Seattle, what would they get knowing what they now know

Alka

It's not like Seattle has a bunch of guys injured on defense & as the season progresses they'll be back. Their defense is freaking HORRIBLE & if they have any injuries on the offensive side of the ball & don't score 34 points like they do every week now, they'll be one and done in the playoffs & we'll be picking a lot higher than we thought with that 1st round pick. 

Guys like Creed Humphrey, Etienne, Devonta Smith, Najee Harris, Pitts might be staring JD in the face. And if that's the case we might see ANOTHER trade back by the slick one. I'm telling you guys, we keep losing & this upcoming draft is gonna be more exciting than our 4 first rounders with Parcells. Especially since Trevor Lawrence & Justin Fields are the headliners. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

Draft picks that make a difference on a team?

I’ve heard stories about that happening for teams, but I look around and I see Morgan, Zuniga, Davis, Mims, the Bryce guy, a punter and a LT that your grandmother knew was the ultimate no brainer pick at where we were.

Keep ripping Adams though. That late 1st next year and the other one a year later (actually = to a 2nd and a 3rd I’ve been told ?) will hopefully work out better than the picks we got for Leo.

Or maybe question our GM for not trading Adams before the draft, and maybe getting a player like Lamb. You know, someone who plays a position of need, gets on the field, and contributes?

You’re playing revisionist history. You’re assuming that a trade was in place allowing us to draft a guy like Lamb. You’re assuming that JD will not pick good players with the picks Seattle gave. In your defence, the Jet draft history has been pathetic to put it lightly so I can see where you’re coming from. 

Let it play out until you roast JD. He’s only got one draft under his belt.

Ps, how’s the golf game treating you?

46 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You’re playing revisionist history. You’re assuming that a trade was in place allowing us to draft a guy like Lamb. You’re assuming that JD will not pick good players with the picks Seattle gave. In your defence, the Jet draft history has been pathetic to put it lightly so I can see where you’re coming from. 

Let it play out until you roast JD. He’s only got one draft under his belt.

Ps, how’s the golf game treating you?

It's been a weird golf season, buddy. Hope you're playing better than me. :rolleyes:

I went from playing some of the best golf I ever have, to now being mired in one of the deepest funks ever.

I've just completely lost it with my irons... can't even hit a green from 120 out, it's pitiful.

Don't know if you've seen the incredible deals PXG has had going on (check out their site, you'll be amazed), but I bought a set of their 0211 irons recently. Problem is, I don't even want to hit them until I get things sorted out.

@southparkcpa

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, bitonti said:

Seattle didn't make this trade to beat Buffalo week 9 

these are the types of non conf, non divisional games that even great, super bowl contending teams drop all the time 

they are 6-2 and leading their division by a game 

they end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 wins and NFC Champ game with NOS

if 33 makes a play in the playoffs it will be worth it to them 

and side note, go look at the recent Seahawks 1st round picks their late rd 1 picks are as historically terrible as our 2nds. 

they don't much care as a fan base no one regrets the trade 

Yeah, wut? 

• Upvote 2

On 11/9/2020 at 2:01 PM, bitonti said:

recent Seahawks draft history 

2020 1.27 LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech 

2019 1.29 DE LJ Collier, TCU

2018 1.28 RB Rashaad Penny, SDSU

2016 1.31 OG Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

33 does more for the Seahawks than those draft picks

I wish we had more sh*tty Safeties to trade them then

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It's been a weird golf season, buddy. Hope you're playing better than me. :rolleyes:

I went from playing some of the best golf I ever have, to now being mired in one of the deepest funks ever.

I've just completely lost it with my irons... can't even hit a green from 120 out, it's pitiful.

Don't know if you've seen the incredible deals PXG has had going on (check out their site, you'll be amazed), but I bought a set of their 0211 irons recently. Problem is, I don't even want to hit them until I get things sorted out.

@southparkcpa

Where the fukk you been boy??? Lookin for ya!   I might be buying a place in Carolina beach.   keep you posted.   GREAT to hear from ya! 

• Sympathy 1

On 11/9/2020 at 12:23 PM, Alka said:

Interesting question, huh?  I think that Seattle would still give the Jets their first round pick for next year, but no way for the year after that.  Trading their 3rd round pick for our 4th round pick might have still been in the mix as well.

I still believe that Seattle is sold on Jamal Adams, but not in the same way as they once did.  They thought that Adams was the difference maker on their defense, which would allow them to be a "top 5" defense.  Sadly, he is not the difference maker that they thought he would be.

Sadly for them but not for the Jets.  Overrated but also one of the biggest douchebags ever.

• Upvote 1

wait till he wants to get paid like hes Pat Mahomes. Jamal wants to get paid like hes the best and wont settle for less even if he has a bad year. bet he becomes a free agent after 2021 and winds up in Dallas. that the only place he would probably take a pay cut. to be close to home

His coverage grades on PFF were always a f*cking joke. If anything it shows just how flawed their system is that he's dropped to the level a lot of Jets fans always said he was at.

Williams and Bowles hid his deficiencies well but it was always hilarious to see the Jets have two elite coverage safeties according to PFF while consistently ranking among the worst passing defences. 

He's still a great pass rusher - As good as I've seen from a DB but nowhere close to being worth what they paid. Still think they'll pay him ridiculous money as they've invested too much in him to turn back. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, slimjasi said:

But neither does Jamal Adams!

Adams hasn't "moved" the needle for them, at all. 

They are 6-2 because they have one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in the world throwing to a few outstanding WRs. They are 6-2 in spite of their historically bad pass defense. I guess Adams is a great cheerleader for them? 

if that's true you probably also believe this Jets team is 0-9 with 33 

and that losing games is better than winning? 

this defense can't get off the field 3rd downs 

all back bone left this team the day they traded  Adams

• Haha 1

Some of you guys are the same managers who refuse to change a plan you pounded the table for simply  because your backed it to start. Meanwhile the factory is going up in flames. Ridiculous. It’s okay to be wrong. I thought DK metcalf was going to be a huge bust and that Deshaun Watson was a product of Clemson.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is what he is.  He’s a glorified Landon Collins.  Will get 4-6 tackles per game playing the run, might occasionally get a sack on a well designed blitz play and is at best mediocre in coverage

Where was I when you had this change of heart, Pffffhhil?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I can't prove this hypothetical and neither can you

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

It's not that important of a hypothetical, anyway. Unless you think we are suddenly a playoff team by adding a mediocre cover guy who is good at blitzing to this defense? 

With Adams, maybe we end up winning two of the games we were competitive in (Denver, NE) and are 2-7 instead of 0-9? (Interestingly, this would be a nightmare scenario, but I digress . . . ) Tbh, I even think this is a stretch. 

I just don't see any reasonable argument for a safety (who wants to be the highest paid player at his position in the the league) being more valuable than two first round picks to an 0-9 team. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's not that important of a hypothetical, anyway. Unless you think we are suddenly a playoff team by adding a mediocre cover guy who is good at blitzing to this defense? 

IWith Adams, maybe we end up winning two of the games we were competitive in (Denver, NE) and are 2-7 instead of 0-9? (Interestingly, this would be a nightmare scenario, but I digress . . . ) Tbh, I even think this is a stretch. 

I just don't see any reasonable argument for a safety (who wants to be the highest paid player at his position in the the league) being more valuable than two first round picks to an 0-9 team. 

here's the reasonable argument

these are not robots they are humans

when this franchise chose to trade their best player rather than pay him it was shining the "tank signal" into the clouds

I said this in another post it bears repeating, 33 gets traded, CJ opts out a week later

the whole 2020 crap fest can be traced to the decision to trade 33

if they are 2-7 or 3-6 yes that's better than being a winless laughing stock joke of the league

football is a game of momentum the Jets took the starting gun and shot themselves in the foot

by the way it's the first non Brady year in the AFC east and also there's a 7th playoff spot 

let me posit to you and all the other tank fans

there's no way going winless is a better outcome than fighting for wins 

mediocre is in fact better than terrible