Adam Gase having Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Rhg1084

he brags constantly about how he skips out on family to come up with the genius... but he never realizes that he's not a genius. He the type of person that infuriates me. They utterly fail to recognize the horseshoe shoved up their ass and think they do a good job despite all results. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

Dr. Gad Saad has also coined the term "Ostrich Parasitic Syndrome" which Gase must have in regards to himself.  It's a refusal to alter your beliefs despite mountains of evidence that contradict your own opinion.  Gase thinks he must call the plays despite consistently fielding some of the league's worst offenses year in and year out.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Can you imagine being his family and watching him "go to work" on Thanksgiving while his team is 0-10? 

His family must sit there...

One hand: What the **** are you doing? 

On the other hand: Thanks for doing everything to put food on our table. 

That's gotta be tough. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

He could have stayed home and enjoyed the holiday with his family and gotten the EXACT SAME result 

This team plays hard. We’ve seen plenty of Jets teams quit on their head coach.  This isn’t one of them.  

Results aren’t measured in W’s and L’s, not this year.  The seeds Gase sows this November will help us next November.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The seeds Gase sows this November will help him next November.  

SAR I

This is very true

The seeds he planted this year and last, proving to all that hes not an NFL HC will leave him unemployed and home for the holiday with his family but cashing that 4+ mil per year check

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This team plays hard. We’ve seen plenty of Jets teams quit on their head coach.  This isn’t one of them.  

Results aren’t measured in W’s and L’s, not this year.  The seeds Gase sows this November will help us next November.  

SAR I

So just stay home with your family then!
PS This was last year 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Thats what you said last November. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

Can you imagine being his family and watching him "go to work" on Thanksgiving while his team is 0-10? 

His family must sit there...

One hand: What the **** are you doing? 

On the other hand: Thanks for doing everything to put food on our table. 

That's gotta be tough. 

I love when he was like, I had to leave the delivery room of my child to tell Peyton Manning the good plays because it couldn't wait until tomorrow

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is very true

The seeds he planted this year and last, proving to all that hes not an NFL HC will leave him unemployed and home for the holiday with his family but cashing that 4+ mil per year check

Yes but right now the jets are winning by losing.  Regardless of whether or not gase continues to be coach he is identifying all of the short comings of this team from the top on down.

3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

If Gase sacrificed that many precious moments with his family for this career... then he's wasting his life.

More importantly, this opinion has nothing to do with it, all HCs, successful or not, sign up for this life once they accept the position.  They walk into it with eyes wide open

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The same way last year's 6-2 finish carried over into this year?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The same way last year's 6-2 finish carried over into this year?

It would have if not for injuries and Darnold busting. 

Hard to look like a great head coach with half a team and no quarterback.  Just ask Bill Belichick, Mike Zimmer, and Kyle Shanahan.  All these great coaches, look so mortal when their rosters suck.  Such a coincidence.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It would have if not for injuries and Darnold busting. 

Hard to look like a great head coach with half a team and no quarterback.  Just ask Bill Belichick, Mike Zimmer, and Kyle Shanahan.  All these great coaches, look so mortal when their rosters suck.  Such a coincidence.  

SAR I

How do you know it's not Gase busting?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You are what your record says you are.

Bill Parcels

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do you know it's not Gase busting?

He's made the playoffs.  He's won playoff games.  He got every ounce out of old man Manning in Denver, he got a terrible Miami team to the playoffs.

Consensus is that the Jets have had the worst GM's and worst drafts in the NFL for the past decade.  It's not hard to figure out the root cause of our losing.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This season was "rigged" against him.  

If Darnold didn't bust and if we weren't hit with brutal injuries the Jets would be tracking to the 5-11 most predicted back in July.

This is what a 5-11 roster looks like with opt-outs, trades, cuts, injuries, and a backup quarterback.  Why any of you are surprised is beyond me.

SAR I