Per Schttps://forums.jetnation.com/topic/161170-per-schefter-jets-looking-to-acquire-a-pass-rusher/hefter Jets looking to acquire a pass rusher

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Pass rushers don’t become available.   Not if they are worth their salt. Maybe you can get a low rated second tier guy, but the cost may not be worth it

Yeah, and it’s a good thing they have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next draft to address pass rush.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Chandler Jones requested a trade. I would start there. I could see Derek Barnett being a Jet ultimately

Nice replacement.  Hes young like Lawson with the low sack totals like Lawson.  Dont know where he ranked for hits on the QB.  I could see it because of the age factor over the 31 year old CJ but Jones had 19 sacks just two years ago. 

I had said before a lot of people were saying “next man up” when Lawson went down as if we had anyone on this team of his caliber.. we simply don’t. There very well could be a domino effect without his presence, our young secondary has to cover longer and will get torched more often. Not only could that hurt their confidence and development but the offense will have to play from behind more and like previous poster mentioned, they won’t be able to find a rhythm.

Given how much draft capital we have next year, it wouldn’t kill us to surrender a mid round pick for the sake of keeping us on the right track this year by attempting to replace what would’ve been Lawson’s production 

• Upvote 3