Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision.

Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

Sam Darnold concurs. Throwing bombs today and lighting up the scoreboard for carolina.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision.

Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

Agreed.  I felt it was best for both sides.  I would have been fine trading down and building around Sam but i also wanted to restart the rookie contract clock.  It’s only game 2.  If he is still doing this game 13 then I would understand being worried 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often repeated error of throwing a young guy to the wolves.

The other thing this situation shows is that the people blaming everything on Darnold were totally out to lunch.

It's almost as if a guy can look good if he has a decent oc and rb and some wrs as opposed to having:  the worst coaching staff in the league, no oline, no wrs no tight ends and a 40 year old starting rb.

Exactly. I mean fans salivate over Mahomes but let’s be honest his is loaded with big time talent around him and world class coaching. That makes a big difference for a QB

• Upvote 1

No. Absolutely not. 

And I loved Sam but it was time and notwithstanding the day Zach is having, he’ll be better than Sam. 

But the dudes who have been sh*tting on Sam for the last few weeks are LOLWorthy pathetic.

They know who they are, no reason to tag them. Weird obsession.  

“Wait till he faces the NO defense!”

”He’ll be out of the league next year!”

”Just excuses that he had no weapons or coaching!”

”Take away his weapons and coaching now and you have Sam 2020!”

“He’ll be in the CFL/McDonalds next year!”  

Pathetic.  

Really pathetic the sociopathy these freaks have for a good dude and good QB.  

Sam Darnold is a long standing starting QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1