Jets call Chicago about Foles

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Don’t mess with JD. You’ll be on the bench all season. Zach won’t let that happen. 
#LEVERAGE

The NFL isn't the military. The my way or the highway approach will sooner or later bite JD in the ass. And, like i've said before, JD has done some really good things here.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I've been hoping the Jets weren't serious about going into this season with Wilson and Morgan and had plans to bring in a vet. Foles is the obvious trade option and probably the best overall option but I think Chi is likely to hold onto Foles as long as possible and try to wait out a camp injury. Some team has a QB go down for a chunk of time, especially if they are a contender, Foles value goes way up. Likewise if they wait until the end of camp and no injury as presented itself, I don't see much risk of him being worth less than he is now. Right now, taking on his contract, he's probably worth a conditional 6th maybe 5th. I doubt he's ends up bringing back less than that if they wait until the end of camp for an injury. 

In short, If JD made an offer, I highly doubt it would be anything they would jump at to accept now. The way he is with saving cap space, he probably offered to take Foles and their 2nd or 3rd for a 7th in 2025

With Knapp in a dire situation, three 6th rounders and two 5th’s in your pocket next year + plenty of cap space, why wouldn’t you make the call?

I think you have to bring in a veteran QB who can at least benefit Wilson in some way at this point.

Aside from LaFleur, guys like Rob Calabrese and James Morgan can’t be the only other voices in the QB room.

• Sympathy 1

This rumor seems 100% false. 

A.) Joe Douglas/Robert Saleh has already mentioned not looking for a veteran QB until after training camp (if they needed to reevaluate).

B.) These guys are not credible sources. 

C.) I'm typing "Nick Foles New York Jets" into Google and I'm finding absolutely nothingness...

• Upvote 1

First and foremost, this is a logical move for both sides.

The timing may be the growing possibility of a Wilson holdout. Parenthetically, if Wilson is headed for a holdout over contract offset language, he should fire his agent. Wilson stands to make much more money by coming in, focusing on camp and starting game 1.

A call is not a trade offer. And we know JD is not going to do anything rashly. Just ask Maye.

All the comments from Saleh and the Jets indicate the Jets see 2021 as a development year. If Wilson holds out, Jets will be pissed but won’t go off the deep end. They are not risking their draft capital for 1-2 more wins in 2021. 

Foles has been much more successful as a backup or replacement over being the announced starter. Most of his success has been in one uni a green one but not us. That’s why I’m surprised the Eagles haven’t so far tried to acquire him. I can’t see the Jets going into the season with Wilson, Morgan and White. 

3 hours ago, genot said:

The NFL isn't the military. The my way or the highway approach will sooner or later bite JD in the ass. And, like i've said before, JD has done some really good things here.

This ^

Not that it will happen, but he does have the right to simply enter the draft again next season.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Facts said:

This ^

Not that it will happen, but he does have the right to simply enter the draft again next season.

I'm not familiar with how the rules of the draft works and I could be wrong but even if he were to re-enter the NFL draft next year; wouldn't the Jets still own his drafting rights?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lith said:

This "update" is from the NFL Rumors twitter account.  NFL Rumors does not break news, they simply repeat news from other sources.  Sometimes it looks like they just throw stuff out there without any source hoping some of their stuff will stick.  In this case they do not refer to a source.

I am not buying anything this site sells unless I see/hear it from a credible source. 

They 100% make stuff up.  Anything posted from that account should be locked/dumped.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, AFJF said:

They 100% make stuff up.  Anything posted from that account should be locked/dumped.

Because it's freaking...

image.thumb.png.f7668229ee3caad357c2222b5366ff0f.png

If the Jets were seriously inquiring about one of the most popular backup Quarterbacks in all of Football a simple Google search would pop up hundreds of articles (just like Damian Lillard to the Knicks and other team rumors currently do). 

I typed Nick Foles + Jets into Google and found absolutely nothingness...

3 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I don’t want to be that guy, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. 

5F8ADD41-4CC7-427D-825A-9D10D3ED93A9.gif

Of course I don't think it's possible I'm just wondering what happens if a player is drafted and then goes back to school and declares the following draft?

Not just "Zach Wilson" but anyone....

What happens?