2020 NY Jets are statistically the worst team of all time

Rhg1084

The 1976 0-14 Buccaneers (-287 point differential) need to be in this graphic.  They're the only team worse than the 2020 Jets.  So far.

The two 0-16 teams were a LOT more competitive than the 2020 Jets, that much has been clear for a while now. 

There have been quite a few teams in history that were worse than the '08 Lions and 2017 Browns but managed to win game(s).  The 1990 Patriots (1-15, -265 point differential) and 1986 Buccaneers (2-14, -234) come to mind.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 1976 0-14 Buccaneers need to be in this graphic.  They're the only team worse than the 2020 Jets.  So far.

The two 0-16 teams were a LOT more competitive than the 2020 Jets, that much has been clear for a while now. 

There have been quite a few teams in history that were worse than the '08 Lions and 2017 Browns but managed to win game(s).  The 1990 Patriots (1-15, -265 point differential) come to mind.  

Hey look on the bright side. JD put his mind to it and he is already doing the absolute best he can. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

All I care about is 0-16, not which 0-16 is the worst.  

And neither do I really, but it is scary to talk about how far awry this team has gone. The results speak for themselves, the incompetence in the front office before JD came on board, is the stuff of legends but not in a good way.

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’m not saying that anyone can turn this team into a winner. But a decent coach would more than likely have a win and definitely not have been blown out so many times 

I see what you're saying but I'm not sure winning a game improves the current situation either? I've always contended that you could bring in the most legendary coach of all time and they're not going to win with this roster. It's that bad.

12 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

And neither do I really, but it is scary to talk about how far awry this team has gone. The results speak for themselves, the incompetence in the front office before JD came on board, is the stuff of legends but not in a good way.

No, the Macc era really put a dent in this team to the point where JD had to tear it down to build it back up.  

I have to look at the optimistic side, we have a ton of cap space going into the next offseason combined with plenty of picks at the top of every round.  We can help ourselves quickly and turn our backs to this nightmare 

I hope

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

And yet somehow won’t have the number one pick in the draft.  

That remains to be seen.

We are in the drivers seat.  As much as I fear the idea that "its hard to lose every week".  Then again why cant the same be true for Jax? 

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

And yet somehow won’t have the number one pick in the draft.  

i honestly think the jags could win another game. Browns, Vikings, Colts and Bears are potentially winnable games for them. they've at least shown they're competitive.  

i really don't see the jets getting a W anywhere.

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 1976 0-14 Buccaneers (-287 point differential) need to be in this graphic.  They're the only team worse than the 2020 Jets.  So far.

There have been quite a few teams in history that were worse than the '08 Lions and 2017 Browns but managed to win game(s).  The 1990 Patriots (1-15, -265 point differential) and 1986 Buccaneers (2-14, -234) come to mind.  

The main thing I remember about the '76 Bucs was the orange juice carton uniforms. Then along came Doug Williams, one of my favorite non-Jets, who kind of canceled that abomination out, lol.

Why do the Jets always have a claim to fame with garbage things for the most part? We could probably be here for an hour posting about records that other people have broken all courtesy of the Jets, haha. OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders off the top of my head; but the Jets also own a lot of hideous records for hideous things. Who said you can't drink before noon.

• Haha 1

The wild card in all of this is how Covid affects team rosters, as the season winds down and the virus kicks off for it's winter season.

Any team can have positive results but the varying level of protocol adherence of some NFL teams means there is always a possibility that we face a team without a starting QB (or a decent back up qb). The Broncos tried to use one of their coaches to QB today's game and the NFL turned them down! The Raiders seem like one candidate to be fielding  a team without a several key parts when they face the Jets.

The Jets oline has slowly improved, not amazing but the Jets are beginning to run the ball. The wider receivers  are back, hell...Chris Herndon caught a ga'damn ball.

It's unlikely that the Jets will go 0 & 6. It could be today, it could be the Browns, my money is on the Patriots. Not because Belichick wants  us to miss out on TL but simply because the 2020 Patriots are a shadow of the 2019 Patriots. Plus the Patriots have just been fined 350K for Covid violations. It's clear that they are not locked down on isolating coaches and football players.

I'm still hoping for a freak Jaguars win in the next six weeks, that would take some of the heat off.

We all know TL is not a magic cure-all pill but picking 1st in the Trevor Lawrence draft, that gives the Jets  great flexibility going into the 2021 draft.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

How is this possible with an offensive genius as HC?

The scary thing is there is a very strong chance this is exactly what he was asked to do by Chris and Joe. Trevor is the closest Manning-like prospect we’ve seen since Luck. This is Adam Gases team for at least as long or Takes him to ruin Trevor too.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No, the Macc era really put a dent in this team to the point where JD had to tear it down to build it back up.  

I have to look at the optimistic side, we have a ton of cap space going into the next offseason combined with plenty of picks at the top of every round.  We can help ourselves quickly and turn our backs to this nightmare 

I hope

I'm not sure what your motivation is here to protect certain coaches and GM's? I prefer to tell it like it is.....

1) The drafting by this team has been nothing short of HORRID since about 2008. Subtracting out 2020, there were very few players that were actually NFL talent. It was literally so bad that I'm thinking you have to give a concerted effort to squander draft picks the way they did.

2) It's not just Mike Macagnan, it's everyone. It's Tanny, Idzik, and Mac. They ALL drafted bum after bum after bum. From Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill to Dee Milliner, Jace Amaro, Calvin Pryor, Jalen Saunders to Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jachai Polite. The list goes on.

3) It doesn't matter who the HC was they were ALL doomed to fail given how bad the drafting was. You cannot possibly succeed if you don't have a constant influx of talent. This is not to say I don't agree with firing Rex and ?, likely Gase. The HC always accepts the failures of the team.

4) And yes, Douglas literally had had to tear down the entire roster and start from scratch again to undo all the harm that the GM's of the past have done.

And now that the full truth has been told, I also prefer to look at things optimistically. The NYJ HC job might very well be the most attractive in 2021. They'll likely have about 90 million in cap space, they'll the number 1 overall pick, they have multiple 1st day picks, they have stockpiled picks in future drafts, the GM just came off a draft where he yielded 4 starters. Two seem ready to be future pro bowlers? That's an impressive haul.

So I think you and I are in agreement here? I just think you tend to protect past culprits of this debacle? And I really don't know why?

50 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not sure what your motivation is here to protect certain coaches and GM's? I prefer to tell it like it is.....

Where did you get that, I blamed Macc for this mess.  I've ripped Gase and he wasnt in the post, so?

1) The drafting by this team has been nothing short of HORRID since about 2008. Subtracting out 2020, there were very few players that were actually NFL talent. It was literally so bad that I'm thinking you have to give a concerted effort to squander draft picks the way they did.

The GM doing the drafting now wasnt here drafting in 2008-2019.  He had a really solid draft in his rookie shot at running the draft.  Why would anyone give a damn about 2008-2019?  Theres no correlation and no point to it.  

) It's not just Mike Macagnan, it's everyone. It's Tanny, Idzik, and Mac. They ALL drafted bum after bum after bum. From Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill to Dee Milliner, Jace Amaro, Calvin Pryor, Jalen Saunders to Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jachai Polite. The list goes on.

Again, Mike Macagnan, Tanny, Idzik all gone.  You can open your eyes, the bad men are gone.  I dont get where anyone believes that Douglas has anything to do with those clowns

3) It doesn't matter who the HC was they were ALL doomed to fail given how bad the drafting was. You cannot possibly succeed if you don't have a constant influx of talent. This is not to say I don't agree with firing Rex and ?, likely Gase. The HC always accepts the failures of the team.

Still stuck on those GMs that are gone and not drafting for us anymore.  Thats 3 of these exact same bullet points

4) And yes, Douglas literally had had to tear down the entire roster and start from scratch again to undo all the harm that the GM's of the past have done.

Four now.  LOL

And now that the full truth has been told, I also prefer to look at things optimistically. The NYJ HC job might very well be the most attractive in 2021. They'll likely have about 90 million in cap space, they'll the number 1 overall pick, they have multiple 1st day picks, they have stockpiled picks in future drafts, the GM just came off a draft where he yielded 4 starters. Two seem ready to be future pro bowlers? That's an impressive haul.

Theres where we see the biggest reason to hold our interest this offseason.

So I think you and I are in agreement here? I just think you tend to protect past culprits of this debacle? And I really don't know why?

Yes, as above, we are.  I am quite aware of the shlt hires we've lived through I just dont see what living in the past has to do with the hope JD has brought with his first draft and FA philosophy gearing up for 2021.

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

The wild card in all of this is how Covid affects team rosters, as the season winds down and the virus kicks off for it's winter season.

Any team can have positive results but the varying level of protocol adherence of some NFL teams means there is always a possibility that we face a team without a starting QB (or a decent back up qb). The Broncos tried to use one of their coaches to QB today's game and the NFL turned them down! The Raiders seem like one candidate to be fielding  a team without a several key parts when they face the Jets.

The Jets oline has slowly improved, not amazing but the Jets are beginning to run the ball. The wider receivers  are back, hell...Chris Herndon caught a ga'damn ball.

It's unlikely that the Jets will go 0 & 6. It could be today, it could be the Browns, my money is on the Patriots. Not because Belichick wants  us to miss out on TL but simply because the 2020 Patriots are a shadow of the 2019 Patriots. Plus the Patriots have just been fined 350K for Covid violations. It's clear that they are not locked down on isolating coaches and football players.

I'm still hoping for a freak Jaguars win in the next six weeks, that would take some of the heat off.

We all know TL is not a magic cure-all pill but picking 1st in the Trevor Lawrence draft, that gives the Jets  great flexibility going into the 2021 draft.

LMAO!, and there I was kidding about the ball boy in another thread. You know if that was Belicheat the answer would have been a resounding yes.

• Haha 1