Really missing Joe Beningo

37 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The overnight rants right after a loss, before we had a chance to sleep it off, were the best.  Really therapeutic.  This season with the tanking it’s a little different though. 

He really used to set the tone for the coverage for the week in that Early monday morning show.  What he said in those few hours would be repeated on the air all week and same in the papers

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

For everybody who listens to WFAN, my personal favorite part of a jets loss was listening to Joe B. He voiced so many jets fans opinions and gave me what felt like group therapy. 

Yeah, in 2003.

Beningo has been nothing but a weak actor in the last few years, the pathetic Pied Piper of the "woe is me" New York Mets SOJF crowd.

You'll have to find a way to deal with your own misery now, Eeyore.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Who here needs Joe Beningo to tell you on Monday what you just watched on Sunday?  We all know the Jets suck.  I don't need some crotchety old man who knows less than I do telling me why the Jets lost or what mistakes they made. This year is about losing.  Why get upset by it?  Losing is the key to winning.  The problem with the Jets losing the past 10 years is that they haven't lost enough to catch the big fish and they have drafted horribly with years of top 6 picks.  The key is to get a QB.  That is half the game in the NFL.  Douglas' draft this year was better than Mac's last 4-5 drafts combined. A win now will mean nothing next year. How much did last year's 7 wins matter?  How much did going 10-6 in 2015 help from 2016 on ?  We all knew it was a fluke and that Fitzmagic turns to Fitstragic when the  bright lights of a big game or a second successful season in  row are on the line.  It's time to build the right way and not get caught up in the current ineptitude.  This ineptitude is our friend. 0-16 and on to new beginnings. It's all up to the right coaching hire. Who need Beningo to tell you that?  We all (should) know it.

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry.  Joe Beningo will probably be back in 1-2 years after Evan and Carton flops

dont be shocked if Mad Dog Russo is back at WFAN too.  Sirius is making cuts with this next Howard Stern contract 

I haven’t minded Evan and Craig. I think they’re trying to have the boomer and carton feel of a level headed guy mixed with the wild card. They definitely need to find a flow and chemistry though.
After watching the carton documentary, I’m enjoying the redemption story. He’s spoken to some callers with addiction and offered them support. I think that’s a positive with the new show.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

I haven’t minded Evan and Craig. I think they’re trying to have the boomer and carton feel of a level headed guy mixed with the wild card. They definitely need to find a flow and chemistry though.
After watching the carton documentary, I’m enjoying the redemption story. He’s spoken to some callers with addiction and offered them support. I think that’s a positive with the new show.

Carton is like Art Schlicter.  He’ll be back gambling and scamming his fans in no time

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, in 2003.

Beningo has been nothing but a weak actor in the last few years, the pathetic Pied Piper of the "whoa is me" New York Mets SOJF crowd.

You'll have to find a way to deal with your own misery now, Eeyore.

SAR I

I think it's woe is me, unless you're riding yourself like a horse. A lot of woe to be had this year for sure. Damn autocorrect. : /

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

For everybody who listens to WFAN, my personal favorite part of a jets loss was listening to Joe B. He voiced so many jets fans opinions and gave me what felt like group therapy. 

Same.  Listening to Joe B rant was one of the few fun things after a Jet loss.  This year, however, was less fun because he was more dejected about the team than angry.

• Upvote 1

It is what it is this year. Every Jet fan knows our drafts have been horrible for 9 years running. Then we all thought we caught the proverbial break with Sam Darnold, (meanwhile I remember a pretty high % of fans here said Josh Allen would be a bust (fun times), but reality about Sam has punched us all in the face again. 

Not only is Darnold regressing, the assets given up to obtain him dug us in a deeper hole along with the terrible free agents & their contracts that Macc got us into. This is bottom barrel stuff now. 

Add in a strange unpersonable coach & its twilight zonish at 0-11. I'm rooting every week for loss. We need Lawrence & we need a new exciting coaching staff. Jeremy Bates was a better OC than Adam Gase & he's out of the league again. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry.  Joe Beningo will probably be back in 1-2 years after Evan and Carton flops

dont be shocked if Mad Dog Russo is back at WFAN too.  Sirius is making cuts with this next Howard Stern contract 

"I invented working 3 days a week, 4 months of vacation  and mailing it in, Robin. I invented everything, and they're rippin' me off! Tell'em Fred. "

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same.  Listening to Joe B rant was one of the few fun things after a Jet loss.  This year, however, was less fun because he was more dejected about the team than angry.

I get the catharsis of it. But that's your idea of fun? 

9 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Really? You are entitled to your opinion. I thought he was such a fake. I tried and could barely stomach him most of the time. Way too over dramatized and irrational.

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Beningo saw the writing on the wall.  Gase is a such an inept idiot.  

• Upvote 1