So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I would love that. Can get an elite lineman or playmaker for Zach. If we stay at 23 I think the top value will be CB and LB so sort of a no man's land for the Jets.

23 truly is a weird spot. You can get an equal talent at 34. Hence why I think one way or another the Jets will move up

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, football guy said:

When subtracting the QBs, here's what we're looking at as the guys who in my mind very clearly separate themselves from the rest of the class (in no particular order):  

• TE Kyle Pitts
  • OT Penei Sewell
  • OT Rashawn Slater 
  • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker 
  • WR JaMarr Chase 
  • WR Jaylen Waddle 
  • LB Micah Parsons 
  • CB Patrick Surtain II

I know Smith is super lean but I just can't shake this feeling he's still going to kill it in the NFL. He's got solid functional strength for his slight frame.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Crazy thought here, but why not draft Wilson and then go for broke, trade up to 4 using our two Seattle picks, and take Sewell? 

Because Tackle isn't a need. If we trade up that far and don't take Chase or Pitts that's a fireable offense. Pick an IOL in the second round. It's a very deep class.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I am still flummoxed that SF would take Lance over Fields.  That feels like a decision to look back sadly on in a few years.

Like Orlovsky said in the video about the traits they like, I am seriously wondering if they take Mac Jones.

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

23 truly is a weird spot. You can get an equal talent at 34. Hence why I think one way or another the Jets will move up

Let’s crazy for a second. No one thinks DET is gonna do anything more with Goff than use him in the interim. 

who’s to say the new regime doesn’t offer some of their new equity to trade up with us. They can afford it 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Let’s crazy for a second. No one thinks DET is gonna do anything more with Goff than use him in the interim. 

who’s to say the new regime doesn’t offer some of their new equity to trade up with us. They can afford it 

I think the trade down ship has sailed. We are more likely to use Sam to swap picks and go up, then trade away from 2. You could see even in their masks how giddy the Jets guys were. It would be utterly shocking if the Jets did not pick Wilson, especially after the trades. But there have been draft shockers before.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think the trade down ship has sailed. We are more likely to use Sam to swap picks and go up, then trade away from 2. You could see even in their masks how giddy the Jets guys were. It would be utterly shocking if the Jets did not pick Wilson, especially after the trades. But there have been draft shockers before.

The trade back ships sails when/if Darnold is traded. Till then, go Zachurbate somewhere else please. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.

If it's the right QB.

I don't think Wilson is.  I think he's all hype, an undersized, small school, played-nobody hype-monster.

He's going to fall flat on his face in New York.

I agree.  But you should still learn from past mistakes, even if you didn't make them.

Ultimately, we'll see.  Somehow I doubt all the hype-heads for Wilson will admit how wrong they are if he fails, just like 99% of the hype-heads for Sam now pretend they never really liked him all along.  Same old same old.

All the coaches and scouts are drooling over this kids talent, had the highest rated season in College Football history, but he's just a hype machine, LOL. The ball flies out of his hand - has a strong mental side to his game - everything to be a great QB in the league. Only a couple QBs in the NFL can move one way and flick the ball the other way on a dime and 50 yards down the field. (Rodgers and Mahomes). Josh Allen could throw it, but it would go out of bounds most likely. :) He's also extremely accurate and fun to watch, which has to matter to ownership. Mac Jones is the overhyped QB in this process. He shouldn't even be picked in the first round IMO. It's tough to be a statue in today's NFL.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

That would be the reach of the century considering how much they gave up.

Well if you think he is the guy and you think you might lose him at a lower spot than you just make sure you get him. Value and reach don't really apply to the decision making of making a QB like it would for other players.

I mean think of it logically:

SF trades to 3. No one is trading what SF did and not taking QB.

SF knows they are not getting Wilson. Remember Shanahan and Saleh are great friends they likely shared their plans at 2.

SF did the trade before Fields pro day. It is possible but unlikely if they were considering Fields that they would do the trade before his Pro Day.

So that leaves Lance and Jones. Lance has upside but Jones is tailor made for what Shanahan likes in a QB and the offense.

If he works out picking him at 3 or 12 makes zero difference and he is likely not there at 12. 

We could see the first 5 pics all be QBs

Just now, Greensleeves said:

All the coaches and scouts are drooling over this kids talent, had the highest rated season in College Football history, but he's just a hype machine, LOL. The ball flies out of his hand - has a strong mental side to his game - everything to be a great QB in the league. Only a couple QBs in the NFL can move one way and flick the ball the other way on a dime and 50 yards down the field. (Rodgers and Mahomes). Josh Allen could throw it, but it would go out of bounds most likely. :) He's also extremely accurate and fun to watch, which has to matter to ownership. Mac Jones is the overhyped QB in this process. He shouldn't even be picked in the first round IMO. It's tough to be a statue in today's NFL.

Blah blah blah, same hype hype sh*t all of you said about Sanchez (and now deny).  And Geno (and now deny).  And Sam (and now deny).  

You guys are like the faithful, you have a predetermined end result, and all your beliefs nd arguments are built to protect that belief, facts be damned.

If we found out tomorrow the Jets were 100% drafting Lance at #2, if JD literally publicly announced it, 90% of this board would be talking sh*t about Wilson within a week and talking up Lance as generation and fun and accurate blah blah blah.

Hell, Jet Nut already has Wilson in the Hall, lol.

1 hour ago, RogerVick1980 said:

The small school thing doesn’t bother me look at Josh Allen

The same Josh Allen 95% of this board thought would be a bust, and were calling him a glorified RB right up through mid-2020?

Forget it, it's a pointless exercise.  We're almost assuredly drafting Wilson, so Wilson is now the greatest bestest ever.

Fine.  We'll see it on the field then.  Deeds, not hot air.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The same Josh Allen 95% of this board thought would be a bust, and were calling him a glorified RB right up through mid-2020?

Forget it, it's a pointless exercise.  We're almost assuredly drafting Wilson, so Wilson is now the greatest bestest ever.

Regardless he’s a great QB from a small school.

the school thing is irrelevant..

If we are  playing that game  that then we could say let’s not draft Fields because OSU has a history of busts at the QB position in the NFL

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Josh Allen is a super freak athlete who the Bills invested an enormous amount of coaching and support players in.  Year 1 Darnold was better, Year 2 he made great strides and Year 3 he was great. 

If Josh Allen was picked by the Jets we would be talking about him like we talk about Darnold now.  The key difference is that the Jets can reboot and start over with a new rookie contract.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson will be in the HOF.

Ok.

No, he'll suck ass because you wont believe all that have good things to say about him.   

And please find one post where I or anyone else has him penciled into the HOF.  The over the top comment to smack those who like him 

Admit it, you never watched him play a single game

You admit you dont watch "minor league ball" right?  And you pretty much have the same view of every college kid who goes into the draft.

Thats ok, you think you can review a kids career of Youtube videos.  

I dont.  I will say this I know more about Wilson and his game than you do

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Blah blah blah, same hype hype sh*t all of you said about Sanchez (and now deny).  And Geno (and now deny).  And Sam (and now deny).  

You guys are like the faithful, you have a predetermined end result, and all your beliefs nd arguments are built to protect that belief, facts be damned.

If we found out tomorrow the Jets were 100% drafting Lance at #2, if JD literally publicly announced it, 90% of this board would be talking sh*t about Wilson within a week and talking up Lance as generation and fun and accurate blah blah blah.

Hell, Jet Nut already has Wilson in the Hall, lol.

Thats two times you credited me with total Bullshlt 

Find the post, copy and paste it or pick on someone who doesnt know the game.

I'm being nice....again.

But really, I dont like idiotic, braindead statements attributed to me.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam goes nowhere. If SF can run with Garropolo and Lance, we can run with Darnold and Wilson.  

No need to rush the kid, and Sam will be a quality backup.  Wilson is an Alpha and Darnold is a sissy so they’ll get along fine, no controversy. 

SAR I

People are not paying attention to the fact that Wilson only had one good year and that was last year in the last seven. It wouldn’t hurt to let Wilson sit and learn for one year no matter what!

If Mahomes, Brady and Rogers could sit so can Wilson....

Sitting doesn’t mean anything other than you get proper coaching. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Like Orlovsky said in the video about the traits they like, I am seriously wondering if they take Mac Jones.

If I truly believe that, I would gladly trade back to #4, let ATL have Wilson, and Take Fields at #4 along with the 2021 2nd and 2022 1st.  Very different kinds of QBs but I think both have similar chances to become stars (yes, I'm coming around a bit on Wilson) but I would take that kind of draft capital to let ATL have first choice.  

#35 could be used to jump from #23 up to the #12-16 range and another first next year?  Yum.  

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, LockeJET said:

I just don’t understand our philosophy.  we let all the quarterback chips fall and never traded Sam. which leads me to believe that he’s our QB next year and the Jets will trade back.  I don’t agree with it but why would we screw ourselves like this? Just so we can watch the BS Pro Days? Plenty of film on them. 

Why is it too late to trade Darnold?  Douglas is doing his due diligence on the QB prospects, as he should.  That's a pretty big reason why he's taking his time on trading Darnold.  I want Darnold out of here as much or more as the next guy, but I at least can understand why Douglas is waiting until closer to draft day to pull the trigger on a trade.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Crazy thought here, but why not draft Wilson and then go for broke, trade up to 4 using our two Seattle picks, and take Sewell? 

Not a crazy thought, but I imagine the amount Douglas would have to give up to move all the way to 4 would be astronomical.  All the GM's are aware how valuable the picks in that 4-8 range are this year. 

With as many as 4 QB's going in the top 5 picks, the talent at other positions being left behind for those teams drafting right behind them is staggering.  And as has been pointed out in this thread, collegiate scouting was supremely difficult this year, so anyone outside of the elite guys was difficult to get a read on than it would have been under normal circumstances.  Low 1st round picks are less valuable than usual right now.

46 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If I truly believe that, I would gladly trade back to #4, let ATL have Wilson, and Take Fields at #4 along with the 2021 2nd and 2022 1st.  Very different kinds of QBs but I think both have similar chances to become stars (yes, I'm coming around a bit on Wilson) but I would take that kind of draft capital to let ATL have first choice.  

#35 could be used to jump from #23 up to the #12-16 range and another first next year?  Yum.  

Why get cute? Wilson is better and a better fit for the offense. We still have a ton of draft picks after

I agree that #23 is a precarious spot. It’s the pick I have the most difficulty with in every mock Draft using various sites. At 23 I’m missing out on the guys I’d love to see there most (Vera-Tucker, Surtain II, etc) and I force myself into reaching for guys I could possibly get later (Greg Newsome, Tevin Jenkins, Creed Humphrey, Terrace Marshall, etc) 

It seems like No Man’s Land. I like Etienne but JD isn’t going RB there. I think the Jets want to get up into the Top 13 from 23 or move back into the 30’s. Quite honestly, I’d rather have two picks in the mid 40’s rather than the 23. 

How about Darnold, #23 and the #146 for #9 with Denver?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

People are not paying attention to the fact that Wilson only had one good year and that was last year in the last seven. It wouldn’t hurt to let Wilson sit and learn for one year no matter what!

If Mahomes, Brady and Rogers could sit so can Wilson....

Sitting doesn’t mean anything other than you get proper coaching. 

you dont see the differance?

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, who was pretty good back then. they won 54 games in 5 year with him.

Brady sat behind Bledsoe, another good QB at the time, plus Brady was a 6th rd pick. nobody was putting pressure on NE to finally start a 6th rd pick

Rodgers sat behind Farve. i need not say any more about that

you want Wilson the 2nd pick in the entire draft to sit, a year no less behind Sucky Sam Darnold.. 

BIG difference.

you dont sit unless you have a really good QB in front of you. thats not Sam. if Wilson doesnt start day 1 he will start by week 3. you know that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree that #23 is a precarious spot. It’s the pick I have the most difficulty with in every mock Draft using various sites. At 23 I’m missing out on the guys I’d love to see there most (Vera-Tucker, Surtain II, etc) and I force myself into reaching for guys I could possibly get later (Greg Newsome, Tevin Jenkins, Creed Humphrey, Terrace Marshall, etc) 

It seems like No Man’s Land. I like Etienne but JD isn’t going RB there. I think the Jets want to get up into the Top 13 from 23 or move back into the 30’s. Quite honestly, I’d rather have two picks in the mid 40’s rather than the 23. 

How about Darnold, #23 and the #146 for #9 with Denver?

100% agree. But I'm no OL guru either.  Maybe JD sees an OL that he thinks should be around 23?

Assuming we hang on to the #2 for a moment, would you rather trade the 23 with another pick(s) to move up or trade the #23 to move down?

For me, it all depends who is there and I like a lot of the projected top 16 picks.  I know it's not popular around these parts, but if the right player is sitting there, a move up from 23 is something people should realize is a possibility.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

100% agree. But I'm no OL guru either.  Maybe JD sees an OL that he thinks should be around 23?

Assuming we hang on to the #2 for a moment, would you rather trade the 23 with another pick(s) to move up or trade the #23 to move down?

For me, it all depends who is there and I like a lot of the projected top 16 picks.  I know it's not popular around these parts, but if the right player is sitting there, a move up from 23 is something people should realize is a possibility.

At this stage of the roster build that's a really good question.

Having seen what we've done to young QBs on this team makes it even tougher.  Part of me says use the 23 and something else to move up and get a guy like Rashawn Slater or Vera-Tucker to help solidify the line as priority 1.  But I also think with so many needs on this team we could still do well moving down from 23 to somewhere in the mid-30's, get a solid RT prospect and a WR.

Tough call.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

At this stage of the roster build that's a really good question.

Having seen what we've done to young QBs on this team makes it even tougher.  Part of me says use the 23 and something else to move up and get a guy like Rashawn Slater or Vera-Tucker to help solidify the line as priority 1.  But I also think with so many needs on this team we could still do well moving down from 23 to somewhere in the mid-30's, get a solid RT prospect and a WR.

Tough call.

I think with so many QB’s pencilled to go top 5, the elite none QB players will be even more valuable. It may cost to much to move up from 23. I’d love to see the Jets move out of 23 and get more picks in round 2 and 3. There’s going to be so much talent available at the top of round 2. We need a big influx of youth and talent. I don’t see the Jets move out of 2 no matter what any one offers.