So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

With today's trade SF is out.  The Bears signed Dalton, WFT signed Fitzpatrick, Indy traded for Wentz.  The QB musical chairs are almost coming to a stop.

Can we still get a 2 for Sam?  What teams may still be in the running?

Still think the Saints and Broncos are possibilities.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

A trade is a possibility for the #2 pick, but it would have to be an overwhelming offer for Joe Douglas to consider it.

Other than that, I still think that the Jets could get a lower 2nd round pick for Darnold, if the Jets do what is now obvious and pick Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Hyperbole by you, we’ve never been in this position before 

Dead last and praying the NEXT QB is the REAL Savior?

Yeah, we've been here before.  This is just another reset, like all the many resets (and homer hype) before them.

We'll see if this one is different that the last bunch.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

If the Jets are taking Zach Wilson, look out a Sam Darnold, #23, and #86 for #9 swap

I would do this in a heart beat. You'd get your choice of a skill player like Chase, Smith or Pitts. Or a tackle like Slater. Or a LB like Parsons. But I'd prefer a WR/TE. 

Who do you think they'd target at 9 in this case? 

• Upvote 1

The difference here is that this reset, we have a GM who we believe in more than the last two GMs that we had. Tannenbaum was probably our last decent GM. Idzik and MacCagnan were so bad. 

Let's hope this is the last reset for a decade. 

LL

P.S. After this proday, there is no way that Wilson falls past #2. The Jets SHOULD draft Wilson, do not stick with Darnold, he has regressed in these three years and I have zero faith he can be redeemed as a part of the NYJ. 

7 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

?DJ been saying this .. @football guy would it be for Pitts or Ol ? 

I know Jets are infatuated with Pitts but not sure he'd make it down to them. But what's clear is that they realize this draft is a recipe for draft mistakes due to the weird season. Like last year all that was disrupted were the pro-days, this year scouts couldn't get the interaction they were used to having, the player's were all F'd up due to the pandemic, no combine... it all plays into it. The drop-off from the top 8 or so players is steep, and I think the Jets want to position themselves to come away with a top 5 non-QB prospect one way or another. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I know Jets are infatuated with Pitts but not sure he'd make it down to them. But what's clear is that they realize this draft is a recipe for draft mistakes due to the weird season. Like last year all that was disrupted were the pro-days, this year scouts couldn't get the interaction they were used to having, the player's were all F'd up due to the pandemic, no combine... it all plays into it. The drop-off from the top 8 or so players is steep, and I think the Jets want to position themselves to come away with a top 5 non-QB prospect one way or another. 

I think there's a chance he could fall 9, but I don't see any of Chase, Smith or Pitts making it out of the top 10.