JD has no idea what he’s doing

kevinc855

On 9/27/2020 at 10:59 PM, kevinc855 said:

Do you also believe the mafia killed JFK?

Instead of hopping on the GM is already bad train that is going down the tracks here. I'll take this opportunity for a hijack.

My answer:

No, but I don't think Oswald acted alone.

Just because you don't know what actually happened doesn't mean you have to sheepishly swallow the official story.

With the Lincoln assassination we have JWB acting alone that night in the theatre. However eight co-conspirators were tried four of whom were sentenced to hang for their part.

Oswald and the Magic bullet theory is quite far fetched but because it's the "official story" much of the "general public" doesn't really dig any deeper. Anyone who mentions that he may not have acted alone is thus labeled crazy, even though the business of assassination generally lends itself to a formal conspiracy.

The whole incident is mired in strangeness. Immediately after capture Oswald, while being transported, is shot and killed by Jack Ruby. It is speculated that Ruby had mafia ties. In the hours after his capture Ruby goes from composed enough to carry out the hit on Oswald to completely bats--- insane while in custody, screaming about demons coming after him. It is speculated he was dosed with an extremely high dose of a potent hallucinogen to induce a psychotic break. He died in a mental hospital in Dallas in 67. None of that really gives us anything solid but is none the less peculiar 

It is known that JFK was at odds with the JCOS, the military industrial complex, the Mafia, the CIA, the Russians, the Cubans and many others. JFK is quoted as saying something to the effect of that "he would fracture the CIA into a million pieces and scatter those pieces into the wind." Probably not a wise statement if you like breathing. A lot of people and organizations had motive.

Through the Freedom of Information Act and the governments own admission a lot of interested parties have been able to gain access to documentation that I'm sure many people and organizations holding power were rather we weren't privy to.

Documentation on:

Operation Mockingbird

Operation Paperclip

The Northwoods Documents

The Iran Contra Scandal (Oliver North/Manuel Noriega)

The MK Ultra projects (See : Senate Select Committee on Intelligence)

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident

And much more.

The world is not black and white, it is mostly grey area. Their are not good guys and bad guys but rather mostly bad guys and indifferent guys seeking power towards their own interests.

I don't propose there is anything we can do with this knowledge other than know it. I'd rather have a realistic worldview than be a sheep with a cozy clean cut view on things.

On that note:

quora-sign-in-open-in-app-what-is-a-clever-65194262.png.8c10b889e8ce68daa7b244dd2d9db007.png

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

With the exception of Morgan, which may very well have been a pick to disrupt the Patriots, each pick was actually quite thought out and rational. 

He also knew Darnold isn't the guy.  Hence the Morgan pick.  At minimum he has a cheap QB2 thru 2023, with the hope/upside of something more than a QB2.

New regimes always mean new QB's.  People fail to understand this at every turn.  

On 9/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, kevinc855 said:

Again.....tell me I’m wrong or maybe it’s because I sit behind the field goal area and watched some dude who never kicked in Metlife before miss easy kicks that cost us the bills jets opener 

Yeah, amongst the tragedies that have been Jets GM moves, signing a kicker at a garage sale after you have been handed the GM job a few weeks before the season opener just doesn't rank up there in my top ten.

Sorry.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:31 AM, kevinc855 said:

Keep trusting in that “process” you had advocated for the last 5 GMs. Keep getting pumped about draft day in the spring. I will get pumped when we actually win some games 

Ironically, we won't actually win some games until we start winning at the draft.  Cut and dry.  

48 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, amongst the tragedies that have been Jets GM moves, signing a kicker at a garage sale after you have been handed the GM job a few weeks before the season opener just doesn't rank up there in my top ten.

Sorry.

He came on in May not August. Get a kicker before the season starts. Not a hard task

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry.

No, that was a bad job by JD.  Legit bad and concerning.

This was a guy that was missing all pre-season.  He didn't even have competition and he went on to miss two makable FG's in week 1 and cost them the week 1 victory.  He was replaced by week 2.  

GM needs to be better than that.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's a good thing we had such a deep roster we could use picks on luxuries like back up QBs and punters.

BINGO!! When I said during the draft I was told those were great picks.  I really could not understand how we could WASTE a 4th rounder on a BACK UP quarterback when we needed to add more weapons to help Darnold, not draft his competition.   I wasn't crazy on the punter either but he at least was the best player at his position in the country so I could at least tolerate it but I am still pissed we passed over several receivers in the 4th round to take Morgan.  

• Upvote 1

This is a ridiculous thread. So typical of Jets fans crying that the sky is falling. Get over yourselves.

Joe Douglas, through his own observations, recognized that the Jets were broken EVERYWHERE. He couldn't possibly fix all of the teams needs in one offseason. He knew he had his work cut out for him. Just like every football purist recognizes, you build a football team from the OL out. That's how you build an offense.It's a very logical approach. He's going to continue to build the team with after he fixes the OL. weight

I don't fault JD for starting with the OL. I blame him for the specific selections he made. Right now his entire FA pull looks like GARBAGE. McGovern, GVR, and Fant have NOT pulled their weight. That's the issue, but the approach is spot on.

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This is a ridiculous thread. So typical of Jets fans crying that the sky is falling. Get over yourselves.

Joe Douglas, through his own observations, recognized that the Jets were broken EVERYWHERE. He couldn't possibly fix all of the teams needs in one offseason. He knew he had his work cut out for him. Just like every football purist recognizes, you build a football team from the OL out. That's how you build an offense.It's a very logical approach. He's going to continue to build the team with after he fixes the OL. weight

I don't fault JD for starting with the OL. I blame him for the specific selections he made. Right now his entire FA pull looks like GARBAGE. McGovern, GVR, and Fant have NOT pulled their weight. That's the issue, but the approach is spot on.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Really? So Davis is not promising, or Clark, or Hall? Every pick after round two could be categorized as suspect for every team. 

Davis supposedly pick 6’d Sam in the scrimmage.  Hasn’t played at all in actual games and in the couple plays he was on the field he looked bad.  I dunno.  I liked the pick I think perhaps he just needs to learn some things

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry.

Vedvik was probably a Gase move.  Ditto for Kalil

What he said tho....is it wrong? 

Sure it’s wrong. Is JD calling the plays? Why is it that we are under using the TE’s when we have almost no healthy wideouts?

Is it JD that only had one play to a WR for 3rd and 1 but couldn’t use it because perriman got hurt?
He got gase the guys he wanted and gase can’t use them. Just like gase can’t figure out how to use one of the most versatile RBs in the league.

This is silliness

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Shall we ignore the 10 million investment last year in a washed up center and not able to get a kicker by opening day that cost us wins? 

More silliness.
That wasn’t a big FA signing. It was a desperation move, the only one out there, to try and address the misgivings of his predecessor.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I always wondered maybe the sky isn't falling for Jets fans. Hell is just rising.

• Haha 1

Douglas is doing just fine. Sure people will look at cap space and want to spend it on this player or that. As we have seen on numerous occasions simply spending the cap on players like Trumaine or wilky or even bell and Mosley isn’t necessarily going to a winning move.  And money alone doesn’t bring top free agents over.

what Douglas has done is recognize the chief issue with the jets is the oline. The offense has been pretty bad for many seasons going back to Rex and it all starts with oline play. So this past draft they got Becton and Clark. Granted the rest of the new faces are pedestrian but they still equal or better than the guys they replaced. It’s just a matter of the line playing together and executing the plays. After the oline the offense needs reliable receivers and rbs that compliment the oline. Mims is the first piece but he needs to work through his injury and get on the field.  On defense Douglas cleaned out some deadwood and/or disruptive players. The dB positions need work but even there they need to learn how to play together.

the bottom line is Douglas does have a solid vision for this team. The only question is if the players they need are available and if the coaching can meld them into a team.  Much as gase currently looks bad because the team isn’t playing well, it will only take a couple of successes to turn a lot of the mess around.

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No, that was a bad job by JD.  Legit bad and concerning.

This was a guy that was missing all pre-season.  He didn't even have competition and he went on to miss two makable FG's in week 1 and cost them the week 1 victory.  He was replaced by week 2.  

GM needs to be better than that.

Well thats not looking at what happened last year.  

JD has 1 draft and a little over a year in his 6 year deal. So what really could be done to get this team turned around in such a short amount of time? He traded Adams for a great return for a reason. So he deserves to see those picks through. 2 first rounders the next 2 years that’s a lot of great talent to be had to build the team he has in mind. I believe Gase is more a problem then JD.