Arthur Smith coming In Tonight

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are nothing if not consistent. 

Think about the head coaches we have attracted since you were a little kid with the sole exception of Bill Parcells and his AFCE vendetta:

Walt Michaels (internal promotion)
Joe Walton (internal promotion)
Bruce Coslet (coordinator)
Pete Carroll (internal promotion)
Rich Kotite (fired head coach)
Al Groh (internal promotion)
Herman Edwards (position coach)
Eric Mangini (coordinator)
Rex Ryan (coordinator)
Todd Bowles (coordinator)
Adam Gase (fired head coach)

That's 11 head coaches since you've been a fan, not one of them better than the one we fired before him.  

Why would anyone think the Jets have a shot at a top candidate when we have never had one of those in our entire history?  It's a shame Belichick doesn't want to stick it to Kraft; it seems to be the only way we get a good head coach in here.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, football guy said:

He has pitched the same OCs as Saleh: Mike LaFleur and Mike McDaniel. 

Brandon Staley, too, has pitched these guys. 

Hate to break it to all these candidates, but there are only 2 of these guys. I hope the Jets realize they're going to have to make them among the highest paid OCs in the league... they're in serious demand. 

Are you DJ? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Do we have a guy in a bush outside 1 Jets Drive tonight too?

Smith, while highly successful in Tennessee, gets a Meh from me.  Some podcasts I’ve listened to kinda peg him to be a Gase type / not so great with media and always in the playbook.  The posts saying he’s pitched the SF guys as OC make it seem a bit better though.

We should start a gofundme to raise his bail money 

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

image.thumb.png.9790f0eb51ec0dbe922d246842f23880.png

I don’t exactly love the way his is sitting during this interview. Seems a little pervy - but if he can coach his ass off why would I care!

It's so hard to tell satire from actual hot takes on here now so I'm going to give you a benefit of the doubt and give you an upvote. Don't disappoint me.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's so hard to tell satire from actual hot takes on here now so I'm going to give you a benefit of the doubt and give you an upvote. Don't disappoint me.

Honestly who sits like that during an interview? Just doesn’t look quite right to me.

• WTF? 1

47 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Do we have a guy in a bush outside 1 Jets Drive tonight too?

Smith, while highly successful in Tennessee, gets a Meh from me.  Some podcasts I’ve listened to kinda peg him to be a Gase type / not so great with media and always in the playbook.  The posts saying he’s pitched the SF guys as OC make it seem a bit better though.

Who said he was going to pitch the San Fran guys?

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

I guy with boulders in his britches. Not surprised it's a foreign look to you ;) 

I’m Jewish so u know what that means - second to none - but I don’t sit like that - only halfway. He’s got perv written all over him. But again if he can coach this Jet team to 10 or more wins a season he can be as pervy as he wants. 

• WTF? 1

I just did some digging and I'm not exactly thrilled with some of the coaches he has worked under.

However they all kept him around and moved him from position to position and he's worked on both sides of the ball. I watched two different interviews and the guy is hyper intelligent. He actually reminds me a little bit of Parcells.

No I'm not comparing him to Parcells or saying he is Parcells. He just looks and Carries himself in a similar way. A hell of a lot more than Nicolas Cage that's for sure. For whoever came up with that one LOL

2 hours ago, football guy said:

He has pitched the same OCs as Saleh: Mike LaFleur and Mike McDaniel. 

Brandon Staley, too, has pitched these guys. 

Hate to break it to all these candidates, but there are only 2 of these guys. I hope the Jets realize they're going to have to make them among the highest paid OCs in the league... they're in serious demand. 

35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Who said he was going to pitch the San Fran guys?

28 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’m Jewish so u know what that means - second to none - but I don’t sit like that - only halfway. He’s got perv written all over him. But again if he can coach this Jet team to 10 or more wins a season he can be as pervy as he wants. 

Bring back Jenn Sterger if they hire him. 

image.png.8a23aaf4787938b0b4f25914d885989f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1