Official Top 5 draft order

choon328

Take Fields even if it’s just to keep Miami in QB purgatory. Tua will take them no where.

A bunch of key starters sat for Buffalo and he threw 3 picks... I guess Fitzmagic rubbed off on him. As a side note, the team performance also speaks volumes about Flores - completely embarrassed. Their season was very 2015 Jets-ish

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, King P said:

Tua isn't getting traded, stop it.

That being said, it's too risky to drop down to 5 in order to get our QB. Also, I highly doubt, the Bengals the trade up to 5, and if they do we won't get a big haul. Not worth it. Stay at 2 and draft Fields

Have you seen Tua play? He's awful. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King P said:

I don't care how awful you think he is. The fact of the matter is the Dolphins aren't going to give up on him after only half a season.

Don't even mention Arizona, that's an outlier

Arizona had the #1 pick . Like you said an outlier . If Miami had the #1 pick they would take Lawrence. But not happening at 3

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Have you seen Tua play? He's awful. 

I think he has a very mediocre throwing arm and has serious durability issues. So, I get where you are coming from. But I just think it's incredibly unlikely that the Dolphins move on from him after 9 career starts. 

It really looks like they should have taken Herbert, but Tua's leash is going to be a tad bit longer than 9 games. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The obsession with trading down on this board is just nuts to me. 

We have plenty of draft capital over the next few years to build a good NFL roster. What we don't have is a good QB . . . 

Agreed...and I don't trust Douglas to draft early impact players with those picks...he tends to draft too many project guys...

After missing out on Trevor Lawrence I was all in on Sewell. 

But not anymore. 

Justin Fields was special against Clemson and if he's magical against Alabama he's a 100% no brainier pick @ #2 overall behind only Trevor Lawrence. 

What's going to stink is watching Miami give Tua a generational Franchise LT in Penei Sewell.

• Upvote 2

Right now I gotta believe that it's..

1. Jags- Trevor Lawrence

2. Jets- Justin Fields

From there it gets interesting. Jets control this draft with their decision. Especially if teams like Fields but not Wilson or vice versa. I can't see the Jets passing on a QB at 2. But if they did, or traded the pick, things will get wild at the top part of the draft.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think he has a very mediocre throwing arm and has serious durability issues. So, I get where you are coming from. But I just think it's incredibly unlikely that the Dolphins move on from him after 9 career starts. 

It really looks like they should have taken Herbert, but Tua's leash is going to be a tad bit longer than 9 games. 

0.0009% chance of that happening. I've spoken to Miami fans who are plugged in, and they've mentioned as far back as early last season how much Dolphins organization was gushing over Tua. They have thought highly of him for a very long time, and I doubt that's changed so quickly.

For better or worse, they're going to build around Tua and give him every possible chance to succeed.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, King P said:

0.0009% chance of that happening. I've spoken to Miami fans who are plugged in, and they've mentioned as far back as early last season how much Dolphins organization was gushing over Tua. They have thought highly of him for a very long time, and I doubt that's changed so quickly.

For better or worse, they're going to build around Tua and give him every possible chance to succeed.

I agree

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The obsession with trading down on this board is just nuts to me. 

We have plenty of draft capital over the next few years to build a good NFL roster. What we don't have is a good QB . . . 

We are also obsessed with salary cap. I got an idea, how about we get some blue chip talent in here before we start fretting over their second contracts?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Tua blows but the dolphins are to close to competing to go rookie QB again, especially the third best QB in the draft. They will retain Fitz or probably be in the market for a veteran in the offseason. 

From what I've seen from Tua he doesn't have the strongest arm in the world and is incredibly risk averse. He's like the Samoan Tyrod Taylor. IMO - he's got a very low ceiling as a starter.

• Upvote 1

Looking very forward to seeing how this pans out.  All options on the table.

Still think it will hinge on if they can get a late 1st or SFs 2nd for Darnold.  If so, it may be Fields time after all.

If not and some team offers a haul for the 2nd, take it and Sam gets 1 last chance.

Neither is a bad outcome.