Jets call Chicago about Foles

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Hard to diss someone we know nothing about. Although, despite Gase being a terrible coach, it's not a good look that Morgan wasn't viewed as fit to dress even when Sam was injured last year.

Not really.  Without an actual offseason prior to the 2020 campagin, and knowing going in that Morgan was going to be a project guy from the jump (hence the Flacco signing), I don't view it as much of a negative at all.

Now, if Morgan can't win the # 2 job this offseason and the Jets really are forced to sign a vet backup to take that job, I'll entertain Morgan being a bad pick.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Douglas has zero leverage on this because Wilson doesn't have to depend on a NFL contract to make his family and his life better.  He was born into wealth.  Remember Carson Palmer saved all his money and told Cinci he could wait.

Making your potential new franchise QB pissed is not the correct path to take.

He'll get over it.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lith said:

This "update" is from the NFL Rumors twitter account.  NFL Rumors does not break news, they simply repeat news from other sources.  Sometimes it looks like they just throw stuff out there without any source hoping some of their stuff will stick.  In this case they do not refer to a source.

I am not buying anything this site sells unless I see/hear it from a credible source. 

Yeah they throw darts in the dark and miss. Blind squirrel and a nut etc. 

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd rather develop our own backups like N.E. did with Jimmy G. Or how Philly did with Foles. 

Because that's how you net future draft picks in return. 

How did crap career losing backup QBs in Fitz and McCown do for our younger QBs? ?

Wanna call Hack?

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really.  Without an actual offseason prior to the 2020 campagin, and knowing going in that Morgan was going to be a project guy from the jump (hence the Flacco signing), I don't view it as much of a negative at all.

Now, if Morgan can't win the # 2 job this offseason and the Jets really are forced to sign a vet backup to take that job, I'll entertain Morgan being a bad pick.  

You may not think it’s a negative but it sure isn’t a positive. At best we know nothing about him. At worst he’s already trending toward suck.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

You may not think it’s a negative but it sure isn’t a positive. At best we know nothing about him. At worst he’s already trending toward suck.

Fair take.  Either way I don't get the take that he was a "wasted pick".  We were a franchise that needed a QB and we drafted a QB.  Who cares.  You have to take shots at QB's.  Even midround guys.  The hope is you find the next Dak or Cousins.  If you don't...oh well.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Did Joe Douglas draft Hack during the 4th round in order to develop, or no?

No but you said “I’d rather develop our own backup QB”. How has that worked out? Not like we’ve been ignoring the position. 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re probably not far off. Foles has $8M guaranteed left on his deal that I’m sure Chicago, with just $6M in cap space this year, would love to get off the books. I’d think JD would need a premium to take it. 

Chi has said their Happy having Foles on the roster but I think it's BS. That means they are either going to spend 8 mil or more on a backup that pushes your first round, future franchise QB hopeful down to 3rd string and likely not even being active on game day OR you're spending 8 mil+ on a 3rd string QB that likely won't be active on game day. 

There is no way they keep Foles, imo. They'll probably be able to get a 6th or 7th for him because of his contract and the situation with their roster at QB. Hold onto him through camp and Preseason and hope a team suddenly has a dire need for a competent short term option. If s contending team loses their QB for a chunk of the beginning of the season, Bears could probably turn that 6th or 7th into a 3rd or 4th

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd rather develop our own backups like N.E. did with Jimmy G. Or how Philly did with Foles. 

Because that's how you net future draft picks in return. 

How did crap career losing backup QBs in Fitz and McCown do for our younger QBs? ?

Signing Fitzmagic is like asking for your starting QB to get injured. Fitz probably got a degree in some Voodoo sh!t at Harvard. 

535F0F2B-3F95-41BE-99C1-9719EFB3DAC0.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I think it's funny that some fans believe both that: (1) Morgan was a wasted pick; and (2) Sam Darnold is actually secretly good.

I think it stems from Morgan not having dressed once yet. However he’s got a cannon and that can’t be taught, hopefully he pans out. Losing the QB coach must have been a total morale blow to him also. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Savage69 said:

+1 The number 1 exercise on JN is jumping to conclusions and Zak isn't signed yet 6 days before camp means he will sit out till Aug.. The Chicken Little Brigade is already in mid season form..:cheers:

Mid-season form? With this team it's year-round!

To be fair though, we do have 50 years of history to base the constant panic on...

57 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Awwww still salty about Darnold? Awwww that’s cute ????

Don't be a nerd. If Douglas plans on holding his ground on the offset language and knows Wilson agents will hold their ground. Then we can have a holdout. That's why i was curious when the call for Foles was made. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, genot said:

Don't be a nerd. If Douglas plans on holding his ground on the offset language and knows Wilson agents will hold their ground. Then we can have a holdout. That's why i was curious when the call for Foles was made. 

He'll be signed by Friday (per Elijah Moore's dad). 

And the "call for Foles" never really happened; it was a fake click-bait article. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Youre still on this?

Theres plenty of time to sign his last pick.  Two days ago the crying was for Wilson, Moore and AVT, now we're down to Wilson, the highest of the picks.

Youre still whining about a possible holdout and why we cant have it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre still on this?

Theres plenty of time to sign his last pick.  Two days ago the crying was for Wilson, Moore and AVT, now we're down to Wilson, the highest of the picks.

Youre still whining about a possible holdout and why we cant have it.  

You need to calm down a little bit and stop being so aggressive towards other posters. He's concerned as a Jets fan to each our own but no need for remarks such as "you're still whining" etc there's no need for you to speak to other Jets fans like that; with your aggressive tone. 

Chill. It's not that serious.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, genot said:

There was no call to Chicago about Foles.  This story isn't real.  

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You need to calm down a little bit and stop being so aggressive towards other posters. He's concerned as a Jets fan to each our own but no need for remarks such as "you're still whining" etc there's no need for you to speak to other Jets fans like that; with your aggressive tone. 

Chill. It's not that serious.

He hates JD and is on a mission to cry about every imagined indiscretion 

And whining about Zach missing time a week before he can actually be a hold out is the point.  Nothing was aggressive or whatever in the response.  

You telling people to chill in between diatribes and banning is cute though.  Oh wait, 30 day suspensions

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Signing Fitzmagic is like asking for your starting QB to get injured. Fitz probably got a degree in some Voodoo sh!t at Harvard. 

535F0F2B-3F95-41BE-99C1-9719EFB3DAC0.gif

Happily for the Redskins, er, Red Wolves, er, Red Hogs, er.... Washington Football Team, they signed Fitz to be theior starting QB, so if signing Fitz is asking to get the starter hurt, Fitz himself will get hurt, and then DC fans can enjoy watching Heinicke play instead, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And whining about Zach missing time a week before he can actually be a hold out is the point.  Nothing was aggressive or whatever in the response.  

You telling people to chill in between diatribes and banning is cute though.  Oh wait, 30 day suspensions

I didn't realize he's a JD hater so if true @Jet Nut all is fair game throw the kitchen sink @ him for all I care (as a fan of JD myself) ?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I didn't realize he's a JD hater so if true @Jet Nut all is fair game throw the kitchen sink @ him for all I care (as a fan of JD myself) ?

Thats just scratching the surface, hes also pissed that JD moved on from Darnold.  

His opinion, hes free to hang onto that take, I get it, but also know why he posts what he does

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You do attack posters, but it's ok.  Morgan was a wasted pick. Because if you can't get on the field in 2020, you must suck.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Morgan was a wasted pick.

We simply do not know that yet. 

It could certainly be true, most mid-round QB's amount to little in the NFL, but we do not know he is/was a wasted pick till we see if he is the #2 this year or not.

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Because if you can't get on the field in 2020, you must suck.

Anything under Adam Gase needs to be tossed aside and ignored.  

There is no reason or need to rush to judgement.  Morgan will be tested in camp and preseason this year, and if he sucks, he'll be tossed aside and a veteran will likely be signed.

Till then, I see no reason to dog the kid, sight unseen, and certainly not for whatever transpired under the Gase regime.

• Upvote 3