Trusting our GM's brilliant ability to evaluate draft talent

hmhertz

47 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Very?  Didn't he run like a 4.49 at his pro day? 

Maybe not very but he doesn’t look fast at all out there.

The belief was that the team needed a deep threat or a “burner” type, but instead, they selected JJ Arcega-Whiteside out of Stanford. Immediately, one of the few criticisms of the pick was that he didn’t have that top-end speed that the Eagles were supposedly looking for, and that he might struggle to create separation.

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Okayish....Holy sh*t dude.  That is WAY too harsh for a first year assessment.  When you can have your first round pick showing he could be a perennial pro-bowler, and have two others 'flash' as you suggest, a decent player in the 6th, two players who haven't played yet, and another who you rank disappointing (which IMO is FAR too critical of Perrine), I would say that is a F'ing great draft for a draft that has played a little more than half a season.

This is, IMO, why Jets fans are so critical.  Expectations that are WAY too unrealistic for rookies half a season into their career.  Lets take a look in two more years with all of them to see.  

See, I see the @Warfish assessment as a bit critical, but I understand it.  His assessment makes perfect sense in response to an analysis like this that is ridiculously rosy.  Are you trying to spin "players who haven't played yet" as a positive?  On an 0-11 team no less.  IMO any 1st round pick that has already shown that they could not be a perennial pro bowler is a bad pick.  Becton looks good.  Mims looks pretty good.  They are still just hope.  

This draft has produced about 340 yards and 0 receiving TDs.  200 yards rushing with 2 TDs @ a 3.7 ypc clip.  Zero interceptions and sacks and 56 punts.  I like the class so far, but they are ton of hope without much meaningful production.  Oh, and they seem like an injury prone group too, though that seems like a league-wide covid related issue.

Saying wait and see is perfectly appropriate, but giving credit for multiple pro-bowls because Becton looks good is ridiculous.  I am not sure how this gets you to F'n great. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

See, I see the @Warfish assessment as a bit critical, but I understand it.  His assessment makes perfect sense in response to an analysis like this that is ridiculously rosy.  Are you trying to spin "players who haven't played yet" as a positive?  On an 0-11 team no less.  IMO any 1st round pick that has already shown that they could not be a perennial pro bowler is a bad pick.  Becton looks good.  Mims looks pretty good.  They are still just hope.  

This draft has produced about 340 yards and 0 receiving TDs.  200 yards rushing with 2 TDs @ a 3.7 ypc clip.  Zero interceptions and sacks and 56 punts.  I like the class so far, but they are ton of hope without much meaningful production.  Oh, and they seem like an injury prone group too, though that seems like a league-wide covid related issue.

Saying wait and see is perfectly appropriate, but giving credit for multiple pro-bowls because Becton looks good is ridiculous.  I am not sure how this gets you to F'n great. 

Not at all.....But so far, the results have been pretty good, considering what we have to work with.  One draft isn't going to fix this franchise, no matter how much everybody wants it to.  THAT would be a rosy outlook.  I have said in all of my posts, and I will say it again here:

Lets all meet back here after the draft in 2022, and see where we are, for to criticize anything right now would be pointless.  Just like it would be pointless to be over zealous.  But as of right now, there is hope.  What we have seen from the rookies has been pretty good.  Lets see what next year looks like.

• Upvote 1

JD hasn't been bad but you are guys are confusing competence for genius. It's been so long that y'all aren't seeing the reality.

The whole world knew he had a take a T in the first round...in Jet world that might not be a lock - but to every other football person that was a no brainer.  At the point he drafted there were two Tackles that were worthy to be taken.  The one he passed on has had a better rookie season.

As far as Mims goes, he passed on him to trade down.  He happened to catch him later, but it's not like he recognized some great talent and found a way to get him.  Again, trading down in a loaded WR draft was a competent move, not a special one.

The rest of his draft has been, well, not particularly impressive.

I'm not saying he's been bad, not at all...I think he's done a reasonable job...but let's not confuse competence for genius.

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

JD hasn't been bad but you are guys are confusing competence for genius. It's been so long that y'all aren't seeing the reality.

The whole world knew he had a take a T in the first round...in Jet world that might not be a lock - but to every other football person that was a no brainer.  At the point he drafted there were two Tackles that were worthy to be taken.  The one he passed on has had a better rookie season.

As far as Mims goes, he passed on him to trade down.  He happened to catch him later, but it's not like he recognized some great talent and found a way to get him.  Again, trading down in a loaded WR draft was a competent move, not a special one.

I'm not saying he's been bad, not at all...I think he's done a reasonable job...but let's not confuse competence for genius.

So, why can't we just say he has been doing a good job so far?  Is that going to cause some died-in-the-wool SOJF head to explode?

To say Wirfs is better, IMO, is incorrect.  Becton was a more natural LT, which is what we needed.  So, to say that we picked the poorer of the two LT would be like arguing over missing out on Jerry Rice because we drafted Michael Irvin.  While Rice was better, there would be no issues in having Irvin.

There was three great receivers left on the board when we picked, and JD rolled the dice that one of them would be there within the next 10 picks.  What's wrong with saying it was a ballsy move that worked.  Because that is EXACTLY what it was.

Just like there isn't anything wrong with saying signing a retired centre last year was a bad move.  It was.  It didn't work.  

Again, lets be happy with competence, because we haven't had it for awhile.  We will hold the genius talk for around 2022 or 2023 after three or four drafts and F/A periods.

• Upvote 3

On 12/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, hmhertz said:

Taking Artega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf.

Henry... your take your meds... It was not JD who wanted JJAW.  Do your research old man.  The scouting team didn't want him.  They set up a good draft board and the higher ups, not JD, didn't follow the board.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, why can't we just say he has been doing a good job so far?  Is that going to cause some died-in-the-wool SOJF head to explode?

To say Wirfs is better, IMO, is incorrect.  Becton was a more natural LT, which is what we needed.  So, to say that we picked the poorer of the two LT would be like arguing over missing out on Jerry Rice because we drafted Michael Irvin.  While Rice was better, there would be no issues in having Irvin.

There was three great receivers left on the board when we picked, and JD rolled the dice that one of them would be there within the next 10 picks.  What's wrong with saying it was a ballsy move that worked.  Because that is EXACTLY what it was.

Just like there isn't anything wrong with saying signing a retired centre last year was a bad move.  It was.  It didn't work.  

Again, lets be happy with competence, because we haven't had it for awhile.  We will hold the genius talk for around 2022 or 2023 after three or four drafts and F/A periods.

Because he hasn’t done a good job, at least not if he was trying to win.  He made two good draft picks and a solid trade with Adams - otherwise he’s been very bad.  He has fielded likely to be the worst team in the history of the NFL.

Now, you can say he’s trying to simply clean house and not trying to win...I can buy that, in fact I think that’s the case....His FA’s have pretty much all been a disaster.  But they’re mostly risk free deals...In this case he actually hasn’t been bad but he’s been good.

He may very well turn out to be a great GM, I’m hoping he can and will - but we really don’t know  whole lot about him yet.  Hitting on first round T isn’t genius.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:01 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 but there's a reason why despite being a combine warrior that D.K Metcalf still became the very last pick of the 2nd round; and that reasoning was because he put up pretty crappy NCAA WR numbers throughout his college career (every team passed on him and multiple times too). 

Would he look this freakish and this dominant without Russell Wilson? Who knows but all I know is he didn't even come close to dominating in college like this...

I think it was more his three cone, but your overall position is correct. Metkalf was considered a boom or bust 2-3 rd prospect, and he boomed. That doesn't mean he was the number 1, number 2, or even number 3 conseus wr prospect going into the draft.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Warfish said:

1. Becton (OL) - Looks like a Stud
2. Mims (WR) - Flashed so far in the (brief) time he's been healthy
3. Davis (S) - Not so great so far, outclassed
3. Zuninga (DE) - Nonentity
4. Perime (RB) - Disappointing
4. Morgan (QB) - Nonentity
4. Clark (OL) - Nonentity
5. Hall (CB) - Flashed so far in the (brief) time he's been healthy
6. Mann (P) - Pretty decent Punter so far.

This is an ok'ish Draft Class, not a good or great one.  In 5 picks in Rounds 3-4, we got......well, nothing really.  Davis and Perine have both been meh so far and the others may as well not exist.  Becton is an obvious stud, so great, and Mims looks good in the little we've seen him so far (also good).  Rest of the draft is a huge ? or a bunch of nobodies so far.

Lets not give JD too much credit. 

Any time you get 4 starters in a draft, it is a great draft. Not to mention that 2 of them can be pro bowl type players, and not to mention we still dont know about the majority of the class, and not to mention BUT A DRAFT CAN NOT BE GRADED MIDWAY THRU THE FIRST YEAR AFTER IT FRICKING HAPPENS.

This board blows.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Warfish said:

1. Becton (OL) - Looks like a Stud
2. Mims (WR) - Flashed so far in the (brief) time he's been healthy
3. Davis (S) - Not so great so far, outclassed
3. Zuninga (DE) - Nonentity
4. Perime (RB) - Disappointing
4. Morgan (QB) - Nonentity
4. Clark (OL) - Nonentity
5. Hall (CB) - Flashed so far in the (brief) time he's been healthy
6. Mann (P) - Pretty decent Punter so far.

This is an ok'ish Draft Class, not a good or great one.  In 5 picks in Rounds 3-4, we got......well, nothing really.  Davis and Perine have both been meh so far and the others may as well not exist.  Becton is an obvious stud, so great, and Mims looks good in the little we've seen him so far (also good).  Rest of the draft is a huge ? or a bunch of nobodies so far.

Lets not give JD too much credit. 

Do this for every team in the league and see what you get.

Why do people go out of their way to hate this team. There's plenty about this franchise that you can look at and say is awful. But no were gonna rain on what could possibly be our best draft in a decade, because reasons. You fricking people go out of your way to look silly, and guess what? You do.

• Upvote 1

Because he hasn’t done a good job, at least not if he was trying to win.  He made two good draft picks and a solid trade with Adams - otherwise he’s been very bad.  He has fielded likely to be the worst team in the history of the NFL.
Now, you can say he’s trying to simply clean house and not trying to win...I can buy that, in fact I think that’s the case....His FA’s have pretty much all been a disaster.  But they’re mostly risk free deals...In this case he actually hasn’t been bad but he’s been good.
He may very well turn out to be a great GM, I’m hoping he can and will - but we really don’t know  whole lot about him yet.  Hitting on first round T isn’t genius.

When two go before him , who he is clearly better than? And looks to have more upside than any tackle in a decade? Nothing there?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

When two go before him , who he is clearly better than? And looks to have more upside than any tackle in a decade? Nothing there?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Except the T we passed on has had a better rookie season. 
Becton may end up being the better player, in fact I think he will. But right now, looking at it fairly, Wirfs has been the better player.  

• Thumb Down 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, FidelioJet said:

It’s always amazing that Jets fans see exceedingly brief glimpses of competence  from their GM and dismiss it as, “well, obviously that’s what he was supposed to do.” 99% of success in any job is based on doing the thing you’re supposed to do, consistently. Douglas inherited a disaster. It’s going to take a few years of hitting doubles to get this roster back to respectability, and to mix in a few home runs along the way. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s always amazing that Jets fans see exceedingly brief glimpses of competence  from their GM and dismiss it as, “well, obviously that’s what he was supposed to do.” 99% of success in any job is based on doing the thing you’re supposed to do, consistently. Douglas inherited a disaster. It’s going to take a few years of hitting doubles to get this roster back to respectability, and to mix in a few home runs along the way. 

I agree, but then let's stop calling him a genius for it too.  

He's done a competent job and I'm happy to see it, it's a long road for sure.  Why do we have to take it to the other extreme?

On 12/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, kmnj said:

mims has 17 catches and 0 tds for the season

does he look like he might be decent yes but the massive overhyping is comical

Dude have you even been paying attention to this offense with Gase at the helm this season?  You can't pass the ball to yourself.  Even Stevie Wonder can see once gets someone to throw him the ball CONSISTENTLY, he will produce.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2020 at 5:41 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Kind of why you dont know about an entire draft during year 1 and rate it, why its was always said you need 3 years to rate a draft.  The entire draft class rarely, if ever, contributes so how can those players be fairly critiqued?  Davis in limited time, Zuniga, Morgan, Clark and Hall hardly have shown what they are and cant be viewed negatively at this point for not showing what they will ultimately become.   Perine hardly used is disappointing but what do we know about him?  Its impossible to rate a draft class this early and not fair to praise other than to say the early results for a player is....

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Whos called him a genius for his draft picks?  Or at all?  Taking it to the extreme does help the criticism any more than the OP just ripping him for who knows what, theres nothing in the draft thats worth ripping a GM over.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whos called him a genius for his draft picks?  Or at all?  Taking it to the extreme does help the criticism any more than the OP just ripping him for who knows what, theres nothing in the draft thats worth ripping a GM over.

Title of this thread in which I'm writing. 

"Trusting our GM's brilliant ability to evaluate draft talent"

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Dude have you even been paying attention to this offense with Case at the helm this season?  You can't pass the ball to yourself.  Even Stevie Wonder can see once gets some one to throw him the ball CONSISTENTLY, he will produce.  

he looks like he could be good-you want to crown him crown him

wayne chrebet had 66 catches and 4tds to go along with over 700 yards with a trash qb and a trash offense-that was a rookie that you knew would catch the ball consistently 

Mims looks like he could be a nice player but the hype machine is HUGE right  now for a dude that has under 20 catches for the season with zero touchdowns and was a second round pick

12 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Any time you get 4 starters in a draft, it is a great draft. Not to mention that 2 of them can be pro bowl type players, and not to mention we still dont know about the majority of the class, and not to mention BUT A DRAFT CAN NOT BE GRADED MIDWAY THRU THE FIRST YEAR AFTER IT FRICKING HAPPENS.

This board blows.

Do this for every team in the league and see what you get.

Why do people go out of their way to hate this team. There's plenty about this franchise that you can look at and say is awful. But no were gonna rain on what could possibly be our best draft in a decade, because reasons. You fricking people go out of your way to look silly, and guess what? You do.

Lighten up, Francis. 

If you took my OP Draft grade as "Hate of this Team", seriously, lol.  Maybe an internet discussion forum isn't for you if even a quite mild critique offends you so deeply and personally and causes you so much unbridled rage....

First, yes, you can grade (i.e EVALUATE) a draft class at any time, with varying levels of import to that grade. 

After all, literally everyone (Fans, Sports Media, the Teams themselves, etc.) all grade the draft RIGHT AFTER IT F'ING HAPPENS, so clearly you CAN "grade a Draft" at various points.  There is no three-year requirement to wait and remain silent till then.  You'll certainly know more and have a better evaluation in three years, true, but evaluations are done constantly in the NFL.  Lord knows, some of the draft picks won't be Jets in three years, so waiting till then to look at them and see how they're doing seems a bit silly, frankly. 

Put simply, the only reason to object to contemporaneous evaluations of a draft class as time goes on is because you're a homer who doesn't like criticism, no matter how light, mild or valid it may be.  Draft picks who haven't seen the field are not, in fact, "unknowns".  The fact they can't break into the lineup on a team this bad IS a known, and says something about them.  Arguing otherwise is to argue that Hackenberg was (and still is) an "unknown" since he hasn't played yet in the NFL.  

In no way does an evaluation or grade today mean all of these players will not improve or decline as years go by.  People were declaring Sam Darnold a future All-Pro HOF candidate at this point in his first season.  Many here were calling QW a bust at this point last year (and he certainly looked like one).  But in almost all cases, first year draft picks will get a 2nd year to keep showing, and the evaluations of them, by fans and team alike, will continue on.

Now, onto the actual draft:  Becton is a starter whos been studly since day 1.  Mims looks like a starter as well.  But IMO calling Mims a "Pro Bowl Type Player" is extremely premature at this point (5 games 17 rec. 284 Yards, 0 TD).  This reminds me of the "Herndon is a Pro Bowl Type Tight End" talk, i.e. typical homer premature over-hype, same hype we heard the first two years about Sam Darnold.  Mims might be a PB'er, I like what I've seen so far, but he might not, we've just not seen enough yet to know.  But his grade is certainly a positive so far based on a few flashes, reduced by the time he's missed.  

Who is the third starter?  Davis at S?  Perine?  I'd say calling them "starters" with a eye to the future is also premature.  Neither has played very well so far, Davis being borderline awful mostly, albeit on this horror show of a 0-11 team.  They could certainly still become better starters, a la QW, but they could also be gone in a year or two as well, a la many previous similar Jets Draft picks.  Incomplete at best for both.

And yes, the Punter is a "starter", but it's hard to give a ton of credit for getting starting punter after drafting one, given how many teams just get an UDFA to punt for them  I like Mann, no doubt, but I'm not giving JD a trophy for that pick, lol.

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because they are 0-11 and have been terrible for a decade ?

Making my point for me, thanks. 

This is what normal people should be mad about. Not that Joe Douglass, who wasn't even the GM of the Eagles saw his team pass on a total boom or bust prospect in DK Metcalf. Not that we could possibly of had our best draft in a decade and a half.

Call out this team for terrible ownership, coaching, structure, culture, all the above. Its not hard to do, the evidence is there for all to see.

But you clowns end up looking downright silly when you go out of your way and are also like zomg jd passed on metkalf, and this last draft isn't anything to feel good about.

This is essentially how the MSM was the last 4 years when in addition to hating Trump for very serous reasons, seemed almost more concerned with trivial day long segments on how many scoops of ice cream he got. Can we have some damn perspective, please?

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lighten up, Francis. 

If you took my OP Draft grade as "Hate of this Team", seriously, lol.  Maybe an internet discussion forum isn't for you if even a quite mild critique offends you so deeply and personally and causes you so much unbridled rage....

First, yes, you can grade (i.e EVALUATE) a draft class at any time, with varying levels of import to that grade. 

After all, literally everyone (Fans, Sports Media, the Teams themselves, etc.) all grade the draft RIGHT AFTER IT F'ING HAPPENS, so clearly you CAN "grade a Draft" at various points.  There is no three-year requirement to wait and remain silent till then.  You'll certainly know more and have a better evaluation in three years, true, but evaluations are done constantly in the NFL.  Lord knows, some of the draft picks won't be Jets in three years, so waiting till then to look at them and see how they're doing seems a bit silly, frankly. 

Put simply, the only reason to object to contemporaneous evaluations of a draft class as time goes on is because you're a homer who doesn't like criticism, no matter how light, mild or valid it may be.  Draft picks who haven't seen the field are not, in fact, "unknowns".  The fact they can't break into the lineup on a team this bad IS a known, and says something about them.  Arguing otherwise is to argue that Hackenberg was (and still is) an "unknown" since he hasn't played yet in the NFL.  

In no way does an evaluation or grade today mean all of these players will not improve or decline as years go by.  People were declaring Sam Darnold a future All-Pro HOF candidate at this point in his first season.  Many here were calling QW a bust at this point last year (and he certainly looked like one).  But in almost all cases, first year draft picks will get a 2nd year to keep showing, and the evaluations of them, by fans and team alike, will continue on.

Now, onto the actual draft:  Becton is a starter whos been studly since day 1.  Mims looks like a starter as well.  But IMO calling Mims a "Pro Bowl Type Player" is extremely premature at this point (5 games 17 rec. 284 Yards, 0 TD).  This reminds me of the "Herndon is a Pro Bowl Type Tight End" talk, i.e. typical homer premature over-hype, same hype we heard the first two years about Sam Darnold.  Mims might be a PB'er, I like what I've seen so far, but he might not, we've just not seen enough yet to know.  But his grade is certainly a positive so far based on a few flashes, reduced by the time he's missed.  

Who is the third starter?  Davis at S?  Perine?  I'd say calling them "starters" with a eye to the future is also premature.  Neither has played very well so far, Davis being borderline awful mostly, albeit on this horror show of a 0-11 team.  They could certainly still become better starters, a la QW, but they could also be gone in a year or two as well, a la many previous similar Jets Draft picks.  Incomplete at best for both.

And yes, the Punter is a "starter", but it's hard to give a ton of credit for getting starting punter after drafting one, given how many teams just get an UDFA to punt for them  I like Mann, no doubt, but I'm not giving JD a trophy for that pick, lol.

Do your warfish analysis for a couple more teams and see what you get. 

Your premise seems to be people are giving JD too much credit. Can we maybe find some middle ground that doesn't anoint JD the next Bill Polian, but also acknowledges that at this entirely all to early level to penultimately judge a draft, this currently right now, has strong potential to be our best draft since 06?

Can't you miserable souls just ever take a win, as little as it may be at this moment?

6 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Do your warfish analysis for a couple more teams and see what you get. 

Your premise seems to be people are giving JD too much credit. Can we maybe find some middle ground that doesn't anoint JD the next Bill Polian, but also acknowledging that at this entirely all to early level to judge a draft, this currently right now, has strong potential to be our best draft since 06?

Can't you miserable souls just ever take a win, as little as it may be at this moment?

A win is trading players at nonpriority positions for draft picks instead of giving them expensive second contracts. A win is trading down for more picks, future picks. A win is hitting all the premium positions. A win is filling holes before they open. But you people don't get weirdly emotionally attached to good process. You get weirdly emotionally attached to the football mens. So you will brook no disagreement about an offensive lineman who has played 60% of the snaps or a receiver who has caught 17 balls.

39 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

If you're not interested in a reasonable conversation about the picks, for good and bad, why even open the thread?

To be clear, there was nothing "miserable" about my original post.  I've said literally a million times that draft picks can improve after their first year, I don't need to restate that in every post in every thread.

Like I said, lighten up, Francis.  Jeez. :roll:

On this thread and others, I see some posters declaring JD's first draft a huge success which brings out the more rational of us to say "Wait a minute".

This position doesn't mean we hate the Jets or hate JD.  It means we don't agree with the overly enthusiastic opinions of some.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He's done a competent job and I'm happy to see it, it's a long road for sure.  Why do we have to take it to the other extreme?

joe d took a roster that won 6 games and made them a roster that will probably win zero games

the love he is getting is comical-he has done nothing but make the team worse-he hit on his first round pick and his second round pick looks to be good-the rest hot garbage-he brought over tons of free agents that sucked too

parcells as I have said a million times-took a one win team and turned them around in a year and took them to the playoffs the following year with 12 wins and the AFC title game-

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Currently the team he works for is on pace for one of the worst seasons in NFL history.

Jury is still out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, peebag said:

Currently the team he works for is on pace for one of the worst seasons in NFL history.

Jury is still out.

Have NONE of you guys been paying attention to the following:

1) We have the worst coach in the NFL?

2) We have had almost 10 years of continual bad drafting?

3) We have continually gone out and put a band-aid to this drafting approach by over-spending on F/A, most of which haven't worked out.

So, lets play your game though: Jury is still out because we are on pace for one of the worst NFL seasons in history.

The Dallas Cowboys, after more than a dozen 10 win seasons in about 15 years, slowly declined to the point where they had a 1-15 season, one of the worst.  Jimmy Johnson decides to trade his best bargaining chip, Herschel Walker, and Johnson takes those picks and, by either using them to pick a player or as bargaining chips to move up/down in later drafts or gain more assets, turns the Cowboys into a perennial contender for a decade, culminating into three super bowl victories in 4 years.

Yeah, it sucks watching an 0-11 team.  But this is what has been needed for a decade with this franchise: a complete overhaul in thinking.  Building your team in the draft.  Selling what little assets you have as a bad franchise and getting as much for them as you can.  Continually manipulate the draft in your favor by constantly having additional assets so you can draft players you want.  

Will it work out?  NOBODY KNOWS.  And for the 345th time this past season, I will say it again:

How about we all come back after the draft in 2022, and see where we are after three (hopefully) solid drafts, and 2 more F/A periods.  The only thing this year was about was a) seeing how well Douglas' draft picks play, and b) What do we have in Sam Darnold.  We now know the answer to b), and we are learning more and more about a)

See you in 2022.