Bart Scott post game grades

AFJF

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We have seen some bad teams the last 10 years. But never this bad.

Not even close.  SNY just flashed a graphic saying 9 of last 11 losses by double-digits.

Forget about a win.  This team is going to have a hard time not getting their doors blown off.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We have seen some bad teams the last 10 years. But never this bad.

The Jets are not as bad as you think. Like I said prior to the season the Jets will be something like 5-11 this season. A record like that won't be the worst in the league. They'll be picking top 10 but not the number one pick.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The Jets are not as bad as you think. Like I said prior to the season the Jets will be something like 5-11 this season. A record like that won't be the worst in the league. They'll be picking top 10 but not the number one pick.

Of course they will. Gase will have his late heroic run against teams who are already out of the playoffs or already in the playoffs to make sure they ruin their draft position and save his job because the team really came together to 'win games late in the year'. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

They’re the literal worst team in the league.  They managed to score 1 touchdown against a team missing 4 top end starters.  They won’t be winning more than 2-3 games tops.

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The Jets are that bad!  What I believe you may mean, If I can be so bold to know what you think, is that the Jets will improve enough to win a few games this year.  

Right now, they are not good enough to beat ANY team in the NFL.  No-one!!

The question is not are they the worst team, because they are the worst team.

The question is "Can they improve enough to get 5 wins?"  I agree that the Jets will improve, and will beat a couple of teams, but will they improve enough to get 5 wins?

Right now, I don't believe it is in them to win even 5 games this year.  Right now, I would have to go with 2 wins.

17 minutes ago, heymangold said:

They’re the literal worst team in the league.  They managed to score 1 touchdown against a team missing 4 top end starters.  They won’t be winning more than 2-3 games tops.

Get your facts straight. The 49ers were missing 5 starters going into the game. They lost 4 more starters over the course of the game and they still sh*t all over the Jets. They're also NOT the worst team in the league. They will be something like 5-11, 4-12, maybe 6-10.....

Did anyone see Patrick Mahomes on that State Farm commercial during the game? He threw the ball better with his eyes closed and backwards than what I saw today, and his WR was a cardboard box, which was also better than what I saw today. This will be somewhat problematic for the Jets when Mahomes suits up and is throwing the ball with his eyes open and forwards to people and not cardboard boxes.

14 minutes ago, Alka said:

The Jets are that bad!  What I believe you may mean, If I can be so bold to know what you think, is that the Jets will improve enough to win a few games this year.  

Right now, they are not good enough to beat ANY team in the NFL.  No-one!!

The question is not are they the worst team, because they are the worst team.

The question is "Can they improve enough to get 5 wins?"  I agree that the Jets will improve, and will beat a couple of teams, but will they improve enough to get 5 wins?

Right now, I don't believe it is in them to win even 5 games this year.  Right now, I would have to go with 2 wins.

You are what your record says you are. The Jets will manage to win something like 4, 5, or 6 games.

33 minutes ago, Larz said:

Management sent a message when they traded Adams instead of paying him 

“winning really isn’t our thing and we don’t reward performance “

these guys are going through the motions 

So some folks have been crying about Adams and Anderson.

Tell me, is the result in Week 1 and 2 different if we still have Adams and Anderson?

You know things are bad--or that you've finally reached the point of not giving two f*cks--when you don't even watch the post game show.  The Ray Lucas rant was a can't miss for me after every game no matter what.  Now?   Haven't watched it once and really don't care about it at all.   Maybe for you young guys.