Jamal Adams signed

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a four-year extension with Jamal Adams that will make him the NFL's highest-paid safety with a deal that has a maximum value of $72 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The deal for Adams, 25, includes a $20 million signing bonus, a source told Schefter.

It tops the $15.25 million per-year average by the Denver Broncos' Justin Simmons.

The Seahawks and Adams' agent began negotiating early in the offseason and continued to do so through the start of training camp until their recent period of inaction

You better believe Mayes will be on the phone with JA tonight. Didn't Mayes have better PFF ranking than JA?

Looks like back-to-back FT for Mayes.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

All those awards, and still lost the Seahawks their playoff game.

Jamal Adams allowed 0 TDs in pass coverage last year. 

And I thought QBs stir the drink?

Because Russell Wilson played like absolute dog crap vs. the Rams and only went...

11/27 (40.7%) ?

174 passing yards ?,

5 sacks for -32 yards ?

1 INT returned for a PICK 6 by Darious Williams ?

QB Rating of only 72.1 ?

Pretty funny how you (intentionally) left out Russell Wilson being the one who lost the game (while attempting to blame "Jamal Adams"). 

Anyone who blames Jamal Adams and Seattle's Defense for losing to the Rams (obviously) didn't watch the Football game: Because Russell Wilson was ATROCIOUS (HELLO).

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because Russell Wilson played like absolute dog crap vs. the Rams and only went...

11/27 (40.7%) ?

174 passing yards ?,

5 sacks for -32 yards ?

QB Rating of only 72.1 ?

Pretty funny how you (intentionally) left out Russell Wilson being the one who lost the game (while attempting to blame "Jamal Adams"). 

Anyone who blames Jamal Adams and Seattle's Defense for losing to the Rams (obviously) didn't watch the Football game: Because Russell Wilson was ATROCIOUS (HELLO).

The Rams had the #1 defense in the NFL.  Wilson had a bad game against the best squad in the league.  But 174 yards was only 16 yards below their average for the year.

On the other hand, Jamal Adams was targeted and gave up over half of the Rams passing yards.

2020 PFF ranking: 64.2

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What's wrong with an "LB" who can not only pressure QBs but also sack them too while also tackling RBs behind the LOS for loss too? 

Jamal Adams 2020 =

12 games played. 

83 combined tackles. 

26 QB pressures.

14 QB hits. 

11 tackles for loss. 

10 QB hurries.

9.5 sacks. 

6 QB knockdowns.

0 TDs allowed (in pass coverage).

etc. 

In your opinion who was our Jets best pass rushing and tackling machine Linebacker last year? I'd like to known. 

Because we haven't featured an impactful pass rusher (DE) since #94...

As a fan base (imo) we should be the last guys mocking and laughing at Jamal Adams. A player who knows how to get after the Quarterback ?

I am not going to argue for or against Jamalware, but I think the Will in our defense will play a role very similar to Jamal but more "inside" the system than freelance. It will be interesting to see the numbers Nas and Sherwood put up in that role.

• Sympathy 1

Yeah. Right. 

Let's blame "Jamal Adams" for Seattle getting eliminated and not...

image.thumb.png.5cff645df1b6935bc4d7bf04e5998d1e.png

11/27 (40.7%) 

174 passing yards.

5 sacks for -32 yards.

1 INT returned for a PICK 6 by Darious Williams.

QB Rating of only 72.1. ?

Jared Goff was held to only 9/19 (47.3%), 155 passing yards and only 1 TD thrown (people).

The Jamal Adams hate is real

(and I'm going to politely remove myself from this circle jerk of a bashing thread ???

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, what you're saying is Jared Goff was completely shut down except when he threw at Jamal Adams?

What I'm saying is Russell Wilson lost the game (and Jamal Adams held their entire passing attack to only 155 passing yards).

Russell Wilson:

11/27 (40.7%) 

174 passing yards.

5 sacks for -32 yards.

(Please don't bother responding because I'm 100% done with this thread because you think you know more about Jamal Adams than Sports Writers, Jerry Jones, Seattle's front office and JD who declined Big D's 17th overs pick? Well, you don't).

image.thumb.png.dd047fedbbd9da6de069aab0b3b93f58.png

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What I'm saying is Russell Wilson lost the game (and Jamal Adams held their entire passing attack to only 155 passing yards).

Russell Wilson:

11/27 (40.7%) 

174 passing yards.

5 sacks for -32 yards.

(Please don't bother responding because I'm 100% done with this thread because you think you know more about Jamal Adams than Sports Writers, Jerry Jones, Seattle's front office and JD who declined Big D's 17th overs pick? Well, you don't).

image.thumb.png.dd047fedbbd9da6de069aab0b3b93f58.png

So, again, over half the passing yards were given up by Jamal Adams, and Russel Wilson didn't have a good game against the leagues best defense?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

11/27 (40.7%) ?

174 passing yards ?,

5 sacks for -32 yards ?

QB Rating of only 72.1 ?

Without Russel wilson the hawks are a 5 win team.    With out Jamal the hawks were actually better on defense when he was out and jamal makes ZERO difference to that team.  Their defense was atrocious most of last year, it got a bit better only after they picked up Dunlop.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m still gonna say Jamal lost.

He’s the highest paid safety in league history playing with a star QB on a perennial winner with the best home field advantage in the NFL and a proven championship level head coach  

He got exactly everything he wanted. 

How would being here be a substantially better situation for him?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Got away" is a strange way to say "got sent packing for being a self-overrated douche".

You gave me a good laugh with your response, the “got sent packing” line was funny. 
But in Jamal’s case, it was more like Rosie O’Donnell kicking him to the curb, and Olivia Munn stopping her car and taking him to her place.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

The fact that the few people that still have his b@lls in their mouth are able to talk at the same time is impressive.

He remains an overinflated garbage can in coverage who needs to be used a very specific way in order to do what he does. His fans generally love him because they see their own narcissistic tendencies on display being mislabeled as "leadership."

I will continue to enjoy watching him flounder in coverage situations. 

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m still gonna say Jamal lost.

He actually won

Big time considering $17.5M per and $70M guaranteed.

He got paid what he realistically had to know was at the top end of his pay scale as a SS.  Hes in a good place, on a good team.  Being on a good team gets him on national TV whats the max 5 times before playoffs?  And everyone hears his name and about all his sacks with little talk that he cant cover worth a damn.

We may have wanted the worst for him but lets be honest, the deal sucked big time for the Seahawks but paid off nicely for Jamal and also paid off better for the Jets.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He actually won

Big time. 

He got paid what he realistically had to know was at the top end of his pay scale as a SS.  Hes in a good place, on a good team.  Being on a good team gets him on national TV whats the max 5 times before playoffs?  And everyone hears his name and about all his sacks with little talk that he cant cover.

We may have wanted the worst for him but lets be honest, the deal sucked big time for the Seahawks but paid off nicely for Jamal and also for the Jets.

Unquestionably Adams got what he wanted out of this new contract.

For now.  We'll see if he's still happy in a few years when he's the 6th highest paid Safety, lol.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Unquestionably Adams got what he wanted out of this new contract.

For now.  We'll see if he's still happy in a few years when he's the 6th highest paid Safety, lol.

Very true, we know the way that players with an inflated view of their worth have up their sleeves as soon as they go from the top paid SS to the something other that #1

Right now hes cracking open a bottle of Moet or some other half assed Champaign to celebrate

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Jamal is a dawg. A loud dawg, but a dawg.

He played his heart out when he was here, then brought us back a nice return when we couldn’t agree to a deal with him. He ended up on a really good team, and now he got paid.

Hopefully the picks we got for him turn into dawgs also.

Maybe this place can let go of him now. It was sad watching grown men carry on about the one that got away.

Props to Jamal.  No hard feelings. Wish him well.  He treated the fans here fine.

The Jets are the big winner here.  Jamal is second and the Hawks a distant third

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thnx you Jamal Adams.

For balling out on the field as a Jet and making an All-Rookie team as a Jet and multiple Pro Bowls as a Jet along with multiple All-Pros as a Jet (first 1st-team All-Pro since dating back #24 Darrelle Revis) as well as multiple NFL Top 100 acknowledgments as a JET. 

Because of your beast SS play our GM Joe Douglas was able to decline Jerry Jones' #17 overall pick from Dallas Cowboys before unloading you to Seattle Seahawks for two 1st round draft picks (Khalil Mack type of trade package in return of you). 

Thank you Jamal Adams for giving us Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG and I can not wait to give Zach Wilson either Tyler Linderbaum @ Center out of Iowa with your 2022 1st round pick and/or an explosive pass catching TE (maybe even a true #1 lockdown CB or a nightmare pass rusher from the edge).

•#OurDefenseMissedYouLastYear.

•#OurDefenseFellOffA2020CliffWithoutYouLastYearToo.

(Just 10 impactful plays that I appreciated from you; and I could posts hundreds more if I really wanted to and my favorite play was you chasing down Marshawn Lynch from the other side of the field and tackling him while preventing him from a TD).

jamal-adams-new-york-jets.gif

giphy.gif?resize=480,219&ssl=1

ezgif-3-564fe99b5fff.gif

Jamal-Adams-sniffs-out-Vance-McDonald-sc

CalmEverlastingBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gi

giphy.gif?resize=353,161&ssl=1

AdamsIvory2.gif

Jamal-Adams-lockdown-coverage-_-3rd-down

SecondaryOptimisticHorsefly-size_restric

d711490bbffcbbbe4e5a2e56fc6e9cae.gif

With all of that said I'll be rooting against you moving forward and I hope you lead Seattle to an 0-17 season (here in 2021) in order to give our Jets 2022's #1 overall draft pick. 

The Jets won 4 of the 9 NFL games you posted with Jamal.  Only 2 of those games (Miami 2017 and NYG 2019) were impacted by his play.  

One of the highlights (Jets - Bills 2018) the secondary was torched by a freshly signed Matt Barkley to the tune of 41-10.

Jets - Dolphins 2019?  Fitzpatrick went for 24/36 288 and 3 TDs in a blowout loss.

The tenth “play” is Jamal dancing at the pro bowl.  I repeat, dancing at the pro bowl.  That’s not a highlight play.

He’s a good Box Safety.  Good box safety’s don’t move the needle.  He was also a locker room cancer and a massive headache.  Thanks for the DJ strip sack Jamal.  That’s about it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jamal Adams is a great player at what he does.  The problem is that what he does does not do much to improve the overall defense, and there's some evidence to suggest that it hurts the overall defense.

He’s the equivalent of being world’s best VCR repairman.  

• Upvote 1