Sam Darnold was asked to draw the Panthers logo and Twitter is going nuts.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

wow, they are taking to Sam like a fly on sh*t. 

1st trying out grits, now this. there trying really hard to make there fan base like him so when he busts this year they same the same stuff some here said...

oh Sam is such a nice guy, lets give him one more chance..

they got to do something so there fan base doesn't explode when there paying 18 mil for the worst QB in the league

100% Wait till he actually has a great year with a much better coaching staff and much better talent around him. This place is going to explode, especially if Zach doesn't have a good year. Hopefully Zach does have a great year and is the ROY! Both teams win if that happens.

The Sam Darnold obsession continues.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, undertow said:

Teddy Bridegwater has never throw for over 15 TDs....I don't think this year was gonna be the first.  Why do people act like Teddy Bridgewater is Joe Montana I'm not even sure he's better then Mitch Trubisky. lol

Still better than Darnold.  Evaluate that statement before ripping on a fine man like Teddy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, GaryM said:

100% Wait till he actually has a great year with a much better coaching staff and much better talent around him. This place is going to explode, especially if Zach doesn't have a good year. Hopefully Zach does have a great year and is the ROY! Both teams win if that happens.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure why people think that is a reasonable possibility

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which top prospect?  All I see is a Cali boogie boarding mush who can't paint and plays QB even worse.

Sam Darnold.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

"I think he caught some backlash this year because of the pre-season hype and the interceptions. He's still the most complete quarterback in this draft with the best makeup to be a good pro." -- AFC Executive

Prospect Grade

PRO BOWL TALENT
  • Upvote 1

Sam throws a weak, ugly ball with no accuracy. He is a lifelong turnover machine. He wasn't good here, and he won't be good in Carolina. Hearing Carolina's hc wax poetic about Sam the other day was hilarious. He is about to lose his job when Sam does.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Sam throws a weak, ugly ball with no accuracy. He is a lifelong turnover machine. He wasn't good here, and he won't be good in Carolina. Hearing Carolina's hc wax poetic about Sam the other day was hilarious. He is about to lose his job when Sam does.

You're doing yeoman's work, sir.  And yes, I am aware of my bias.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Sam Darnold.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

"I think he caught some backlash this year because of the pre-season hype and the interceptions. He's still the most complete quarterback in this draft with the best makeup to be a good pro." -- AFC Executive

Prospect Grade

PRO BOWL TALENT

Don't forget an AFC Executive also drafted Christian Hackenberg in the second round. Oh, and don't forget this gem:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2007/2007-quarterbacks-draft-preview

JaMarcus Russell

Russell is possibly the most physically talented quarterback prospect since John Elway. He's 6-foot-6, 260 pounds with an arm that makes Brett Favre look like Danny Wuerffel. Russell is also a good runner and his arm strength allows him to hit any open receiver while he is on the move. He has huge hands, which help him avoid fumbles, and remarkably quick feet for such large man.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Don't forget an AFC Executive also drafted Christian Hackenberg in the second round. Oh, and don't forget this gem:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2007/2007-quarterbacks-draft-preview

JaMarcus Russell

Russell is possibly the most physically talented quarterback prospect since John Elway. He's 6-foot-6, 260 pounds with an arm that makes Brett Favre look like Danny Wuerffel. Russell is also a good runner and his arm strength allows him to hit any open receiver while he is on the move. He has huge hands, which help him avoid fumbles, and remarkably quick feet for such large man.

The question was asked what top prospect I was referring to.

The 7.1 grade Sam got as a prospect is quite a bit higher than the 6.5 Zach received.

One reason someone could expect good results with Sam in Carolina is that this is a top tier QB prospect finally put on an NFL caliber team.

There's no guarantee he will do great, or even decently, but it's not unreasonable to think he has a good shot of success.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The 7.1 grade Sam got as a prospect is quite a bit higher than the 6.5 Zach received.

One reason someone could expect good results with Sam in Carolina is that this is a top tier QB prospect finally put on an NFL caliber team.

There's no guarantee he will do great, or even decently, but it's not unreasonable to think he has a good shot of success.

I understand that. I was just adding context to the accuracy of scouting grades as you provided one as a show that Sam still has potential. He could potentially do very well with Carolina as he wasn't provided much here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

The instances of "top prospects" quarterbacks that turn out to be duds in their first and second homes is far greater than those of "top prospects" turning it around. The blaming of "culture" and "weapons" is valid to a degree. The majority lies on the narrow, sloped shoulders of the player, in this case Sam "Not Bob Ross" Darnold. Having taken all of this plus having seen Sam play over the course of 3 seasons where he was given a long leash and everyone but him got the blame it is actually very reasonable to state that he has a very good shot of never succeeding. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Because it's the first time a top prospect QB will be playing on an NFL caliber team.

Lol, he was the worst QB in the NFL for 3 years. He did not have the support he needed but then again he did squat to elevate the team as well. Thinking the light bulb goes on for him is just completely logic defying. There is really nothing other than his original draft grade to see he will become even an average QB. He is better than Like Faulk but even a washed up Flacco looked far superior. He is bad at reading defenses, makes the same bad throws over and over, hold the ball too long and is among the worst in the NFL at deep balls. 

I was as big of a Sam homer as anyone but the last 6 games or so our OL was decent and he had better weapons to throw to and he was still terrible. It was when I realized he would never be good. Carolina won't change that.

• Upvote 3