Zacherle protect your kin, put every penny you get from Jets in life insurance. PFF rates Van Rotten & McGovern

12 hours ago, hmhertz said:

higher than Becton

Zacherley.jpg

I saw Zacherle and then I said, "Oh, Henry!" <== I think that's a yiddish chocolate bar (?).

Don't anyone be giving hertz any guff if you can help it. He has brain damage like me @T0mShane;  who doesn't have brain damage . . .  as far as I know. ? Watch your Ps and Qs, btw. I'm already crapping pineapples.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I saw Zacherle and then I said, "Oh, Henry!" <== I think that's a yiddish chocolate bar?  Anyway, watch your Ps and Qs, btw. 

Don't anyone be giving hertz any guff if you can help it. He has brain damage like me @T0mShane;  who doesn't have brain damage . . .  as far as I know. ?

I can’t remember but I think Hertz is a Buffalo fan. Of course, that would support your theory, 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I can’t remember but I think Hertz is a Buffalo fan. Of course, that would support your theory, 

Hahahaha, you are wildly wrong. He's an old-timer and a die-hard who lives and breathes the Jets. Hertz and his cousin once snuck into the Jets film room in the early 70s. He ate bad Chinese food beforehand and got the sh its. You can't fake that kind of dedication, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

Who's Zacherle

Needless to say, it was a shock to see the 6-foot-7, 369-pound tackle outperform in pass protection as much as he did. Becton’s true pass set grade ranked 13th among left tackles in his rookie campaign. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Hahahaha, you are wildly wrong. He's an old-timer and a die-hard who lives and breathes the Jets. Hertz and his cousin once snuck into the Jets film room in the early 70s. He ate bad Chinese food beforehand and got the sh its. You can't fake that kind of dedication, lol.

Hmmm, I must have him confused with someone else. Good thing I didn’t ban him. 

• Upvote 1

My amateur prediction is that the Jets defense outperforms expectations but the OL continues to be a weak spot.  I think they get Wilson hurt by mid-season, and then the Jets sputter along.  Next offseason is when the Jets add 2 more starters (one of McGovern or Fant get extended) and it looks much better.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

My amateur prediction is that the Jets defense outperforms expectations but the OL continues to be a weak spot.  I think they get Wilson hurt by mid-season, and then the Jets sputter along.  Next offseason is when the Jets add 2 more starters (one of McGovern or Fant get extended) and it looks much better.  

Zach Wilson's upcoming injured reserve stint is presented by jetblue 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Henry Hertz is the most loyal Jets fan you will ever meet.  He always gives players nicknames than nobody else uses.  Eccentric to say the least.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

There’s an optimistic view for pretty much every position group.

The OL is no different. AVT should be ready to roll day 1 and paired with Becton could form the best left side in the NFL. McGovern, Van Rotten and Fant, while not great, are starting level players.

PFF is basically saying Becton, AVT and Van Rotten are above average at their positions. They have McGovern as a starter and I’m sure if they were to rank the top 64 OT, Fant would be there.

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Henry Hertz is the most loyal Jets fan you will ever meet.  He always gives players nicknames than nobody else uses.  Eccentric to say the least.

Nice, that’s great to hear. Im very glad I didn’t ban him for being a Buffalo troll. Sorry Henry. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nice, that’s great to hear. Im very glad I didn’t ban him for being a Buffalo troll. Sorry Henry. 

There could be other things to ban him for.  :)

He is perpetually horny (at least on the old site).

He likes to feed the ducks.

The above two may or may not be related.  I'll let someone else from that forum take over.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

LT and LG excellent or at least potential to be pro bowl good.

Fant is lousy

McGovern  and Van Rotten are lousy

Douglas goofed in not drafting another olineman in last years draft.

Im not sure but I think the zone blocking scheme allows for some range with talent. Plus another year together to gel  might help some, not to mention if Zach’s release is faster than Sam with almost actual top tier talent to get open for him. Not sure. But just because I want him too I feel Moore may get open every times he runs a route. Like EVERY time, I’ve been practicing  my,” Dammit Zach, Moore was open!” routine. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

The above two may or may not be related.  I'll let someone else from that forum take over.

edit:  oh yeah... and his football knowledge I respect greatly.  ????

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I honestly don’t like banning Jet fans. I do when it’s warranted but don’t find no joy in it. Trolls from other teams? Like hot crab legs on a Calabash Buffet for this fat man, 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

One of the great and not so great remnants of surviving a coma that I should never have survived is that I have a long term memory like a camera. When people say things like, "I never said that", the fck ya didn't. Anyway . . .

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/157158-lupica-says-jets-giants/?do=findComment&comment=4789410

That, and 'Incredible Leaping Fck" were my all-time favorites. It was an obscure draft prospect.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bronx said:

robert carradine comedy GIF

I know, references are all relative; but in that vein, I can't stand when people say things like "Social Media Influencer". That's actually a fcking job, and as much as I would die for this country without blinking, I hate that garbage by default. I'm inundated with morons that I don't have a CHOICE to somehow ignore because I stand on the supermarket check-out line to buy food that I'm lucky by random chaos and grateful to have.

I'm the last living fossil in the world who didn't "disconnect" from anything because I never joined anything like that and I never will. Jets message boards are social media sure; but I've never signed up for anything other than that, which probably only speaks to my longevity for being a dyed in the wool idiot.    

I saw the spy writing on the wall a long time ago. I'm the last American rebel. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Few things:

1. Because Darnold still pretty much sucked people missed the fact that the OL was actually decent the last 5 games or so when they were healthy and could play together consistently.

2. PFF now frequently runs opinion pieces that sort of ignore their own data. Example: They have Q as the 14th rated DL and Leonard as #9 despite Q outplaying Leo in pretty much every way

3. It seems to me that online gambling places must be funneling truckloads of cash PFFs way because not only do they run promotions and things like that they have started to present many analysis in terms of betting odds and expectancies not advanced analysis. This throws all of their rankings and recommendations into serious question

4. The OL is not on an island. It is also affected by the QB and whether he can recognize defenses, make judgements, protection changes, audibles, how long he hold onto the ball, etc... PFF does not account for this. Even holding onto the ball an extra tenth of a second will lead to more pressures in the NFL

Reality is we have no idea how good or bad our OL will be until they play together and play with a different QB that does not suck.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Few things:

1. Because Darnold still pretty much sucked people missed the fact that the OL was actually decent the last 5 games or so when they were healthy and could play together consistently.

2. PFF now frequently runs opinion pieces that sort of ignore their own data. Example: They have Q as the 14th rated DL and Leonard as #9 despite Q outplaying Leo in pretty much every way

3. It seems to me that online gambling places must be funneling truckloads of cash PFFs way because not only do they run promotions and things like that they have started to present many analysis in terms of betting odds and expectancies not advanced analysis. This throws all of their rankings and recommendations into serious question

4. The OL is not on an island. It is also affected by the QB and whether he can recognize defenses, make judgements, protection changes, audibles, how long he hold onto the ball, etc... PFF does not account for this. Even holding onto the ball an extra tenth of a second will lead to more pressures in the NFL

Reality is we have no idea how good or bad our OL will be until they play together and play with a different QB that does not suck.

So you're kind of sort of defending Adam Gase? 

I think we are going to conclude this year that much of last year’s draft was not good, and that the Jets squandered an opportunity to be more competitive this year by drafting OL last year.

Unfortunately, JD had to draft players for Gase and Williams, and many of those players are not fits for Saleh and LaFleur.  

Damien Lewis would have looked really nice in this team.   

If two of Perine, Morgan, Zuniga and Clark work out, that would be good.