Joe Brady and the Carolina Jets

Paradis

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t play the “I was right on the internet” card as much as some, but Rhule was the guy I wanted, and the Jets have to hire a program-builder this offseason. 

No he wasn't. You didn't want him.

You went on and on about him wearing his religion on his sleeve and not being a good fit in NY because of that.

I remember it well, because I agreed with you at the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t play the “I was right on the internet” card as much as some, but Rhule was the guy I wanted, and the Jets have to hire a program-builder this offseason. 

As much as I would love to unite team Rhule-supporters, i think i'd rather see the "Matt who? No way, he's got no NFL coaching ties" crowd stand up

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So let me get this straight, One of the prime coaching candidates we would be so lucky to land in Joe Brady, is a staff member of Matt Rhule. The guy we couldn’t seem to lock down because we were afraid he couldn’t surround himself with a competent  coaching staff 

Seriously?

The irony would be so delicious I hope it happens

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Rhule + Josh Rosen = championship.

(just busting chops, good call on Rhule)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

His Rhule "call" never happened.

Fake news.

Listen. I've known Tom on here a long time. He's a cheat, villain, scumbag, lecher, rake, scallywag and a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder. But he ain't no liar, sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The "Rhule "call" never happened.

I'll give @T0mShane the benefit of the doubt here though. Probably an honest mistake.

It's not like him to pull the jetsfan80  switcheroo.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Listen. I've known Tom on here a long time. He's a cheat, villain, scumbag, lecher, rake, scallywag and a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder. But he ain't no liar, sir.

IIRC, I settled on Rhule before the Gase hire, then retconned passing on Rhule because of the churchy sh*t. I just remember being meh on all the finalists, but picking Rhule for YOLO reasons. Could be wrong, but I’m not looking up sh*t on a Sunday.

This exact conversation started over a month ago when Brady was first being widely discussed as a HC candidate.

Although, it even really started back in January 2019 given the sheer idiocy of the concept that the team's top choice to be head coach somehow isn't considered qualified to fill his own staff, which is about as self-contradictory as you can get.

Bottom line, the Jets are morons and yet somehow the Chris Johnson / Mike Maccagnan one-two punch were still the dumbest combination imaginable, even for this team.  None of this is particularly breaking news.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IIRC, I settled on Rhule before the Gase hire, then retconned passing on Rhule because of the churchy sh*t. I just remember being meh on all the finalists, but picking Rhule for YOLO reasons. Could be wrong, but I’m not looking up sh*t on a Sunday.

I wouldn't either.

Adams is the only big mistake I'd want to hang you for..  and then passing the damn torch to 80 to claim for his own.

?

• Thumb Down 1

Religion or lack there of is irrelevant for a football coach. The things some of you guys focus on is laughable -- it's like you're looking for a reason to blow an opportunity. Can't we just, oh I don't know, get a good coach? Don't care if he worships Satan. Does he win?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A lot of us would have been happy with Rhule

A lot that are now saying the same where also hating him after he made a christian/god reference in a presser.  That was Rhule, correct?

You're all WRONG! ALL OF YOU....

The HC the Jets manage to hire doesn't make a bit damn bit of difference. What matters is DRAFTING.

WHEN/IF the drafting gets better is when the HC will matter. That is not right now. Just know that any HC the Jets hire right now is shoveling sh*t against the tide....

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A lot of us would have been happy with Rhule

A lot that are now saying the same where also hating him after he made a christian/god reference in a presser.  That was Rhule, correct?

^^^^

This is what happens when you post without reading the thread, kids. ?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

So let me get this straight, One of the prime coaching candidates we would be so lucky to land in Joe Brady, is a staff member of Matt Rhule. The guy we couldn’t seem to lock down because we were afraid he couldn’t surround himself with a competent  coaching staff 

Seriously?

We have to put our faith in Christopher Johnson.  He knows which assistant coaches a HC needs.

• Haha 2