Are we supposed to root for Wilson or wins?

Salehery

The two are not mutually exclusive.  I want Zach to look good and I will be rooting for wins all season.  I don't care about draft position, at some point a young team has to learn to win.  May as well start to learn that this year.  I would rather go 7-10, pick 12th and have Zach and the other young guys learn what it takes to win some games in the NFL than go 3-14 have the 3rd overall pick.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Lith said:

The two are not mutually exclusive.  I want Zach to look good and I will be rooting for wins all season.  I don't care about draft position, at some point a young team has to learn to win.  May as well start to learn that this year.  I would rather go 7-10, pick 12th and have Zach and the other young guys learn what it takes to win some games in the NFL than go 3-14 have the 3rd overall pick.

Great post. I'm tired of picking top 5. If this team is playing it's best football from Thanksgiving to the last game, and they are a tough out in every one , and win a few as well, it will be a good sign. Would also mean that Zack is getting better . Win/win.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

And he keeps getting the results he wants. Every time I see OP’s name you just know it’s a negative. 

For any who missed it in The Gallows thread - pinned up top - The OP was perma-banned for being a troll.  So this thread can probably just die off and we'll all be the better for it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Whenever I see this name it reminds me that its @Philc1 talking and we're back to where you just pointed us to

True. It’s amazing how miserable some people are to spend time trolling a ******* Jets board. It’s like Dolphins fans at Jets games wearing Jets jerseys yelling at Sanchez and other players screaming you suck. What a bunch of goofs. 

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

True. It’s amazing how miserable some people are to spend time trolling a ******* Jets board. It’s like Dolphins fans at Jets games wearing Jets jerseys yelling at Sanchez and other players screaming you suck. What a bunch of goofs. 

It never ceases to amaze me.  Someone who is a grown man, an adult, wakes up and thinks to himself, I'm going to go to JetNation and troll their message board just to piss people off and get a response.  

DWC, Salehery and SAR come to mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

For any who missed it in The Gallows thread - pinned up top - The OP was perma-banned for being a troll.  So this thread can probably just die off and we'll all be the better for it.

Missed his addition, thanks for reminding me theres a pinned thread now.

Unfortunately for all given his history theres no doubt he'll be back.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It is and lately it does seem to have reached a boiling point which is clearly making the board less enjoyable for the vast majority who do care about and support this team, despite whatever flaws exist at any given moment.

The mods are taking a more proactive approach now, and trying to clean up the bottom layer of slime in the pond.  It will be a bit of whack-a-mole for a while but we're hoping to go into the season with far less trolling than we've seen over the summer.  

To be clear, this isn't to say that criticism isn't welcome here, because there are certainly plenty of things to be critical of, but as long as it's not ALL you post, and you don't constantly start new threads to beat the same dead horse and you don't assault every poster who disagrees with you, it should be fine.  We put the names up top to be transparent so if anyone has a concern about a particular action, please do let us know.  We all (well except the trolls) want this board to be a fun, welcoming, lively, and informative place.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It never ceases to amaze me.  Someone who is a grown man, an adult, wakes up and thinks to himself, I'm going to go to JetNation and troll their message board just to piss people off and get a response.  

DWC, Salehery and SAR come to mind.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Last year many were rooting for losses but I wasn’t one of them.  I always want to win.  Obviously the most important thing is that Wilson gets better.  There will be growing pains and te doesn’t need to set the world on fire in his first year.  If we ended up with a high pick but Wilson does still impress then yes I agree we would turn that pick into more assets to build more around Wilson and the team as a whole