Per Schttps://forums.jetnation.com/topic/161170-per-schefter-jets-looking-to-acquire-a-pass-rusher/hefter Jets looking to acquire a pass rusher

29 minutes ago, football guy said:

For someone who is "family" to you, I find it shocking that you do not know that he took a pay-cut and re-negotiated his contract this past spring. He's under contract for 1-year, $6,000,000, and his contract voids after the season. 

As far as what he wants and what the Falcons want, I'm not sure. I just know the Jets have him on their short-list whether it be via trade or if he were to get cut prior to the start of the season, and he's been running with the backup OLBs at Falcons' camp. 

What do you mean "family" and why did you put "family" in quotations? We share a niece together our families have celebrated holidays plus family reunions every year together for over 10 years now 12 to be exact and when I text and talk to Fowler at family gatherings money is never a topic of conversation nor is his "contract" I just joke with him about joining the Jets evey time and if he ever becomes a Jet me and my older brother got season tickets and that's good enough for me he's an awesome uncle to my older sister's daughters daughter (my first ever nieces daughter) so therefore I couldn't care less about his "contract status" when life is deeper than Football to me.

No I wasn't aware of his contract but he's still fam to my family and my source is better than your Twitter "source" whenever I have Football questions about the game but no he never called to tell me about his contact?

Screenshot_20210822-164707_Chrome.thumb.jpg.80592b7e7e8c5e1a4598f7d0b3d6e3d2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What do you mean "family" we share a niece together our families have celebrated holidays plus family reunions every year together for over 10 years now 12 to be exact and when I text and talk to Fowler at family gatherings money is never a topic of conversation nor is his contract I just joke with him to join the Jets evey time and if he ever becomes a Jet I've got season tickets and that's good enough for me he's an awesome uncle to my sister's daughter my first ever nieces daughter so therefore I couldn't care less about his "contract status" when life is deeper than Football to me. 

Screenshot_20210822-164707_Chrome.thumb.jpg.80592b7e7e8c5e1a4598f7d0b3d6e3d2.jpg

I'm not saying that you made it up, I'm saying that you clearly don't know the situation surrounding Dante Fowler. He also has zero control over it. There's a chance he gets outright cut, let alone traded for a 5th-6th round pick. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm not saying that you made it up, I'm saying that you clearly don't know the situation surrounding Dante Fowler. He also has zero control over it. There's a chance he gets outright cut, let alone traded for a 5th-6th round pick. 

Is that your "Twitter source" telling you that?

Who's even your SOURCE dude? 

There is 0.00% chance Atlanta trades him away and I'll bump this thread after the trade deadline to show you. The dude had an off year last year but in 2019 he feasted and helped lead Rams D to the Super Bowl and he's not the only Falcon who took a pay cut after further research that team is in 2022 cap hell. 

If Fowler would be had for a "5th or 6th" all other 31 teams would have him right now. He's going for nothing less than a 1st or 2nd and ATL isn't trading him for anything less because they want to COMPETE this year.

And he's going to start like he's started for all 3 teams already. 

Who's your "twitter source" that's telling you this man Twitter? 

Me and my source chopped it up the other day while making fun of "twitter sources" and I guarantee you he starts and won't be released/traded. 

• Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There is 0.00% chance Atlanta trades him away and I'll bump this thread after the trade deadline to show you. The dude had an off year last year but in 2019 he feasted and helped lead Rams D to the Super Bowl and he's not the only Falcon who took a pay cut after further research that team is in 2022 cap hell. 

If Fowler would be had for a "5th or 6th" all other 31 teams would have him right now. He's going for nothing less than a 1st or 2nd and ATL isn't trading him for anything less because they want to COMPETE this year.

Me and my source chopped it up the other day while making fun of "twitter sources" and I guarantee you he starts and won't be released/traded. 

With all due respect, you may not be able to look at him from a business standpoint. I would love to have this guy in the team. Maybe text him again with football guys post and start to have him demand a trade. The downside is he has to move to nyc where Six mill doesn’t go as far though. 

make it happen DLC!!!! Send him a 1000 page email asking him to demand a trade to the Jets!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wit said:

With all due respect, you may not be able to look at him from a business standpoint. I would love to have this guy in the team. Maybe text him again with football guys post and start to have him demand a trade. The downside is he has to move to nyc where Six mill doesn’t go as far though. 

make it happen DLC!!!! Send him a 1000 page email asking him to demand a trade to the Jets!!

I've begged him since he was in HS to one day become a Jet but it's not happening he's a kid born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Florida who loves the south and loves being a couple hours away from his mom and dad and family etc and I've never asked him but I bet he doesn't like the COLD.

• Thumb Down 1

The problem with Jones isn’t merely his current $15.5MM base salary, since we may trade a $5MM slot receiver that’d offset a good chunk of it (which should also lessen the draft pick compensation). Nor even that he’s coming off an injury, which itself followed a slow start to 2020 (though many players got off to a slow start in 2020 for obvious reasons). 

The bigger issue, as I’m seeing it, is the reason he’s unhappy out there is he wants a big extension (and supposedly makes every attempt to share his misery with the rest of the locker room with regularity until he gets it).

The Jets can afford to give it to him, but with Lawson already locked in for big bucks, and the Jets having more than enough draft capital to find another edge rusher - locked in for 4+ years at less than half Jones’s money - I don’t see Douglas being the GM that hands Jones his final big deal. Not unless 2022 would be the final year of a 2-year guarantee, and beyond that he continues to get carried/paid so long as he continues to produce. 

Other than his being decidedly unhappy with his expiring contract? He’d be a good fit for a year. Plus, is Rondale Moore ready to start as a rookie? For this season Arizona may be more comfortable having Murray throwing to a cheap, proven, veteran slot receiver from the Jets, with a contract that expires after the season (and either Cole or Crowder will get a comp-pick qualifying UFA contract from someone next year if not extended beforehand). 

17 hours ago, football guy said:

Could be a bad month for Fowler.  His brother just got arrested for murder.  

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Are you sure it wasn't his niece's uncle?  The media sometimes gets it wrong.

It was my great nieces dad (my nieces husband).

And he'll be found not guilty 100%. 

Hes a good kid and his car that was used to commit the murder was used by a friend of his and when the murder happened in Miami he was at work in St. Pete and the truth will come out. 

Right now my great niece doesn't have her dad but come trial he'll be 100% not guilty because he didn't do it. He wasn't even there. He just put his trust in a friend who wasn't really a friend but a killer.  He told him he needed to use his car to a job interview and returned it 8 hours later. 

The truth will come out during trial too.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The problem with Jones isn’t merely his current $15.5MM base salary, since we may trade a $5MM slot receiver that’d offset a good chunk of it (which should also lessen the draft pick compensation). Nor even that he’s coming off an injury, which itself followed a slow start to 2020 (though many players got off to a slow start in 2020 for obvious reasons). 

The bigger issue, as I’m seeing it, is the reason he’s unhappy out there is he wants a big extension (and supposedly makes every attempt to share his misery with the rest of the locker room with regularity until he gets it).

The Jets can afford to give it to him, but with Lawson already locked in for big bucks, and the Jets having more than enough draft capital to find another edge rusher - locked in for 4+ years at less than half Jones’s money - I don’t see Douglas being the GM that hands Jones his final big deal. Not unless 2022 would be the final year of a 2-year guarantee, and beyond that he continues to get carried/paid so long as he continues to produce. 

Other than his being decidedly unhappy with his expiring contract? He’d be a good fit for a year. Plus, is Rondale Moore ready to start as a rookie? For this season Arizona may be more comfortable having Murray throwing to a cheap, proven, veteran slot receiver from the Jets, with a contract that expires after the season (and either Cole or Crowder will get a comp-pick qualifying UFA contract from someone next year if not extended beforehand). 

Give him a 3 year, $60 Million dollar deal, with $30 Million guaranteed.  He gets $20 M this year, $20M next year, and year #3 is really if he performs and is worth the third year.

I would be willing to give up a 4th round pick straight up for him.  No higher.  I mean we could give up a 3rd round pick and get a 4th round pick back in return, but I don't like giving up a 3rd round pick.

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Off year?   He's had two season '17 w/8 sacks and '19 w/11 sacks. All other seasons he's had 4 or less sacks.

I'll let Joe, Saleh and Ulbrich decide if they want him...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Take a deep breath, it'll all be over soon 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've begged him since he was in HS to one day become a Jet but it's not happening he's a kid born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Florida who loves the south and loves being a couple hours away from his mom and dad and family etc and I've never asked him but I bet he doesn't like the COLD.

Do you think he would refuse to report and forfeit his salary if the Falcons traded him to a team in the northeast? I think that's the question you should ask him. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

My sources tell me Chandler Jones is very very interested in a trade to the Jets. I hope Joe Douglas can work a trade with Steve Keim. Getir done smokin' Joe!

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

My sources tell me the same.

fyi, you’re my source.

I'm besties with Jones' dog walker, and I can corroborate.

He also feeds his dog way too much.

• Haha 4