Would you have made these moves instead?

Resign Robby. Draft Juedy/Lamb at 11. Trade for Trent Williams for the 5th and 3rd in ‘21. 

Draft Mims or Claypool at 48. Do everything else the same. 

Robby, Juedy, Mims, Crowder. 
Trent Williams instead of Becton. Draft Trents replacement next year. 

GMing is easy. Only problem is, they’d prob still suck with Gase here. 

Re-signing Robbie should have been handled better than it was considering our weakness at WR and his familiarity with Darnold. My only issue was overpaying him. 

Becton was the right choice our OL was terrible. 

The questionable pick was James Morgan 4th round when we could have drafted another much needed WR. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Resign Robby. Draft Juedy/Lamb at 11. Trade for Trent Williams for the 5th and 3rd in ‘21. 

Resign Robby, yes.  I would have also tried to sign Brandin Cooks or Randall Cobb instead of Perriman.  Hell, I'd take Nelson Agholor over Breshard bust.

Lamb at 11, no.  Becton was the right pick and I loved what he did and still landed Mims.  tbd if that paid off but I was very high on Mims so I'm not changing the 1st 2 rounds.  I would have doubled down at WR and taken Bryan Edwards and David Duvernay in the 3rd or passed on James Morgan for Gabriel Davis.  Either way, come away with 2 WR's out of the draft.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Re-signing Robbie should have been handled better than it was considering our weakness at WR and his familiarity with Darnold. My only issue was overpaying him. 

Becton was the right choice our OL was terrible. 

The questionable pick was James Morgan 4th round when we could have drafted another much needed WR. 

Or we could've drafted a WR in the 3rd instead of Ashtyn Davis.  (Though I don't know if there was anyone worth taking at that spot).

We all knew Adams was going to be a problem way before he was dealt. We should have traded him before the draft which was rich at WR in the first.

Trade Adams to Dallas for a package that included # 18 overall and resigned Robby.

Becton at 11 and Cee Deez Nutz at 18 would have been a hell of a 1st round. Then Mims as well in the 2nd.

Robby, Cee Dee, Mims and Crowder would have been sweet!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Only thing I would have done at the time was keep RA. I wanted LT at 11 and had Becton as my #2 LT, I wanted nothing to do with Trent Williams. Had Mims ranked higher than Claypool so would have taken him.

I wouldn't change anything about rounds 1 & 2. Love Becton and still have hopes for Mims. I would have re-signed Robby and drafted another WR over Zuniga (I really wanted Gabe Davis, and looks like he's off to a good start in Buffalo).

Didn't want anything to do with Trent Williams as that would just be kicking the can down the road. They needed to find a cornerstone piece for the OL and looks like Becton might be the guy.

I would have kept Robby and looked to sign another WR as well. Perriman would have made more sense as a #3 option alongside Robby and Crowder, not as a primary target.

But it's all moot anyway, because Gase blows.

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We all knew Adams was going to be a problem way before he was dealt. We should have traded him before the draft which was rich at WR in the first.

Trade Adams to Dallas for a package that included # 18 overall and resigned Robby.

Becton at 11 and Cee Deez Nutz at 18 would have been a hell of a 1st round. Then Mims as well in the 2nd.

Robby, Cee Dee, Mims and Crowder would have been sweet!!!

This. I was also clamoring to get that Dallas pick for Jamal. OT and WR in round 1.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Resign Robby.

No.

Draft Juedy/Lamb at 11.

Yes, as I said at the time (Juedy).

Trade for Trent Williams for the 5th and 3rd in ‘21.

No.

Yes, maybe.  I wanted a 2nd WR that was gone by our 2nd round pick.

GMing is easy. 

If only...

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your version would lose us Becton, so I dismissed it immediately.  There's no greater "weapon" for a QB than a dominant franchise LT.

I guess if you don’t like Sam then might as well tank it and get your guy and get another WR another way. Through trade with Seattle’s pick or take one there. 

Even in hindsight it’s hard to see how they could’ve passed on Becton.  Sure they may have been able to get Juedy but would he still be playing with the jets after year 5 given the way wr’s turn into divas? Becton is going to be a block of granite for the next 10 years or more.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think so.  I really haven’t been following but I don’t think jeudy has been lighting it up so far.  Damien Woody said that Becton is already one of the top LTs in the game!  The question turns to what we do in the 21 draft, QB(Lawrence or Fields), WR (Chase) or T (Sewell).

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Even in hindsight it’s hard to see how they could’ve passed on Becton.  Sure they may have been able to get Juedy but would he still be playing with the jets after year 5 given the way wr’s turn into divas? Becton is going to be a block of granite for the next 10 years or more.

That’s my only argument with it. An elite LT can outlast a coaching change with Gase and couple rebuild years. WR won’t last that long. 

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I don’t think so.  I really haven’t been following but I don’t think jeudy has been lighting it up so far.  Damien Woody said that Becton is already one of the top LTs in the game!  The question turns to what we do in the 21 draft, QB(Lawrence or Fields), WR (Chase) or T (Sewell).

Who you putting at RT if it’s Sewell?

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Resign Robby.  YES

Draft Juedy/Lamb at 11. NO. Draft Becton.

Trade for Trent Williams for the 5th and 3rd in ‘21. NO

Draft Mims or Claypool at 48. Do everything else the same. YES, still would have taken Mims.  Wouldn't have traded down.  Take him at 48.

But, I would have taken a second WR in the Draft.  Plenty quality prospects available in Rounds 4, 5, 6.

Issue is--and @Jetsfan80 is right about this--Robbie didn't want to come back. My quibble is with the posters who (1) claimed $15M was his ask and that (2) it was better to cut him loose.

And you can't hate on the Becton pick.  

I wish fans would apply half the consideration to how Darnold has performed in 2+ years as they do to JD.

• Upvote 1

Or still take Becton like we did and next year one of the number 1 picks has to be a very good WR prospect. Many times there is not the same level of LT talent from draft to draft, but definitely in this case you may have trouble duplicating the Becton prospect if he continues the way he is going.

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I would've re-signed Robby.

But about the draft, I'm just f*cking ecstatic and relieved that we have Becton now.

I would tried harder to re-sign Robby and I definitely would have taken another receiver in rounds 4 - 6.  I would not have wasted a pick on Quincy Wilson nor drafted James Morgan. 

18 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I would tried harder to re-sign Robby and I definitely would have taken another receiver in rounds 4 - 6.  I would not have wasted a pick on Quincy Wilson nor drafted James Morgan. 

I would've loved another WR, too, but I'm gonna at least wait until we see what becomes of James Morgan before I judge that pick. If he can develop into a good back-up or, better yet, can be flipped down the road for a 3rd+ round pick, then I'm okay with it.

The Quincy Wilson trade doesn't seem to being paying off for us much, but it was only a 6th round pick, and we did/ still do desperately need CB help. Can't say I knew much about Wilson when the trade happened.

• Upvote 2