Seattle, what would they get knowing what they now know

Alka

Interesting question, huh?  I think that Seattle would still give the Jets their first round pick for next year, but no way for the year after that.  Trading their 3rd round pick for our 4th round pick might have still been in the mix as well.

I still believe that Seattle is sold on Jamal Adams, but not in the same way as they once did.  They thought that Adams was the difference maker on their defense, which would allow them to be a "top 5" defense.  Sadly, he is not the difference maker that they thought he would be.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Seattle knew this is what they would be getting they would have laughed their asses off at the idea of giving up 2 1sts and a 3rd.  So far this trade has been very good for the Jets:

4BA8DC25-C22E-4A34-B919-0EB25771CF6A.jpeg.1ea2ea93416b67a8738f4555cb516513.jpeg

I hope they didn’t trade for him based on his coverage skills since his impact was mostly in the box. 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s possible his groin injury hampered him

if he’s playing like that in December then we can gloat 

I hear ya but he was getting straight up burned for TD's in weeks 1-3 as well. I believe the number was 3 TD's 2 additional long bombs before the buffalo game. He's having a tough time out there so far. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Seattle didn't make this trade to beat Buffalo week 9 

these are the types of non conf, non divisional games that even great, super bowl contending teams drop all the time 

they are 6-2 and leading their division by a game 

they end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 wins and NFC Champ game with NOS

if 33 makes a play in the playoffs it will be worth it to them 

and side note, go look at the recent Seahawks 1st round picks their late rd 1 picks are as historically terrible as our 2nds. 

they don't much care as a fan base no one regrets the trade 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Seattle didn't make this trade to beat Buffalo week 9 

these are the types of non conf, non divisional games that even great, super bowl contending teams drop all the time 

they are 6-2 and leading their division by a game 

they end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 wins and NFC Champ game with NOS

if 33 makes a play in the playoffs it will be worth it to them 

and side note, go look at the recent Seahawks 1st round picks their late rd 1 picks are as historically terrible as our 2nds. 

they don't much care as a fan base no one regrets the trade 

They have the worst pass defense in the league by a country mile and are giving up 362 passing yards/game. 

When he plays, Jamal Adams isn't making a difference for them

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

recent Seahawks draft history 

2020 1.27 LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech 

2019 1.29 DE LJ Collier, TCU

2018 1.28 RB Rashaad Penny, SDSU

2016 1.31 OG Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They have the worst pass defense in the league by a country mile and are giving up 362 passing yards/game. 

When he plays, Jamal Adams isn't making a difference for them

33 does more for the Seahawks than those draft picks

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Draft picks that make a difference on a team?

I’ve heard stories about that happening for teams, but I look around and I see Morgan, Zuniga, Davis, Mims, the Bryce guy, a punter and a LT that your grandmother knew was the ultimate no brainer pick at where we were.

Keep ripping Adams though. That late 1st next year and the other one a year later (actually = to a 2nd and a 3rd I’ve been told ?) will hopefully work out better than the picks we got for Leo.

Or maybe question our GM for not trading Adams before the draft, and maybe getting a player like Lamb. You know, someone who plays a position of need, gets on the field, and contributes?

• Thumb Down 5

Jamal Adams is what he is. A very talented box safety with excellent pass rushing skills and good football awareness. He is not a game changing player or a truly high impact player despite the sacks. He does not deserve to be in the conversation for highest paid safety and certainly not highest paid defensive player, but he should be in the very top tier of safeties. Will be interesting if Seattle retains him.

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So because they haven't drafted well in the past few years, they were right to give us two first round picks for a guy who doesn't really make any impact? 

This is irrespective of the large contract that Adams will be looking for. 

I don't know, I think we made out rather well. 

Jets have drafted badly for 10 years thus they had better go all George Allen and get rid of all of our picks.  I mean if we drafted badly before thus we will ALWAYS draft badly.  That is the dumbest logic in the world as a reason to justify the adams trade.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets have drafted badly for 10 years thus they had better go all George Allen and get rid of all of our picks.  I mean if we drafted badly before thus we will ALWAYS draft badly.  That is the dumbest logic in the world as a reason to justify the adams trade.

Exactly. If your attitude is that we will never be able to draft well because we are the Jets, then you should quit watching now. You are saying the Jets are eternally hopeless because no GM will ever pick good players here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So because they haven't drafted well in the past few years, they were right to give us two first round picks for a guy who doesn't really make any impact? 

This is irrespective of the large contract that Adams will be looking for. 

I don't know, I think we made out rather well. 

the picks at the end of the first round have value if you are brave and have great scouts etc.

the jury is still out on whether this was a good deal or not until will see who JD picks  

for the fans of the seahawks, jamal adams does more than 4 first round picks

when those picks are at 27 or 31 instead of 3 and 6 they have different values

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I hope they didn’t trade for him based on his coverage skills since his impact was mostly in the box. 

You don't give up two 1sts and a 3rd for a Safety who you know can't cover and can only play in the box.  So either way, this was a clown shoes trade by Seattle.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm just not sure this is true. 

Especially when you consider that he is going to want to get paid after the season no matter what. 

it has been true for Seattle and Pete Carroll isn't going anywhere

the last 4 late 1's they squandered and there's no sense from their fanbase they wouldn't squander the next 2 (or 4 or 10). 

think about it this way: 

when  you are contending for SB's, late 1's don't instantly get starting jobs 

their team is better than that

it takes a Jamal Adams type to move the needle for a franchise like Seattle 

Jordyn Brooks doesn't change your outlook 

the Jets meanwhile yes need starters all around the roster, they can use those late 1s and give those guys reps instantly because the team is hot garbage and maybe they can claw their way to decent 

the Seahawks are trying to win hardware and that's a different animal

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it takes a Jamal Adams type to move the needle for a franchise like Seattle 

Jordyn Brooks doesn't change your outlook 

But neither does Jamal Adams!

Adams hasn't "moved" the needle for them, at all. 

They are 6-2 because they have one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in the world throwing to a few outstanding WRs. They are 6-2 in spite of their historically bad pass defense. I guess Adams is a great cheerleader for them? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But neither does Jamal Adams!

Adams hasn't "moved" the needle for them, at all. 

They are 6-2 because they have one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in the world throwing to a few outstanding WRs. They are 6-2 in spite of their historically bad pass defense. I guess Adams is a great cheerleader for them? 

Yup.  Just look at the 4 games with him and 4 games without him.  No discernible difference in the team's play, and one can easily argue he's been more of a liability than an asset when he's on the field.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

Interesting question, huh?  I think that Seattle would still give the Jets their first round pick for next year, but no way for the year after that.  Trading their 3rd round pick for our 4th round pick might have still been in the mix as well.

I still believe that Seattle is sold on Jamal Adams, but not in the same way as they once did.  They thought that Adams was the difference maker on their defense, which would allow them to be a "top 5" defense.  Sadly, he is not the difference maker that they thought he would be.

There were those of us who on this board who absolutely LOVED the trade and the haul JD received.   That was one of his best moves as a GM.  Yet we had to read about how we let "our best player go, blah, blah".     It was very apparent that he would struggle in pass coverage and was really an in the box safety that was more like a undersized linebacker and could be successful in that role in the right system.  Not sure what Seattle saw, maybe they got caught up in his highlight reels but for now at least, this trade is looking like a true STEAL by the our GM.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Jamal Adams is what he is. A very talented box safety with excellent pass rushing skills and good football awareness. He is not a game changing player or a truly high impact player despite the sacks. He does not deserve to be in the conversation for highest paid safety and certainly not highest paid defensive player, but he should be in the very top tier of safeties. Will be interesting if Seattle retains him.

He definitely wasn't worth the draft haul JD got for him.  It's nice to see fleece a team for a change. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

recent Seahawks draft history 

2020 1.27 LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech 

2019 1.29 DE LJ Collier, TCU

2018 1.28 RB Rashaad Penny, SDSU

2016 1.31 OG Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

33 does more for the Seahawks than those draft picks

Being abysmal drafters in the first round means trading 2 first round picks for an overrated one-dimensional player is now “ackshully” good.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the Seahawks are trying to win hardware and that's a different animal

Nothing says “let’s go win some hardware” like trading 2 firsts and a third for a defensive player that makes absolutely no discernible difference on your historically awful defense whatsoever.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Also, might be a short term deal if he wants big money and he does and they don't want to play for him at what he thinks he is worth. If he is ranking towards the bottom of the Safeties.