited grandpas and a 9-7 team with under center Favre. 

Oh, so then Mark Sanchez was the greatest quarterback in Jets history, one who carried the old defense and old offense to Manning-like heights?

LOL.  You can't have it both ways.  Can't say Sanchez sucked and was carried by the defense without being able to say that if the defense didn't carry Sanchez then Sanchez carried the D.

Nice try though.

SAR I

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Mark Sanchez was the best Jet on the field in back-to-back AFC Championship Games.  We'd be in great shape with Mark Sanchez '09 or '10 leading this team under Adam Gase right now.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Douglas can be given full say on the next hire, I'll believe we can hire a quality HC.  If the Johnson's are ultimately in charge, nah.  They'll f**k it up.

Of course they will. You know how they love giving their GM's reach arounds.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I would take Rex over Gase in a heartbeat but that's not saying much.  

Yeah people are acting like we’re saying Rex is the GOAT coach.  No he’s simply better than this inept buffoon we have now who thinks he’s God’s gift to offense but can’t get out of being ranked 31st

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I sincerely doubt Kingsbury would have come here.  Rhule, yes, but like you say, the owners were buffoons and screwed it up.  Just like they do at every turn.

Can the Rhule ball washers relax?  He lost yesterday with a way better roster than what we have now

3 hours ago, Viermoo said:

Say what you want about him. He took a team with a terrible QB to two AFC championships in a row. Not only that but, players loved giving their all for him. 

I would also and honestly I think he'll be considered for the job when Gase is fired. Rex is a better HC than the two yahoos we've had since put together. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Viermoo said:

Say what you want about him. He took a team with a terrible QB to two AFC championships in a row. Not only that but, players loved giving their all for him. 

I would also and honestly I think he'll be considered for the job when Gase is fired. Rex is a better HC than the two yahoos we've had since put together. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

There was a Super Bowl winning HC available - that wanted to come here...

Yet, once again, our fans shunned him in favor of a guy that was just fired within our division for not just losing but also alienating his best players with his personality disorder....

LOL who shunned McCarthy in favor of Gase? Nobody wanted Gase.

That was a near perfect roster aside from the QB.  He failed as soon as the roster took a downturn.  He also failed in Buffalo with a very good roster, Greg Roman as his OC and a decent QB in Tyrod Taylor.  
F**k Rex.
The players loved him...they did not demand to get traded even if they wanted money. The players gave him 100 percent effort and he took accountability when the team played poorly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Viermoo said:

The solution to the current problem is always to go back to a previous problem. Science.

• Haha 1

Rex and Sanchez gave us the best two years of Jets football in the last 20 years.  That earns them some respect in my book.

Chris Johnson said Adam Gase was coaching where football was going.  As each game gets played, that statement is ringing more and more ridiculous.  Uptight, inflexible anti-social white guy from Michigan is coaching where football is going?   Really?

The NFL is in the entertainment business.  The number of double-digit losses and uncompetitive Adam Gase coached games is staggering.  That is what gets him fired.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1