Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Robby can suck and still be 100x better than Sam who is the worst starting NFL QB the last 4 years in a row, and worse than plenty of backups who got playing time. 

Robby will be a starter in this league after this year. Darnold will never be QB1 again.

He’s 117th in receptions this year.   Guy shouldn’t be publicly calling out anyone.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

I wonder how many GM and coaches job's will be taken as a result of JD swindling them once Joe is done

This could include himself too

Rhule Brady and there GM have to go. they all bet on Sam and then double down by not picking Fields or Mac. 

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i would want to punch Sam in the face if i was Robbie. poor guy goes from 95 catches  and over 1000k yds last year and he has 19 catches and 204 yds after 9 games. if thats continues thats around 37 catches for 400 yds. Sam is costing him money. 

It’s just Sam fans digging for the next excuse. If the situation were reversed and Sam was yelling at Robby for dropping a game winner the same voices would be praising Darnold’s passion and leadership.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He’s 117th in receptions this year.   Guy shouldn’t be publicly calling out anyone.  

Yeah well he has the worst QB in the league throwing to him. DJ Moore’s numbers also fell of the cliff. Did he get a secret contract extension we didn’t know about and also went lazy? Sam is an awful, awful player. Dot. Period. It’s settled.

Will bet any amount on any reasonable proposal to test this hypothesis.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He’s only 24. It’s still too soon....

Sam will be in the nursing home and after losing the 30th game of canasta in a row someone on here will say “yeah well he’s only 77 years old, youngest guy in the home!”

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Needs an o line as well

Another pre excuse that we predicted. Along with “no true WR1” (even though Moore sure looked like one under noodle armed Teddy), “no pass catching TE” and the inevitable CMC injury from over-use. I need to start a Miss Cleo 900 service for football fans.

57 minutes ago, jgb said:

Another pre excuse that we predicted. Along with “no true WR1” (even though Moore sure looked like one under noodle armed Teddy), “no pass catching TE” and the inevitable CMC injury from over-use. I need to start a Miss Cleo 900 service for football fans.

Moore on pace for better year playing with Darnold.  Regardless, Darnold was given a better supporting cast and better oc and has proven himself to be a bust.  

• Upvote 1

Just because Darnold sucks and is a bust doesnt mean that we shouldnt have traded back and kept him.  I still think that would have been the right move in regards to acquiring talent and having a stronger foundation for either a rookie QB or try and hit lightening in the bottle with a veteran FA. 

I'm not like complaining or missing Darnold and dont honestly care either way.  I like that we got picks for Darnold but they could have a boat load for #2 overall and I think advanced the talent level immensely. 

Besides, we'd still have Mike White! 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Just because Darnold sucks and is a bust doesnt mean that we shouldnt have traded back and kept him.  I still think that would have been the right move in regards to acquiring talent and having a stronger foundation for either a rookie QB or try and hit lightening in the bottle with a veteran FA. 

I'm not like complaining or missing Darnold and dont honestly care either way.  I like that we got picks for Darnold but they could have a boat load for #2 overall and I think advanced the talent level immensely. 

Trade Darnold, trade down, roll with Trubisky/Minshew/Tyrod at QB.  

This idea that it was take Wilson or keep Darnold as the only 2 options at QB just made no sense at the time. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

no way could we have kept Sam. ok dont draft a QB , trade back ok, but he had to go.

imagine if he was having the same season here as in Carolina. JD would be gone at the end of the year. hell maybe even Saleh too. they needed to see a 4th year of a QB we all new sucked after 2 1/2 is a fireable offense. Mike White might have never played. 

Keeping Sam would be too much of a risk to there Jobs. as it is now Carolina needs to fire all 3 of the idiots who decided to trade for Sam, give him that extension and not draft Fields or Mac.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah I was a big Darnold excuse maker myself but I think everybody has to face reality I saw orlovsky did today 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Moore on pace for better year playing with Darnold.  Regardless, Darnold was given a better supporting cast and better oc and has proven himself to be a bust.  

Moore has gone from top 10 in YPA under Teddy to middle of the pack (60s) with Darnold. He also went from #3 in the NFL in YPR last year (with a QB many here call a noodle arm) to #51 this year.

Yes he’s averaging 1.1 yard more a game but it’s taking him 2 more catches a game to “achieve” that extra yard. He’s become Jarvis Landry when last year he looked like the second coming of Tyreek Hill. 

At the same time, Robby went from middle of pack in YPA last year under Teddy to dead last under Darnold. 

tl;dr Darnold blows chunks

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trade Darnold, trade down, roll with Trubisky/Minshew/Tyrod at QB.  

This idea that it was take Wilson or keep Darnold as the only 2 options at QB just made no sense at the time. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't care enough to go back and check, but weren't you one of the ones, at the time, harping that we've gotta take a QB at #2 because who knows when we'll be in that position again?

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't care enough to go back and check, but weren't you one of the ones, at the time, harping that we've gotta take a QB at #2 because who knows when we'll be in that position again?

Yes but I wanted Fields.  Once I realized Douglas wanted Wilson, who i didn’t like, I preferred trading down or taking Pitts.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but I wanted Fields.  Once I realized Douglas wanted Wilson, who i didn’t like, I preferred trading down or taking Pitts.  

Ah, okay.

I liked Fields after his ballsy performance in the "Redneck-Whatsit Bowl" against Clemson. How has Fields been looking? I haven't been watching much football around the league.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Darnold stinks. Funny reading the early posts in this thread.

Don’t worry next game Darnold has where he doesn’t completely obliterate his team’s chances with tragi-comedical blunders, errors, and **** ups, there will be many more posts to laugh at.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ah, okay.

I liked Fields after his ballsy performance in the "Redneck-Whatsit Bowl" against Clemson. How has Fields been looking? I haven't been watching much football around the league.

i dont think its anything special but you can see for yourself tomorrow night . there on MNF vs the Steeelers

• Upvote 1