Would you trade up to #1 if the Jags didn’t want Lawrence?

50 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Lets say Urban isnt too keen on Trevor Lawrence , would you give the Jags #2 and #34 to move to #1?

Yep.  Or their number one this year and a number one next year.  

It still gives me a bile rise knowing how the Jets lost out on TL.

Some do not know WHAT MAY BE the inside story (UNCONFIRMED BY ANY SOURCE), but unseen pressure was put on CJ to stop the tank.  That is why they practiced and prepared to play hard vs. the Rams and Cleveland.  And neither of those teams was expecting a fight.

A certain unnamed DC that was fired from the Jets was running his mouth about the Jets tank job.  As per that unnamed individual, the desire to tank went all the way up to CJ.

The league office got calls from a few owners that didn't want to see the Jets collecting a pearl like Trevor Lawrence.  All with concerns about league image and integrity. 

Subsequently, intimidation and pressure fell on CJ and JD.

The following week, they beat the Rams... And then, the Browns.

The Jets were maneuvered out of their prize by owners that are now laughing up their sleeve.

Enjoy the draft  QB table scraps you'll get... 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Some may not know the inside story, but unseen pressure was put on CJ to stop the tank.  That is why they practiced and prepared to play hard vs. the Rams and Cleveland.  And neither of those teams was expecting a fight.

A certain unnamed DC that was fired from the Jets was running his mouth about the Jets tank job.  As per that unnamed individual, the desire to tank went all the way up to CJ.

The league office got calls from a few owners that didn't want to see the Jets collecting a pearl like Trevor Lawrence.  All with concerns about league image and integrity. 

The Jets were maneuvered out of their prize by owners that are now laughing up their sleeve.

If that is true, then CJ is the biggest wuss in the history of the NFL.

What pressure can they put on you?   You are worth billions, and there is no way they can force you to sell the team, so who cares.

32 minutes ago, chirorob said:

If that is true, then CJ is the biggest wuss in the history of the NFL.

What pressure can they put on you?   You are worth billions, and there is no way they can force you to sell the team, so who cares.

A lot could have been said to cause a reverse of direction.  FYI... I didn't explain something correctly above.  The unnamed DC was not fired because he blew a defensive call that lead to the Raiders winning the game at the last minute.  The DC was ordered to find a way to let the Raiders score.  Afterwards, the DC went on a tirade about it and was subsequently fired.  After such, some Jets dirty laundry including the tank job made its way to league brass and a few owners.  CJ got a call from the league office and then their new winning ways commenced. 

25 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Lets say Urban isnt too keen on Trevor Lawrence , would you give the Jags #2 and #34 to move to #1?

No, I wouldn't.

If that's the case it means they like like Wilson better.  They need a QB and can't get past 2 or else they risk losing their guy.

Sit tight and force them to take Wilson and TL will be there for us.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

If Urban isnt keen on Trevor why did he take the job?  For Fields??? In that case let him take Fields and let Trevor fall into our lap. 

Zero chance of that happening.  Not a single GM honestly has Fields in the same class as TL.  Only the talking heads in sports media who are trying to keep you entertained are suggesting that Fields or Wilson are in the running to go 1st over all. 

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Some may not know the inside story, but unseen pressure was put on CJ to stop the tank.  That is why they practiced and prepared to play hard vs. the Rams and Cleveland.  And neither of those teams was expecting a fight.

You cant really believe this right? 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You cant really believe this right? 

Who would ??? I don't know it first hand, but I trust the person that told me.  Going to add here.  Just conjecture, but it may have been that CJ was actually threatened with the loss of the first over-all draft pick for deliberately loosing games.  If CJ knew that their DC was ordered to throw the game and that DC was disgruntled and ready to talk... That would be enough of a pretext for a league official to make a case against them and enough motive for CJ and JD to worry and start winning to avoid scandal and a loss of a draft pick

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yes, but you are going to probably get slaughtered for even suggesting it.  Also, it would probably take more than that, given what other teams might be offering (including MIA).

You have to be kidding. You would give more to move up one spot? I would swap picks and give them a 2022 second and 2023 second. They obviously want a different QB if they trade out so they get their guy and 2 second  round picks. This draft, especially  this first round is too loaded to give picks away.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

You have to be kidding. You would give more to move up one spot? I would swap picks and give them a 2022 second and 2023 second. They obviously want a different QB if they trade out so they get their guy and 2 second  round picks. This draft, especially  this first round is too loaded to give picks away.

FWIW the Bears traded a 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up from 3 to 2 in a trade where they probably had no competition.  So I think moving from 2 to 1 for TL would cost more.

23 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think this is the most convoluted thing I have read here. Where did you dream this up from? Are you suggesting the Jets could have won more games and didn't?  

28 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm not sure where I heard this before (maybe from a post by you?)  I find it shocking, if true.

Is there any corroboration for this allegation?  

Just now, Dcat said:

I'm not sure where I heard this before (maybe from a post by you?)  I find it shocking, if true.

Is there any corroboration for this allegation?  

None.  Not one single source I can post.  You can consider it the rantings of a fan on the internet.  

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

FWIW the Bears traded a 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up from 3 to 2 in a trade where they probably had no competition.  So I think moving from 2 to 1 for TL would cost more.

Just curious,  who did the Bears draft that year? 

Getting back to this deal, when you hold the #1 pick, it is extremely rare to trade out of that position when you are going to pick a QB so this isn't  happening  but if it did, the Jags certainly don't want Lawrence  and if they are trying to get cute, the only team it makes sense to deal with is the Jets because they can't  afford to trade into say the 5th spot and watch 3 QB's come off the board. We have leverage in this deal. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is the most convoluted thing I have read here. Where did you dream this up from? Are you suggesting the Jets could have won more games and didn't?  

Yes.  They could have.  Players were never given any motive or instruction to play below their best abilities. but the GM traded away players that would have certainly given them a few more wins, and coaches did not put the players they had in the best place to win.  In the pro game, things are very competitive.  In order to lose every single game, only a few veiled efforts have to be made to accomplish that.  You dont need players on board with it.  Just the owner, GM and HC