5 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

What do you think about the Dolphins Xavien Howard situation? I know JD wouldn't make a play for him but instant upgrade for the CB position . Major upgrade and he's only 27.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you have an exec summary of the Xavien Howard situation? I don't follow the Fins lol.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Do you have an exec summary of the Xavien Howard situation? I don't follow the Fins lol.

On Wednesday, Michael Silver of NFL Network reported Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard is "unhappy" with the five-year, $75.25 million contract extension he signed two years ago and is looking for a new deal

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

he is unhappy because they paid the other corner they got from dallas more then him, and he is not as good as him....like anyone made him agree to his deal lol

That’s what happens when you sign a five year deal.  Salaries go up and you’re locked in.  The trade-off is you have long-term security.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

That’s what happens when you sign a five year deal.  Salaries go up and you’re locked in.  The trade-off is you have long-term security.

If he under preformed his contract I don't think the team can pay him less..LOL 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

If he under preformed his contract I don't think the team can pay him less..LOL 

Not this year, his salary is fully guaranteed. It’s also the last year he has of guaranteed money, which is probably also on his (and his agent’s) mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

What do you think about the Dolphins Xavien Howard situation? I know JD wouldn't make a play for him but instant upgrade for the CB position . Major upgrade and he's only 27.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

5050 i think with starting em right off the shout is a bad move for use   

2 years into his 5 year 75 million contract and he's complaining. Yeah, trade everything for him! What could go wrong? Wait no, no thanks, the team doesn't need drama queen malcontents who think they're bigger than the team. Dude is already bitching about his contract. This is why I never want to front load a contract. The role/importance of CBs has changed is changing. You need a bunch of good cbs as opposed to one great cb (who costs 10% of the cap). With multiple wrs on the field teams will just pick on the weake(r/st) CB(s) and avoid the guy you paid 20 million a year for. That doesn't work as we saw with revis as he had impressive numbers and the Jets lost because they couldn't cover anyone else on the field. Also, with a zone D the CBs need a different skill set than many guys have. You don't need man cover guys on an island that you pay a lot for. You need guys who can play a space on the field. Tall athletic guys who can read a qb's eyes, make good choices as wrs go though zones, and tackle.     

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, k-met57 said:

he is unhappy because they paid the other corner they got from dallas more then him, and he is not as good as him....like anyone made him agree to his deal lol

He’s definitely as good, he’s actually a lot better. He’s their best CB and genuinely is one of the best in football.

His gripes with Miami are laughable, they took a risk giving him that contract when they did as he hadn’t sustained that elite level and had seriously struggled with injury. The idea that they’ve not been fair with him is just ridiculous.

He’s clearly a guy looking to stir sh*t up and will take it personally any time he’s not the highest paid at his position. He’s not quite Jamal levels of delusional but he’s definitely not coming across well.

He is probably better than his contract now but there was no one who would have given him better when Miami did.

Edit: Just reread that and you clearly meant Jones wasn’t as good as Howard. Whoops.

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He’s definitely as good, he’s actually a lot better. He’s their best CB and genuinely is one of the best in football.

His gripes with Miami are laughable, they took a risk giving him that contract when they did as he hadn’t sustained that elite level and had seriously struggled with injury. The idea that they’ve not been fair with him is just ridiculous.

He’s clearly a guy looking to stir sh*t up and will take it personally any time he’s not the highest paid at his position. He’s not quite Jamal levels of delusional but he’s definitely not coming across well.

He is probably better than his contract now but there was no one who would have given him better when Miami did.

Edit: Just reread that and you clearly meant Jones wasn’t as good as Howard. Whoops.

Remember when Revis wouldn’t come back to camp until he got paid 1 dollar more then Namdi? Good times. I really want no part of these guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1