Fields is an elite prospect too

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Looks like we'll see Fields vs Lawrence head to head in the CFP.

As for Trask , he's had a great season but Pitts is a major weapon, he was out against LSU and it was quite noticable.  Give Fields or Trevor a weapon like that and they'd look even better . 

Noticeable!? Florida scored 34 points in a 3 point loss. Trask was 29/47 for 474 yards without Pitts. While he did throw 2 interceptions, one was a fluke. Florida's D lost that game, Trask did well even without Pitts.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He will never be a good NFL starter.  I see close to nothing in his game that say NFL starter.

He does nothing elite.

relative weak arm, relatively slow for a guy with a weak arm, not particularly accurate.  I don't think I've seen him complete a pass to a covered receiver.  Kinda reminds me of Marcus Mariotta.  if that's the case let's just sign him and keep #2 overall.

This is such a bad take but we will see.  Lol 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Noticeable!? Florida scored 34 points in a 3 point loss. Trask was 29/47 for 474 yards without Pitts. While he did throw 2 interceptions, one was a fluke. Florida's D lost that game, Trask did well even without Pitts.

Yes noticeable . LSU's D was putrid this season , Pitts not playing was a big reason Florida did not put up 50 or more. The kid is a matchup nightmare.  

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. He was significantly better than what Fields showed on Saturday. Holding the ball/deer in headlights- you cant draft that at 2. He's also not as athletic as Murray/Lamar.

You guys are absolutely ridiculous with your blinders for a single QB that's been over-hyped since day 1 . 

• Upvote 1

I will say this, I watched that entire Clemson game & saw one back shoulder throw that was on the money though contested.

Every other throw guys were wide open or they were check downs & 5 yard passes. 
But, what do I know? I just watch the games. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

#1 and #2 prospects in the country coming out of High School.  Both are total studs.  Fields is the highest rated player to ever take the field for OSU. He also had the brains to go to Harvard.  You could do worse than Justin Fields. 

That said, trade back, sign Winston, score 40 a game.

40 what? Picks? 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

I loved allen. Loved Watson-Loved Mahomes Loved Farve -all guys I wanted the jets to get- I also loved marino to but we got stuck with Kenny O. Unlike our previous GM  I knew Hackenburg was never going to be a NFL QB and I also know the Morgan Pick was a waste though some say he is our tom brady lol

However, I am not perfect in the QB arena I thought P Lynch was going to be good in Denver  

And funny the 2 QB's that most think are the Goats were 3rd and 6th rd picks. .Johnny Unitas was a 8th rd pick by the Steelers and cut and was picked up by the Colts..

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I will say this, I watched that entire Clemson game & saw one back shoulder throw that was on the money though contested.

Every other throw guys were wide open or they were check downs & 5 yard passes. 
But, what do I know? I just watch the games. 

Lawrence has everything you want in a QB, but he hasn't faced adversity , he's had it too easy for most of his college career. Will he be a great QB in the NFL only time will tell , but those anointing him the messiah before he's taken a single NFL snap are buying into the hype machine 100%.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes noticeable . LSU's D was putrid this season , Pitts not playing was a big reason Florida did not put up 50 or more. The kid is a matchup nightmare.  

474 yards was tied for his most yards in a game this season. So, what was noticeable? That he didn't score more TD's because didn't have Pitts in the red zone? They did kick two FGs -- a 23 yarder and a 31 yarder. Is that what you mean?

I'm seriously trying to understand how a QB can throw for 474 yards and it being a a bad thing. Even if he is better with Pitts -- who wouldn't be -- how is it bad that he tied his season high of 474 yards without Pitts.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Wilson is 6'2 212 he'd have to run a 4.3 like Vick for his scrambling to be considered elite enough for the 2 pick 

He's a decent dude not elite tho. 

Darnold isn’t an elite scrambler but he can run when necesssary.  That’s all you need.  I do think Wilson will quickly emerge as the 2nd best qb in this class, whether or not douglas wants to pin his legacy to him at 2 is another matter.  Fields is very much a product of the OSU system and elite talent, he can throw but you can see his ‘processsor’ isn’t fast.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Lawrence has everything you want in a QB, but he hasn't faced adversity , he's had it too easy for most of his college career. Will he be a great QB in the NFL only time will tell , but those anointing him the messiah before he's taken a single NFL snap are buying into the hype machine 100%.

Exactly, I refuse to believe there is only 1 QB in this upcoming draft that will have NFL success. 
Of course I’m not taking a chance at #2 but I would certainly consider trading back for more picks & taking a QB. What teams in the top 10 picks are targeting a QB this year? 
I do think the bengals would trade up to the Jets for Sewell! Burrow coming off ACL/MCL? 
Bectons a beast, we take Sewell his agent will want LT money pretty quickly. 
Jets could own this 1st round in 2021 & a lot of you guys have said let’s build the team & then find a QB. That could happen this year with 9 or more picks coming in 2022 to really take off! 

2021 NFL Draft: Updated quarterback rankings
  • Justin Fields Ohio State.
  • Trevor Lawrence Clemson. © Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Trey Lance North Dakota State. © Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Zach Wilson BYU. © George Frey/Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Kyle Trask Florida. ... 
  • Mac Jones Alabama. ... 
  • Sam Ehlinger Texas. ... 
  • Jamie Newman Georgia.
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Theres nothing wrong with Fields he is QB1 in most classes. He just isnt TL. He is definitely higher rated prospect than Sam coming out. Zach wilson is pretty good prospect himself. 

jd isnt risking his career on Sam. I wonder who he takes.

Looking at the glass half full:

1) Sam is boosting his trade value and can do so with the last 2 games having good showing and at best not winning both games, but say only winning at most 1 game i.e NE making sure we at least get number 2 pick.

2) Similar to 1 above, but lose both games and Jax wins 1 still giving us the number 1 pick.

3) If 1 above occurs, we take say Fields and get a pretty good trade value for Darnold to start over building around Fields.

4) JD decides to roll with Darnold and someone should trade up for Fields where we can build enough with all draft picks and FA and see where it takes us in 2021 with a new HC and coaching staff.  

Aye, life could be worse where we are going through the worst Pandemic and Economy then anyone of us have ever experienced something out of a scary tragic movie. Oh, I forgot we are and this hasn't all been a long running nightmare we just woke up from. 

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

No other qb (besides Lawrence) is worth drafting in round 1 this year.  

I think you're right. W/ no Lawrence, I'd much rather build w Sam D. 

What wouldn't be the worst scenario is us with first pick, Lawrence pulling a Peyton, and then having half the league bid for the top pick. Yes, it would be humiliation (like we don't know what that feels like?) but it would create a situation where a productive gm, as we would like to think Joe D is, could go to town. 

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

image.png.9b0b71220ee0af1930d4d92c996dc849.png

Bargaining... was that when I yelled "I'M DONE!!!" about 5 min after the game?

I know some fans yell this almost weekly, year in and year out, but last night when the Jets ensured no silver lining for 3 seasons of rock bottom football, that was probably the first time for me. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I say draft Penei Sewell with the 2nd overall, Najee Harris with the 2nd 1st round pick, sign Joe Thuney to play guard and have elite offensive line with beast najee harris running the rock

Travis Etienne or Najee Harris would be a good pick we haven't had a decent RB here in years. 

4 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Bargaining... was that when I yelled "I'M DONE!!!" about 5 min after the game?

I know some fans yell this almost weekly, year in and year out, but last night when the Jets ensured no silver lining for 3 seasons of rock bottom football, that was probably the first time for me. 

Lol sounds like you've already passed anger.

38 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And nobody thought Mahomes would be what is he today. And he wouldn't be if he went to the Jets.